Beachdude83
    Beachdude83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

What the hell is going on with Ochocinco?

I know this guy is older and is past his prime, but if you watched some of the Cinci games last year you would see that this guy can still play.

So my question is why the hell is this guy failing in the Patriots system? Welker has emerged as their #1 guy and is on pace to break Rice's record for receiving yards. But what surprises me is Chad is usually not even in the game when it counts.

Branch is only 1 year younger and of far less physical ability, yet he is higher on the depth chart and putting out higher stats than Ochocinco by far. Is he just of such a lower mental capacity that he can't grasp this offense? I never thought that he would make an impact like Moss did in this offense, but his non-impact on this team flabbergasted me.

Thoughts?

ericool007
    ericool007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3953

ochocinco doesnt know the playbook that well as i could imagine its not easy.
    i figured ocho was at least going to start though being a #1 decoy to help welker get easier corners and less coverage but it seems he doesnt even need it.

Beachdude83
    Beachdude83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Crazy that Welker is pulling the stats without him in the game right? Branch is an above average receiver at best at this point in his career. Just goes to show what schemes and an top QB can do alone even in the NFL.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

It's rare that a free agent can come in and make an impact right away. QBs and WRs need a lot of trust in each other. Moss worked because he was '1 route', more or less. Without OTAs and aparently Ocho not working hard enough in learning the offense, allegedly, and a couple of drops here and there in the pre season and you can see Brady just does not trust him. Brady/Branch have a fantastic repore going back a long way, I think that's why they work together so well. Trust is everything in the QB/WR relationship, especially in option route situations. Ocho just needs more time and you'll see him be more productive. He's going to be limited in that offense, though, since Welker and those TEs are always freakin open... And Branch gets open, too.

Ask Whole
    Ask Whole's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welker is golden

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Stage is to big for him, simple.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Well it's hard for him to even see the field. Right now he only see's about a third of the snaps. The Pats primarily run a 2 TE offense. Therefore that only leaves room for 2 WR's on the field. Welker and Branch happen to be the 2 WR's. So really the only time Ocho gets on the field is when the Pats go to a 1 TE set, or if he gives Welker or Branch a breather.

And you can't expect someone to come in and make a difference in a few weeks. Brady is the type of guy who has to be familiar with his WR's, he is not familiar with Ocho. If Ocho had a full offseason with them, I think he'd be making a much bigger impact.

Mrecko21
    Mrecko21's Avatar Become A Pro!

[quote=Beachdude83;11842241]I know this guy is older and is past his prime, but if you watched some of the Cinci games last year you would see that this guy can still play.

If you watch some of the Cinci games last yr you would see that this guy wasn't even on the same page with the QB he's been with his whole career,he was running the wrong routes,so imagine with a new team and qb