Mrecko21
    Mrecko21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chris Johnson WTF????

This guy looks like a whole different person has the 30 mill guaranteed money just sapped all inspiration and motivation out of this guy? Dont blame it on the blocking the back up had 60yds on 14 carries.Johnson look indecisive and lacks explosiveness and elusiveness that were use to seeing this guy seriously lost his Mojo! After that performance against the colts the worst run d in the league how can you have any hope for this guy, definitely would drop hiss ass in fantasy

georgekobe8
    georgekobe8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 677

I have him on one of my teams but i feel obligated to keep him as a started cause I took him 1st

FlipK11
    FlipK11's Avatar Become A Pro!

CJ is terrible this year. Dropped him from my team just before this past sunday regardless of all the "CJ'S COMEBACK GAME!" hype, and boy am i glad i did. I don't expect him to perform any better for the rest of the season.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

is this the idiot who says hes the best in league and deserves to get paid like it,well he proved all his haters right that hes nothing

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

he got paid.

the end.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

I'll explain what's going on in tennessee, which most of you guys probably havn't gotten a chance to watch or understand behidn the scenes.

This offseason the titans changed their schemes with respect to offensive line, protection, and running. They have now implemented a zone blocking scheme and they are using it all game long..

basically zone blocking requires the play to develop itself, while the lineman are all pushing the defenders toward the same direction, and gives the running back a choice to either go off guard, tackle, or cut back

What is happening with chris johnson is that he isnt able to make this read in time because tennessee's particular system is more suited for a power runner, which is why I can not figure out what in the world they are doing. javon ringer has been more successful because the scheme suits his style a bit more, but still he hasnt done much

zone blocking requires you to have good offensive lineman, something tennessee DOES NOT have. they were much more successful in the last three years with their man blocking schemes and chris johnson is now getting stuck at the line of scrimmage and wasting too much time trying to make a read instead of just hitting the hole and bursting through as he did with man coverage

if you guys want more info on zone blocking vs man blocking check out this link and you will understand.
    http://hiteminthemouth.blogspot.com/...with-gaps.html

so the factors responsible for tennessee's running problems are

1) new scheme (zone blocking)

2) lack of athletic offensive lineman to implement scheme yet they are trying anyway

3) offensive lineman suck regardless of scheme

4) no WR threats and immobile qb, putting 8 men in the box regularly

5) chris johnson has lost trust in this system and is losing trust in his own abilities because of all of this.

CHANGE THE SYSTEM, and get better lineman, and for Gods sake get better receivers or any weapons whatsoever so that they stop stacking the box, and the old chris johnson will be back.

hope this helps for you guys wondering why chris johnson has gone MIA.
    Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave 4TH AND STUPID 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I got CJ in a Keeper league, it's not looking like im keeping him - despite him being the most elusive threat in the NFL

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

i thought i was a genius trading steve smith when his value was high (i thought he'd teeter off) for chris johnson when his value was low (and still is) but now i feel like an idiot. i mean i'm pretty solid at WR but CJ didn't help my lack of RB production like i thought he would

jess40
    jess40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

what money will do...

Mrecko21
    Mrecko21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why the F would you change your running scheme if your doing well with it that makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    I'll explain what's going on in tennessee, which most of you guys probably havn't gotten a chance to watch or understand behidn the scenes.

This offseason the titans changed their schemes with respect to offensive line, protection, and running. They have now implemented a zone blocking scheme and they are using it all game long..

basically zone blocking requires the play to develop itself, while the lineman are all pushing the defenders toward the same direction, and gives the running back a choice to either go off guard, tackle, or cut back

What is happening with chris johnson is that he isnt able to make this read in time because tennessee's particular system is more suited for a power runner, which is why I can not figure out what in the world they are doing. javon ringer has been more successful because the scheme suits his style a bit more, but still he hasnt done much

zone blocking requires you to have good offensive lineman, something tennessee DOES NOT have. they were much more successful in the last three years with their man blocking schemes and chris johnson is now getting stuck at the line of scrimmage and wasting too much time trying to make a read instead of just hitting the hole and bursting through as he did with man coverage

if you guys want more info on zone blocking vs man blocking check out this link and you will understand.
    http://hiteminthemouth.blogspot.com/...with-gaps.html

so the factors responsible for tennessee's running problems are

1) new scheme (zone blocking)

2) lack of athletic offensive lineman to implement scheme yet they are trying anyway

3) offensive lineman suck regardless of scheme

4) no WR threats and immobile qb, putting 8 men in the box regularly

5) chris johnson has lost trust in this system and is losing trust in his own abilities because of all of this.

CHANGE THE SYSTEM, and get better lineman, and for Gods sake get better receivers or any weapons whatsoever so that they stop stacking the box, and the old chris johnson will be back.

hope this helps for you guys wondering why chris johnson has gone MIA.

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    he got paid.

the end.

^^^this

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by Mrecko21 View Post
    Why the F would you change your running scheme if your doing well with it that makes no sense

new coaching staff i suppose new philosophy...

coaches are arrogant and believe their systems work and usually stick to them even if they fail..

coaches are also arrogant and believe their ability to scout talent is flawless, which is why a lot of QB's play terrible but are not benched because a coach has too much pride to throw in the towel and say that his man was no good.

pride kills nfl head coaches and ultimately gets them fired.