BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Colts ML +360

The colts finally bottomed out last week after so many closs losses. Now they get to play a Tennessee team that doesn't have any real weapons on either side of the ball. Good spot for their first win

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Why this blind belief in Colts? didn't you say they would win SU v. Steelers?

FWIW, I think they're in the Suck For Luck Sweepstakes and they'll tank every away game this year. Why stop now?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    FWIW, I think they're in the Suck For Luck Sweepstakes and they'll tank every away game this year. Why stop now?
    "Suck For Luck" has gotta be the stupidest slogan I've heard in a long time. I've also heard it in reference to Miami. I guess the Rams suck for someone else or maybe no reason in general. And who's tanking games? The players? In a play for pay system, all they are doing is losing money. The coaches? Same deal and could/should deserve to be fired. Front office? I wouldn't put it past some front offices, but I know Bill Polian is too much of a football head to even consider such a crackpot conspiracy. Bottom line, nobody plays to lose in the NFL despite the constant inside joke amongst handicappers about the "fix".

As far as this week, I'm not playing this one because Titans are always tough to figure out and this is one of those divisional rivalries where we can throw out the records. In some ways I feel like the Colts should be getting more points, but I haven't seen the Titans at all so maybe they aren't much better. I'm simply taking a pass.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

You're saying teams never tank their season so they can get a good draft pick?

C'mon man, how many years have you been at this?

what about 1998 spurs tanking their season, sitting out David Robinson, so they could have first round draft pick, Tim Duncan? They go on to win the 1999 championships.
    Smaller markets depend on their draftpicks for their talent. They got an aging, star quarterback. They NEED Luck if they want to have draw a fan-base for the next few years. (Example: you think people pay top $$ to see Addai?) Not to mention, they need a star QB to be a threat. (But I can write another page essay on how the Colt's ARE NOT this bad).

FWIW, the Suck for Luck theory sure does make sense for the Colts, one of the few NFL teams I know A LOT about.

For the Rams? They might just suck because... they well, suck.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

might not be a bad bet...Colts will be playing for pride after losing so badly..there is a trend to play on teams in NFL after a 40+ point loss, not sure of the record offhand, but it is +EV wager

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Avenger, please dont compare the nba to nfl in terms of tanking games. The nba has had scandal after scandal and david stern has tried to fix playoff games. Nobody in the nfl is tanking games, just watch the games and you'll see this. The teams just simply suck. The nba is whole different ball game in terms of tanking, but come on man, it has never happened in the nfl

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA way different avenger....not saying a NFL team wouldnt tank but this early? no way, these teams are just bad. Mia front office basically tanked to start the season though by going after Harbaugh then leaving Sapprano in charge, biggest lame duck coach in history coming into a season...

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

NFL teams don't lose games on purpose you dumbass. Do you realize the players contracts aren't guaranteed money? Some of them have clauses in their contracts saying they have to win X amount of games or have X amount of yards, receptions, tackles, etc. And do you really think the players on the field give a shit if Andrew Luck is gonna be the teams QB for the next decade or 2?

If anyone cared it'd be the teams current QB, and he wouldn't want Luck to be there to take his spot, if anything.

Use your brain.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I guess the Rams suck for someone else or maybe no reason in general.
    Rams would draft Luck, and trade Bradford and his huge contract. Rookie maximum would be considerably less now.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Rams would draft Luck, and trade Bradford and his huge contract. Rookie maximum would be considerably less now.

would someone take Bradford for all that money? God that would be sweet...i doubt rams stay in contention for the top spot though cause they do have 4 gms remaining against zona and sea. if they get healthy id imagine they win a couple of those at least... i dont care bout Luck, he great and all but what the Lambs need is a fukkin playmaker on the outside seeing how they havnt had one since the Holt/bruce days...Blackmon would be nice...

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

nobody ever said they lose games on purpose

but you have to believe when they get a spot, they put in a younger guy for experience...

BettingWizard

+326 at pinny now

BettingWizard

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Why this blind belief in Colts? didn't you say they would win SU v. Steelers?

blind belief? I had Saints in a blowout, and Bengals the week before