One Eyed Bobby
    One Eyed Bobby's Avatar Become A Pro!

Breaking down Cards vs. Eagles

Cardinals are 1 - 3 against the NFC East. Their win against the Cowboys came in OT.

Eagles are 4 - 0 against the NFC West.

Eagles margin of victory against the NFC West: Cards (+28), San Fran (+14), Seattle (+19), and Rams (+35). Cardinals average margin of victory against these teams: San Fran (+7.5), Seattle (+9.5), and Rams (+22.5).

For the total season, team scoring is virtually identical. Arizona scores 26.7 per game. Eagles scores 26.0 per game. Arizona has the edge of 0.7 points per game.

For the total season, Eagles give up far fewer points per game. Arizona gives up 26.6 per game. Eagles give up 18.1 per game. Eagles give up 8.5 points less per game than the Cardinals.

To be fair, the Cardinals defense is much improved now compared to the beginning of the year so let's look at number of TD's given up over the last 4 games.

Cardinals: New England (5 TDs), Seattle (3), Atlanta (3), and Carolina (2).

Eagles: Washington (1 TD), Dallas, (0), Vikings (2), and Giants (0).

Total TDs allowed over last 4 games: Cardinals (13) and Eagles (3). Tremendous edge to the Eagles.

* Note - Atlanta and Carolina gave up a combined 9 turnovers in these 2 games. If they had been able to protect the ball better, I am confident that their TD production would have been higher.

Weather is unlikely to be a factor. Game temp predicted to be 76 degrees.

patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

so your main analysis for this playoff matchup comes when you study matchups of when the Eagles played SF and STL, two of the crappiest non-playoff teams in the game? Dude these matchups you are studying happened in weeks 1-6, how can you possibly think they have any bearing here whatsoever? and you include a game arizona played in a hostile road enviroment with nothing to play for @ philly in the cold, then go on to say weather won't be a factor. I mean please tell me you have other reasons for betting Philly, because these suck.

patsfan2727

how about you look at more recent road matchups?
    @ the end of the season, their road record was 1-3-1, with losses to NYG, BALT, and Washington(and that super cool TIE with the bengals). These were all must have games for the postseason. and they went 1-3-1.
    2-0 road playoff record is nice, but I believe that says more about the Giants and Minnesota than it does Philly.
    They are going to Arizona where Arizona likes to play, and Kurt Warner and Fitz are a MUCH more potent offense than Giants, Ravens and Redskins combined. Giving 4.5 points here seems the square play. but let me know how it works out!

patsfan2727

what do you expect from a rookie poster from cesspool, PA I guess though...

One Eyed Bobby
    One Eyed Bobby's Avatar Become A Pro!

As I mentioned, both offenses put up points at a virtually identical rate. I think that this game comes down to which defense can keep the other team out of the end zone. Looking at the last 4 games, the Cardinals defense hasn't been able to keep other teams from scoring TDs.

Avg TD's allowed per game - last 4 games:

Cardinals: 3.25
    Eagles: 0.75 (with 2 games allowing 0 TDs against NFC East opponents)

Solobets
    Solobets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan2727 View Post
    so your main analysis for this playoff matchup comes when you study matchups of when the Eagles played SF and STL, two of the crappiest non-playoff teams in the game? Dude these matchups you are studying happened in weeks 1-6, how can you possibly think they have any bearing here whatsoever? and you include a game arizona played in a hostile road enviroment with nothing to play for @ philly in the cold, then go on to say weather won't be a factor. I mean please tell me you have other reasons for betting Philly, because these suck.
    To me, the SF games are the deciding factor in this matchup. Trust me im a niner fan and saw the games at least twice curtsy of nfl rewind. We played the cards hard in our first and last game, in fact we should be in the playoffs if we would haven gotten that last touchdown in that monday night game in arizona. But when we played the eagles we had no chance at all in our house. So in my opinion, EAGLES -3.5 BIG. Good luck.

patsfan2727

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Bobby View Post
    As I mentioned, both offenses put up points at a virtually identical rate. I think that this game comes down to which defense can keep the other team out of the end zone. Looking at the last 4 games, the Cardinals defense hasn't been able to keep other teams from scoring TDs.

Avg TD's allowed per game - last 4 games:

Cardinals: 3.25
    Eagles: 0.75 (with 2 games allowing 0 TDs against NFC East opponents)
    haha, nice stat...fitzgerald already beat this stat in the 1st half by2.25 by HIMSELF!

told you man, week 1-6 matchups have no factor on this game IN AZ...