rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Laying 8 in a snow storm?

NE/ARI Sunday
    Widespread snow. Total snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Highs in the mid 30s. East winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

I know the Cards have had a hard time running the ball but the snow combined with high wind makes this a no play for me. Sometimes you dont know how a guy plays in snow until he plays in snow. Warner played in NY so I know he can deal. Plus Moss usually packs it in when the weather outside is frightful. This is no longer the lock of the week.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I see your point, but Arizona is probably going to sit Boldin and Wilson in this weather.

I'd say a small play on NE, but it's no lock or anything.

MilfDriller
    MilfDriller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

What are your thoughts on Faulk and Moss producing in this game?

Moss is on my opponent's team in the Championship... and I have Faulk as my RB if I decide to play him.

rockhardfister

I actually think Fitz and Boldin would have an advantage over Welker and Moss in this environment, but like you said Boldin is most likely a no-go

guru-t
    guru-t's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shit!If anything.The snow makes my play that much stronger.The Cards aint scoring shit and since they're just going to try to keep healthy for the playoffs,they are going to take it that much easier since it's easy for fluky injuries to occur on a slippery field.On the flip side,Moss will have a huge advantage cause it's much tougher to play 1on1 defense in the snow.The wide receiver already knows where he's going.The defensive backs for the Cards will be lost all day.I have $2,200 on this babeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!GL everybody!Please don't miss out on this one!!!!I'll take all the hate mail possible if this loses.BUT IT WON'T!!!!

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by MilfDriller View Post
    What are your thoughts on Faulk and Moss producing in this game?

Moss is on my opponent's team in the Championship... and I have Faulk as my RB if I decide to play him.
    I have Moss too for the championship tomorrow so I hope he goes off but I have never seen him have a great game in the snow

Faulk could have a great day tomorrow - I could see him taking a few dumpoffs for big gains and making people miss - He is a shifty kinda guy with good balance - could pay dividends in the snow

dr123
    dr123's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cant lay money on a 8 points spread in the snow... warner is unbelievable and could put this team on his back and win outright

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by guru-t View Post
    Shit!If anything.The snow makes my play that much stronger.The Cards aint scoring shit and since they're just going to try to keep healthy for the playoffs,they are going to take it that much easier since it's easy for fluky injuries to occur on a slippery field.On the flip side,Moss will have a huge advantage cause it's much tougher to play 1on1 defense in the snow.The wide receiver already knows where he's going.The defensive backs for the Cards will be lost all day.I have $2,200 on this babeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!GL everybody!Please don't miss out on this one!!!!I'll take all the hate mail possible if this loses.BUT IT WON'T!!!!
    GL - I have the Pats tied up in a couple parlays so I need this too! And I see your point - Im just saying I dont like it as much as I orginally did due to the x-factors.

MilfDriller

Holy Shit! Moss O/U on receptions is 5. wtf?

5 receptions? That's crazy.

O/U on Fitzy is 7 receptions. Odds also favor Fitzy to outyard Moss in this game.

guru-t

Quote Originally Posted by dr123 View Post
    I cant lay money on a 8 points spread in the snow... warner is unbelievable and could put this team on his back and win outright
    I would not be surprised at all to see Leinhart in there after the Pats get up by a couple of scores.I have $2,200 on this one dr123.Don't hate on me man.I need this one!!!!

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardfister View Post
    I actually think Fitz and Boldin would have an advantage over Welker and Moss in this environment, but like you said Boldin is most likely a no-go

the receivers don't play each other.

Fitzgerald and Boldin are rarely exposed to the snow, anyway.

I'd expect Welker to produce the most out of the 4.

Without Boldin, the Arizona offense takes a big hit, and with their nonexistent running game, I don't see them scoring much.

I'd say NE by 13 or so.

guru-t

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    the receivers don't play each other.

Fitzgerald and Boldin are rarely exposed to the snow, anyway.

I'd expect Welker to produce the most out of the 4.

Without Boldin, the Arizona offense takes a big hit, and with their nonexistent running game, I don't see them scoring much.

I'd say NE by 13 or so.
    Exactly!

dr123
    dr123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guru i will be cheering for you all game, i got warner in this game for fantasy championship and im going against a guy with arizona defense so im hoping for a first half shootout with a couple long touchdowns from each team for big points in fantasy! Lets get it man ill be pulling for ya, my strongest plays tommorow are pitt -2 and tb -3

MilfDriller

To me the question is, How bad is the snow?

I'm here in Seahawks territory and it's snowing the worst it has in years. Bus slid on a road and hung over an overpass, many streets are blocked off due to ice, public transportation is shutting down, most cars have chains on in the city... it's crazy. You can't see the ground in Seattle b/c it's all a white blanket of snow.

I sure hope this ****s up T.Jones for my fantasy championship tomorrow.

guru-t

Quote Originally Posted by dr123 View Post
    Guru i will be cheering for you all game, i got warner in this game for fantasy championship and im going against a guy with arizona defense so im hoping for a first half shootout with a couple long touchdowns from each team for big points in fantasy! Lets get it man ill be pulling for ya, my strongest plays tommorow are pitt -2 and tb -3
    The in-game thread will probably be the most entertaining for alot of people all year!!!!I'll be living and dying with every play.I hope the MODS will tolerate me.It's going to get ugly!!!!

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by guru-t View Post
    Exactly!
    I liked them better because Warner throws a more catchable ball, while Cassel throws more of a dart, plus you cant deny that Fitz has better hands than Moss and Welker?

yisman

Fitz has good hands but so does Welker, and Welker has played and practiced in this kind of weather in his two seasons in NE.

Moss does have very good hands, by the way. He does sometimes take plays (or even quarters) off and he's definitely not a cold weather receiver, but you can't knock his hands. He's not like TO.

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by MilfDriller View Post
    To me the question is, How bad is the snow?

I'm here in Seahawks territory and it's snowing the worst it has in years. Bus slid on a road and hung over an overpass, many streets are blocked off due to ice, public transportation is shutting down, most cars have chains on in the city... it's crazy. You can't see the ground in Seattle b/c it's all a white blanket of snow.

I sure hope this ****s up T.Jones for my fantasy championship tomorrow.
    I live in just west of Lee, Mass and we are projected to get 10-13 inches begining at 0700AM. Foxboro is to the east!!!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is weather weekend in the NFL. Fun!

I agree that the difference in attitudes (must-win versus nothing-to-play-for) is only going to be increased by extreme weather. The Pats will make the cold their ally. The desert boyz will curse it before even getting on the field.

I had already teased NE to -2.5 (with BAL +10.5), but may add some at the half. I would expect the Cavs to give a half-hearted effort, and protect their stars early. Leinart could see playing time again. He won't be too happy about clean-up duty with a frozen dick. Not what he signed up for...
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 12-21-08 at 05:19 AM.