brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Anybody Else Here Love 13 Point Teasers???

I have had a lot of success with 13 point teasers so far in the NFL because there are a lot of situations where I believe a team has a chance to cover that 13 point teaser 90-95+ percent of the time

for example, I love teasing the Steelers - 3.5 to + 9.5. The Steelers haven't lost a game against a bad team by more than 1 possession in something like 4 or 5 YEARS (they've probably played what?? 25 bad teams in that stretch and covered every single one). I loved teasing the Falcons last weekend from - 4.5 to + 8.5 because the falcons haven't lost a home game by more than 7 points to a bad team in Matt Ryan's entire career

the best ones are teams like the ravens or patriots being favored by 3 - 5 points at home because you know they're not gonna lose at home and if they do, it will never be by more than 1 possession

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I have had a lot of success with 13 point teasers so far in the NFL because there are a lot of situations where I believe a team has a chance to cover that 13 point teaser 90-95+ percent of the time for example, I love teasing the Steelers - 3.5 to + 9.5. The Steelers haven't lost a game against a bad team by more than 1 possession in something like 4 or 5 YEARS (they've probably played what?? 25 bad teams in that stretch and covered every single one). I loved teasing the Falcons last weekend from - 4.5 to + 8.5 because the falcons haven't lost a home game by more than 7 points to a bad team in Matt Ryan's entire career the best ones are teams like the ravens or patriots being favored by 3 - 5 points at home because you know they're not gonna lose at home and if they do, it will never be by more than 1 possession
    if those teams dont lose by more than 1 score y are u wasting value on a 13 pt teaser?
    y tease pitt to 9.5 instead of to 7.5 ?
    y tease atl to 8.5 instead of 7.5?

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    if those teams dont lose by more than 1 score y are u wasting value on a 13 pt teaser? y tease pitt to 9.5 instead of to 7.5 ? y tease atl to 8.5 instead of 7.5?

because there are no 11 point or 12 point teasers that my book offers

it's either 13 or 10

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I dig all kinds of teasers. 13 point teasers are great. I lost a big one this week because I teased the over in the Pats/Cowboys game. Can't believe it didn't go over 42. Now that I look back at it, it was a big mistake. Rob Ryan has had Tom Brady's number. Probably do a 13 point teaser with the Pack, Ravens, Saints, and someone else next week.

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

fade anything and everything brahma posts. as the weeks pass my brain hurts more and more reading his trashcan garbage dogshit 1st grade logic

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

13 team teasers are cool but too much to rely on, thts 4 dam teams. 3 teams teaser are much safer teasing from 7-10 pts imo

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Ridiculous...why do you think the books offer 13 pt teasers at such bad odds? Do you think they are trying to help you? They are suckering you in and you fell for it. The only ling term profitable teasers are wong teasers at no worse than -110 odds.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

13 pt teasers are only for yuks. I'll play one maybe once or twice a year for a tiny amount. Generally they are terrible value.

In the spirit of this thread, here's my play for this week:

Redskins +15 1/2
    Vikings +21 1/2
    Bucs +14
    Saints -1

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

i play 20 point 4 team teasers in nfl (only nfl), sides and or totals; 9-1 odds isn't great but i don't look at that. i take $500 a year and double up every week, never lost in two years. at the end of the year you have a nice chunk of change. the key for me when choosing a team is forget the spread and look at the qb. i stay from the numbers and look at the qb/team. teams like dallas, new england, green bay, saints, etc are always in games and never get blown out, that is the key.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Ridiculous...why do you think the books offer 13 pt teasers at such bad odds? Do you think they are trying to help you? They are suckering you in and you fell for it. The only ling term profitable teasers are wong teasers at no worse than -110 odds.
    13 pt teasers this year have been amazing. check Statistationals thread of picks. if i 13 pt teased any of his picks the entire season, only one of the 30+ picks would lose. hes had 3 straight weeks where any possible teaser wouldve won. that doesnt seem to be hard. i made all my money on 13 pters this weekend.. 3-0

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    i play 20 point 4 team teasers in nfl (only nfl), sides and or totals; 9-1 odds isn't great but i don't look at that. i take $500 a year and double up every week, never lost in two years. at the end of the year you have a nice chunk of change. the key for me when choosing a team is forget the spread and look at the qb. i stay from the numbers and look at the qb/team. teams like dallas, new england, green bay, saints, etc are always in games and never get blown out, that is the key.
    how u doubling up every week on 9-1 odds ?

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

I am pretty sure 13 point teasers are never +EV because of the -130 juice. I am guilty of playing them from time to time purely for entertainment, but I don't think you are going to find too many experts who mess around with this strategy.

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

I like to open a teasers with MNF and fill the last two or three plays later in the week. If a line appears sharp then it's an easy winner with a 10-13 pt tease.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by loopydude11 View Post
    13 pt teasers this year have been amazing. check Statistationals thread of picks. if i 13 pt teased any of his picks the entire season, only one of the 30+ picks would lose. hes had 3 straight weeks where any possible teaser wouldve won. that doesnt seem to be hard. i made all my money on 13 pters this weekend.. 3-0
    Have you heard the expression "long term?" Any concept might work for a little awhile, but if the books were losing these wagers long term they would stop offering them. Books are not going to give you this option unless they are confident that they will be profitable from its use. I can't believe you would say these are good bets because they might have worked for a few weeks this season...come in dude....think long term...that is what matters.

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

What books offer these 13 pt teasers??

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post

Have you heard the expression "long term?" Any concept might work for a little awhile, but if the books were losing these wagers long term they would stop offering them. Books are not going to give you this option unless they are confident that they will be profitable from its use. I can't believe you would say these are good bets because they might have worked for a few weeks this season...come in dude....think long term...that is what matters.
    i've been betting on sports for 2 years now (and really only 4-5 months out of the year), i haven't gotten familiar with what works long term and all that yet. i'm just saying its been working for me the past few weeks so i'll ride it until i can't anymore

@the inevitable - i get them at BetOnline.. i know a lot of other books do them too. i think they HAVE to be 4 teams tho