cheesehead004
    cheesehead004's Avatar Become A Pro!

The play of the week is Giants ML +240

Easy money here, I shouldnt even have to explain why. It's obvious what's gonna happen here. Because of last year, Coughlin will play his players to win the game, the Vikings are without P Williams, the Giants will run all over them, while they stack the box to force the Vikings to throw the ball, which will result in disaster for the Vikings. Just because they had back to back hiccups a few weeks ago does not mean the Giants still arent the best team in football, the #1 seed, and the defending Super Bowl champion. After reestablishing themselves and their identity against Carolina, they are going to hammer the Vikings hard. Not to mention, besides the Bills, the Vikings are probably the biggest chokers in NFL history as a franchise. You just know they will find ways to just blow this game. I can just smell another Nate Poole moment coming. And with the Vikings having to rely on their passing game to win this for them, the opportunities for chokejobs are endless.

Put that $$$ on the G Men folks.

kroyrunner89
    kroyrunner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2663

i like it and i hope you're right, i'm a bears fan!

Godzilla
    Godzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Vikings because they will go all out to win. You dont know how long the Giants will play the starters. If they play all game, I just cant see them playing all out to win cause they dont need to.

SportsLockPicks
    SportsLockPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Quote Originally Posted by cheesehead004 View Post
    Easy money here, I shouldnt even have to explain why. It's obvious what's gonna happen here. Because of last year, Coughlin will play his players to win the game, the Vikings are without P Williams, the Giants will run all over them, while they stack the box to force the Vikings to throw the ball, which will result in disaster for the Vikings. Just because they had back to back hiccups a few weeks ago does not mean the Giants still arent the best team in football, the #1 seed, and the defending Super Bowl champion. After reestablishing themselves and their identity against Carolina, they are going to hammer the Vikings hard. Not to mention, besides the Bills, the Vikings are probably the biggest chokers in NFL history as a franchise. You just know they will find ways to just blow this game. I can just smell another Nate Poole moment coming. And with the Vikings having to rely on their passing game to win this for them, the opportunities for chokejobs are endless.

Put that $$$ on the G Men folks.

Rookie, do you even know who the backup QB is for the Giants? You better get familiar. There is nothing to prove this year..they aren't playing to spoil a perfect season.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Giants ML is way too low with nothing to play for.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLockPicks View Post
    Rookie, do you even know who the backup QB is for the Giants? You better get familiar. There is nothing to prove this year..they aren't playing to spoil a perfect season.
    No, Coughlin will play his starters. The only slight excecption will be that Ward wlll take some carries away from Jacobs as they try and get Ward 1000 yards.

True they have nothing to prove, but unlike last year, they have a bye next week, and it's not Coughlin's style to give starters two straight weeks off.

osho1226
    osho1226's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you can get into Coughlin's head and figure out what he will really do, then bet on this one. Obviously, Vegas doesn't trust the Giants to compete because, if they did, the Giants would not have been the underdog. If you want to bet on this game, you should play Minnesota moneyline because they will come out to play and play to win. The Giants will likely compete for a while and then quit. Forget all the baloney about staying sharp. As much as a coach says he wants to compete, who would like to be the moron who lets a major player get injured when they had no business being out on the field in the first place. Last year was different. They were a wild card team trying to play spoiler to a team seeking to make history. This year they have home field wrapped up and all they have on their minds is repeating a Superbowl victory. More at stake, which means a more conservative approach. The right strategy for a team in their place is: Rest your players and stay healthy - unless of course Coughlin has a huge moneyline bet on the Giants
    Last edited by osho1226; 12-26-08 at 10:58 AM.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Anyone remember Vikings & Giants from week 12 last season? Vikings rolled 41-17. Peterson didn't even play. Tavaris Jackson's passer rating was 139.2.

What's different this time around? Vikings are at home rather than away. Vikings are battling for a playoff spot, the Giants are just trying to stay sharp and the win is basically meaningless to them. Peterson will play.

kw071
    kw071's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33

Giants +3 1/2 first half