BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spooky NFL plays(many just plain frightening)

Balty-13.....Square me up

Kolb and the Cards playing early east coast gm against a pissed off ravens team?...big number for a limited offense at times but wont matter because unlike gabbert who is scared to make a mistake kolb getting paid to throw it and with his lack of ability against the blitz, with that o-line, against a angry Ravens squad. sounds like a long day to me, one where the d will either score or set scores up in what should be a wire to wire ass beating...

Lambs+14.5....all week i said no way i was touching this gm, i still dont want to...yet here we are, what can i say? it better that Feely starting? maybe, at least he has been practicing with loyd. seems anyone thinking rams lost interest when they heard Bradford was out, he wasnt playing all that well anyway so what the difference and now i can get 14.5?

I still didnt like it, then friend or mine said "saints pussies on the road, jackson healthy, just do it" ....

Den+3....Dislike of Teblow seems to be masking det flaws to a lot of ppl on this one. hell at 1st i leaned det but honestly it had everything to do with how tebow looked in that mia gm (and cause i really dont like him,lol)...instead of picking on tebow lets look at det for a min...

everyone talks about det's "weapons" but they are down to a offense that consist of a gimpy qb and 1 stud wr, not much more.. i respect champ baily and this denver defense when he is playing, yea megatron will make a few plays but he gonna have to work for what he gets.

Cant argue det pass rush at all, they get to the qb. But lets just say maybe they are playing in some altitude and Tebow is running no huddle, draws, screens, you know that shit that tires some upfield pass rushers out..they already dont stop the run if den actually does this to them how you think they will stop the run in the 4th qrtr?

this is a det team that has been down big on the road a few times this season, yes they came back but not a trend you wanna continue, especially if you struggle stopping the run... i just see a whole lot of flaws in a road team laying points that everyone seems to think is the "lock" of the week or some shit...

I admit ive totally flipped on this gm thru the week from leaning det to all a sudden i think the legend of Tebow may grow before it crumbles, cause surely you all will be impressed after he wins this game against this "great" det team!!!!

Indy+9.....who the fukk is ten to be laying 9 points? ever?

SF-9...another offensively challenged big fav right? damn right.. if cle scores 17 this bet is toast. i just cant find 17 points for the browns here.

few more of the afternoon and night gms that im thinking about but thought i would get it started with these...some spooky ass shit isnt it?

As always thoughts, comments, discussion more than welcome and appreciated....

BOL everyone

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

Good write up...good read BigDan. Looked at the lines and nothing stood out. Did see one that stirs the eyebrow. Will keep an eye on it and track it. Will c how things go by gametime.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Blazermaniac View Post
    Good write up...good read BigDan. Looked at the lines and nothing stood out. Did see one that stirs the eyebrow. Will keep an eye on it and track it. Will c how things go by gametime.

thanx brother..there a few more that interest me as well. namely skins but kinda pissed i didnt bet them at +6 but was still waiting on injury updates to defensive players..

even if i dont post later..usually go to gym around 10 then out to watch games, ill still look in a few times and see what you came up with...

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

Solid card, best of luck today Dan. I am having Balty, Lamb, Cotls.
    My spooky play is Washington Skin. Really, Bills a second in AFC East with 3-0 at home only give a bottom team in NFL with all kind of injuries 4pts. It must be a gift from Vegas? I think not.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

what's up Big Dan? as you know Skins and Browns are my teams and i think i'll be fading them both in some fashion. on Bills -4 already, i think the Bills will play well in Toronto after shaky performances there in the past. as for Browns, i'm thinking either under or Browns TT under 14'. as you said, it's hard to envision the Browns with 17. i'd say that the Browns are the team most likely to be held to single digits today. i also like Pats/Stillers over, waiting to see if i can get 52, and Bengals/Seahawks under. BOL to you today.

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Dan , i laughed my ass off with the "who the fukk is ten to be laying 9 pts " im on almost every play you posted..
    with Carolina ML...

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

I have had my hand on the button like 5 times this week ready to go big on Detroit, but something always stopped me. I think you summed it up pretty well. As much as we Tebow "haters" make fun of the blind love he receives we have to be careful not to blindly hate too, I realized my early read on this game consisted solely of Tebow sucks , not enough no lay hard earned money on. Detroit is gonna have to come out early and put some points on the board and force Denver to play from behind or this could turn into a grind out game in a tough atmosphere for road team.

Still not sure I won't play Detroit, but your post put into perspective the doubts I have about it, that's for sure. Good luck today BigD, I am sure you are still riding high from your Cards WS bro

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Not buying "the pissed off Ravens", that doesnt translate into dominating a football game. They sh!t the bed on Monday Night Football for all the world to see, what other motivation do you need than MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. Besides as hinted, they can be as pissed off as they want to be, their offense isnt good, receivers corps need an overhaul, I want even speak on the passive, nonchalant, even-keeled qb.

BiffTFinancial

just capped the Ravens game, like it, Big Dan. i have that one Ravens, 35-10. yes, Ravens looked bad on MNF, but they've looked outstanding in three home games this year, beating Jets, Stillers, and Texans all by multiple scores, and all three of those teams are much better than AZ. i'm sure they'll be motivated off the MNF bedshittery, but it's really more than they're simply a much better team than AZ and playing well at home. MNF just means that they aren't likely to come out flat or unfocused as they might've off a big win.

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Rams suck plain and simple! The Saints Offense cannot be stopped. You got to be an idiot to bet on the rams with a backup QB against one of the top 3 teams in the whole NFL. The rams look pathetic plain and simple and have so many issues, just because S.Jackson is back doesnt mean much he is still not 100%.i think i would take the saints -20! Saints 48 Rams 13

5 units on Saints -13.5

Then you like Tebow and the lowly Broncos laying only a field goal to the up and coming lions?? Tebow will be under plenty of pressure all day and sure to commit a few turnovers. He has alot of heart but just not a good NFL QB. You must not have seen the miami game last week because they looked pathetic for 58 minutes getting only 1 1st down before the dolphins imploded like they always do. But you saw the "AMAZING" COME BACK by tebow lol

Lions 27
    Broncos 10

And who the hell is Tenn to lay 8.5 points? well they are playing the PATHETIC colts who have NO TEAM with out manning. Manning knew how to run that complex offense and I think its time C.Johnson had his break out game. Hasselbeck looks good this year too.

Titans 28
    Colts 3

I like your SF play though .

Seaton420

Ravens should kill the Cards but im stayin away cause of how bad the ravens looked last week. I love the pats -2.5 and bills -4.5 5 units on each

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    I have had my hand on the button like 5 times this week ready to go big on Detroit, but something always stopped me. I think you summed it up pretty well. As much as we Tebow "haters" make fun of the blind love he receives we have to be careful not to blindly hate too, I realized my early read on this game consisted solely of Tebow sucks , not enough no lay hard earned money on. Detroit is gonna have to come out early and put some points on the board and force Denver to play from behind or this could turn into a grind out game in a tough atmosphere for road team.

Still not sure I won't play Detroit, but your post put into perspective the doubts I have about it, that's for sure. Good luck today BigD, I am sure you are still riding high from your Cards WS bro
    RS i swear my 1st thought when the line came out on this gm was "det d-line should kill tebow", i knew pretty early i was just going to pass. surprised it came all the way around to actually betting on Teblow. still a little shocked actually. will feel like a ass if det kills tebow like everyone seems to assume, but hey it gambling right?

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Seaton420 View Post
    The Rams suck plain and simple! The Saints Offense cannot be stopped. You got to be an idiot to bet on the rams with a backup QB against one of the top 3 teams in the whole NFL. The rams look pathetic plain and simple and have so many issues, just because S.Jackson is back doesnt mean much he is still not 100%.i think i would take the saints -20! Saints 48 Rams 13

5 units on Saints -13.5

Then you like Tebow and the lowly Broncos laying only a field goal to the up and coming lions?? Tebow will be under plenty of pressure all day and sure to commit a few turnovers. He has alot of heart but just not a good NFL QB. You must not have seen the miami game last week because they looked pathetic for 58 minutes getting only 1 1st down before the dolphins imploded like they always do. But you saw the "AMAZING" COME BACK by tebow lol

Lions 27
    Broncos 10

And who the hell is Tenn to lay 8.5 points? well they are playing the PATHETIC colts who have NO TEAM with out manning. Manning knew how to run that complex offense and I think its time C.Johnson had his break out game. Hasselbeck looks good this year too.

Titans 28
    Colts 3

I like your SF play though .

i think "idiot" is rather strong word, "crazy", "ate up", anything of that nature would be accurate and far less hurtful

if it makes yo feel any better i wrote several paragraphs in a thread earlier this week that was way more on point w/o even calling anyone a name where i said taking the rams was a bad idea...

i think you fail to read anything i wrote about den. i am making this bet despite of Teblow not because of any 4th qrtr comeback. i can assure you i see every gm, but thanx for your concern....

go down the depth chart and tell me ten is really all that much better then indy, i cant do it. but you are obviously smarter than me

Seaton420

Tebows stats agoing into the last 3 min of the 4th quarter were 2/21 with 21yrds passing. He is the next Ryan Leaf & should be moved to TE or Fullback. Tebow has heart, he's a winner blah blah blah

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    what's up Big Dan? as you know Skins and Browns are my teams and i think i'll be fading them both in some fashion. on Bills -4 already, i think the Bills will play well in Toronto after shaky performances there in the past. as for Browns, i'm thinking either under or Browns TT under 14'. as you said, it's hard to envision the Browns with 17. i'd say that the Browns are the team most likely to be held to single digits today. i also like Pats/Stillers over, waiting to see if i can get 52, and Bengals/Seahawks under. BOL to you today.

i really wanted to play skins in this gm. thik i will just leave alone though. considering the under in sf as well...like the pats/pit ov, just didnt post it cause i played it early in the week and wasnt gonna post a number that was no longer available...

BigDan

Tebows stats agoing into the last 3 min of the 4th quarter were 2/21 with 21yrds passing. He is the next Ryan Leaf & should be moved to TE or Fullback. Tebow has heart, he's a winner blah blah blah

You preaching to the choir friend...i have little use for tebow. that said there is nothing about det that makes them a good play here...hell if i know it the nfl boss, anything can happen...

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by darkenergy View Post
    Solid card, best of luck today Dan. I am having Balty, Lamb, Cotls.
    My spooky play is Washington Skin. Really, Bills a second in AFC East with 3-0 at home only give a bottom team in NFL with all kind of injuries 4pts. It must be a gift from Vegas? I think not.

lean skins as well just havnt convinced myself to pull the trigger...BOL with your card as well brother

Seaton420

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    i think "idiot" is rather strong word, "crazy", "ate up", anything of that nature would be accurate and far less hurtful

if it makes yo feel any better i wrote several paragraphs in a thread earlier this week that was way more on point w/o even calling anyone a name where i said taking the rams was a bad idea...

i think you fail to read anything i wrote about den. i am making this bet despite of Teblow not because of any 4th qrtr comeback. i can assure you i see every gm, but thanx for your concern....

go down the depth chart and tell me ten is really all that much better then indy, i cant do it. but you are obviously smarter than me
    The colts are gonna suck for luck like the dolphins are. Indy looks pathetic is all i know. Manning looks so frustrated and the team doesnt care anymore. Tenn looks decent on both sides of the ball.Hasselbeck, C.Johnson due for a big game i think he goes over 150. LOL looks at the depth chart and tell you...Wow thats says it all buddy! anyways

Goodluck with putting your $$$ on the colts

BiffTFinancial

i really wanted to play skins in this gm. thik i will just leave alone though. considering the under in sf as well...like the pats/pit ov, just didnt post it cause i played it early in the week and wasnt gonna post a number that was no longer available...
    i don't bet against the Skins often, and i could be wrong, but i think they get rolled here.

thinking may add Vikes/Panthers under or Texans TT over/game over. was liking Saints TT over, but such a high number and hard to believe that Rams score much.

Seaton420

The Redskins with John Beck going into Buffalo and you like the skins

Again i see the Redskins on a downward spiral and the Bills seem to be playing well on both sides of the ball

too much pressure on John Beck & too many key injuries for the Redskins

Buffalo -4.5 5 units

BigDan

i don't bet against the Skins often, and i could be wrong, but i think they get rolled here.

thinking may add Vikes/Panthers under or Texans TT over/game over. was liking Saints TT over, but such a high number and hard to believe that Rams score much.

i defer to you when it comes to your teams brother. you know you one of a handful of opinions i respect around here..i was really on fence as to whether or not to trust skins, much more of a play against Bills as i think despite skins offensive injuries that are being overblown imo that skins will put up 17-21 against billls shoddy d....i could never reallly get confident in what i expect out f Buf offensively tho which is why i didnt make the play when it was +6 (lie i prob should have)...

im confused on why you and few others i respect like the minny/car under as it seems to me we getting 2 teams that each do well what the other is terrible at stopping. i leaned over all week but sharper folks than me seem to like under so prob just staying away....

BigDan

Again i see the Redskins on a downward spiral and the Bills seem to be playing well on both sides of the ball

too much pressure on John Beck & too many key injuries for the Redskins

Buffalo -4.5 5 units

skins injuries are overblown..Beck not any worse than grossman, can at least move around...another case of a team (buf) being thought of way to highly. terrible defense so id expect skins to score despite their offensive struggles...at 6 id be all over skins at 4,5 it is a pass fer me....you seem to have this NFL thing figured out so i wouldnt worry about anything i post

BiffTFinancial

i defer to you when it comes to your teams brother. you know you one of a handful of opinions i respect around here..i was really on fence as to whether or not to trust skins, much more of a play against Bills as i think despite skins offensive injuries that are being overblown imo that skins will put up 17-21 against billls shoddy d....i could never reallly get confident in what i expect out f Buf offensively tho which is why i didnt make the play when it was +6 (lie i prob should have)... im confused on why you and few others i respect like the minny/car under as it seems to me we getting 2 teams that each do well what the other is terrible at stopping. i leaned over all week but sharper folks than me seem to like under so prob just staying away....
    yeah, you liking the Rams is one of the things that has me hesitant on the Saints TT over.

with Vikes/Panthers, i think that Minn d-line is going to cause real problems for Carolina's o-line, and Vikes will be able to run, shorten the game and keep the ball out of Cam Newton's hands. that said, the Viking DB injuries have me concerned.

late4thegame
    late4thegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Isn't this game in Toronto?

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by late4thegame View Post
    Isn't this game in Toronto?

yep

BigDan

yeah, you liking the Rams is one of the things that has me hesitant on the Saints TT over.

with Vikes/Panthers, i think that Minn d-line is going to cause real problems for Carolina's o-line, and Vikes will be able to run, shorten the game and keep the ball out of Cam Newton's hands. that said, the Viking DB injuries have me concerned.

yea im just not sold minny pass rush will do anything but have Cam back there running around making plays...totally expect AP to run wild but also would think he breaks a few off in big chunks. Cam in true cam form will prob turn it over for a score then come back and score at some point. neither teams defense very good at getting off the field on 3rd downs either so while that leads to longer drives should also lead to points...

honestly no real opinion on rams total. i put saints in the 27-31 point range for the gm...

Seaton420

skins injuries are overblown..Beck not any worse than grossman, can at least move around...another case of a team (buf) being thought of way to highly. terrible defense so id expect skins to score despite their offensive struggles...at 6 id be all over skins at 4,5 it is a pass fer me....you seem to have this NFL thing figured out so i wouldnt worry about anything i post
    Take a happy pill & put your $ on the redskins then

darkenergy

Here are my idiot/spooky card
    Colts 1H +4.5
    Colts +9, -130
    Colts UNDER 44.5, -130
    Rams +14, -117 (3x on this)
    Redskins +4.5,
    Dolphins +10 (smallest .5x)
    Seattle ML +110
    SF -9
    and here are something really, really stupid plays:
    $5.00$1,259.06Pending5 Team Parlay

Pending10/30/11 1:00pm NFL Football 207 Indianapolis Colts +340* vs Tennessee Titans
    Pending10/30/11 1:00pm NFL Football 209 Jacksonville Jaguars +355* vs Houston Texans
    Pending10/30/11 4:05pm NFL Football 219 Washington Redskins +180* vs Buffalo Bills
    Pending10/30/11 4:15pm NFL Football 224 Pittsburgh Steelers +120* vs New England Patriots
    Pending10/30/11 4:15pm NFL Football 228 Seattle Seahawks pk +105* vs Cincinnati Bengals

darkenergy

Best of luck to you today Dan

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

big dan!
    good luck today, brah!
    you're cool as hell, brah!
    picks are awesome.
    get that loot!
    good luck!

BigDan

appriciate the kind words eveyone...hopefully we can make some money today..

adding

Cam Newtons -3...what can i say. i know car struggles to stop the run and ap will asuradly get his, that said ponder is making his 1st road start and i like fading qbs in this spot, lets be real for all the praise he is getting he still only completed 13 of 31 passes last week...all that but what it really comes down to is i am a fan of Cam (dude saving my fantasy season in my big league). ill take Cams playmaking over aps solid day..

out till later...BOL everyone

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Not buying "the pissed off Ravens", that doesnt translate into dominating a football game. They sh!t the bed on Monday Night Football for all the world to see, what other motivation do you need than MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. Besides as hinted, they can be as pissed off as they want to be, their offense isnt good, receivers corps need an overhaul, I want even speak on the passive, nonchalant, even-keeled qb.

BigDan

adding...

skins +4.5

cle/sf un 38.5

pats/pits ov 52.5