MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

A Firing Alarm Should Ring ? Miami Dolphins Vs Cleveland Browns At Home

If the Dolphins are 0-4 entering the bye week,the clock should stop ticking on coach Tony Sparano.The firing alarm Should Ring???That means Sparano job might be line this Sunday against Cleveland... ITS MUST GAME TO WIN FOR THE FINS !!!!!...With that being said the Browns are favoured in this game as they're at home but I think the line on this game is in favor of the wrong team.Yes Miami is 0-2 and lost both games at home but they played against two of the favorites to win the AFC this season in New England and Houston and up until the 4th quarter they were right in both of those games.Obviously the Dolphins secondary is a concern but I think the Browns aerial attack is a bigger concern and with most of the playmakers in this game. dressing in white,teal,and orange I have to look for the Dolphins to at least get the cover in this one Despite sitting in dead last in the AFC East after 2 the Miami Dolphins have the personnel to change the direction, their season is heading with a bug confidence building road victory in Cleveland this weekend. Chad Henne has silenced his critics for the time being as the former Michigan Wolverines pivot has looked quite comfortable behind centre and has gone stride for stride with Tom Brady and Matt Schaub in Miami's two losses this season.If Henne can continue his strong play and develop some consistent chemistry with the likes of Brandon Marshall and Reggie Bush the Dolphins offense will only get better and be the catalyst that gets this team back into contention.However, the biggest surprise of the Dolphins season was the breakout performance on the ground from rookie running back Daniel Thomas who rushed for his first 100 yard game against the Texans and it appears as though Miami is building a respectable backfield to compliment their dangerous aerial attack. Miami does however need to limit the bleeding on defense as they have been shredded by opposing offenses in both of their losses and now have Peyton Hillis on tap who will be looking for another breakout game after rushing for 93 yards and 2 touchdowns in last week's win over the Colts..Look for a decent ground effort again from the Dolphins who will take advantage of a weak Browns secondary hen they get the chances with Brandon Marshall and I like Miami to win this outright+2 1/2 Or +3

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I don't ever buy the reasoning of this team will win because:

"Team A needs this more than Team B"

"Team A is going to come out really hungry and want it more than team B"

Since Miami is 0-2 they will play harder than the Browns and beat the Browns. Not buying it. Browns want it just as much as Miami.

Not saying Miami doesn't win, but I just don't buy that reasoning. Should be a close game, I actually like the Browns to cover in this game, but I don't feel strongly enough to bet on it.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Browns -3 is the play. Hillis goes for 120. Mccoy throws for 2 TDs browns 27 Miami 20.

parlayin
    parlayin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2037

Hey HTH, I have a lot of respect for your plays and am considering the Dolphins myself but I found this statement curious.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.HARRYtheHAT View Post
    Chad Henne has silenced his critics for the time being as the former Michigan Wolverines pivot has looked quite comfortable behind centre and has gone stride for stride with Tom Brady and Matt Schaub in Miami's two losses this season.

Chad Henne 12/30 40%, 170 yds, 1 Td, 1 Int

Matt Schaub 21/29 72% , 230 yds, 2 Td, 0 Int

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Reply Speedy88... Comments and constructive criticisms are always welcome on comments of my thread. however look at this game at different prospective Speedy 88.....

Maybe they weren´t bound for the Super Bowl,but at least some thought going into the season that the Dolphins would at least be respectable.
    It´s no wonder Henne has become a scapegoat for Miami´s struggles. He´s got talent on the outside in Marshall and a dynamic presence in the backfield in Bush. Getting both of them on track is vital for not only the Dolphins´quarterback,but Sparano´s future as well.
    Falling to 0-3 would write off that possibility.Call it a referendum on Sparano, but Miami´s players should be riled up on Sunday in a first-month must-win scenario.Unless they completely blow up, a first win of the season is a predictable result against a Cleveland team that´s still rebuilding.

gleamingthecube
    gleamingthecube's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Browns -3 is the play. Hillis goes for 120. Mccoy throws for 2 TDs browns 27 Miami 20.
    I am on Cleveland as well. THey are at home with the dawg pound and Miami has to fly across the country and play in very hostile territory. Plus Cleveland's secondary is ranked 2nd in the NFL and they are mean up front now that they switched their defensive ends around. I expect Sheard to sack Henne at least once. Also Cleveland's 2 big men up front (Taylor and Rubin) will flatten Reggie Bush if Daboll runs him up the middle like he has in the last 2 weeks. Cleveland's receivers aren't great but if Colt McCoy has a good game I think they can do well against Miami's porous secondary. And then there is Hillis. The man is an absolute machine. If the Browns spell him with Hardesty like Shurmur said he would then he will be too much for Miami to handle in the 4th quarter.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

they aren't exactly flying across the country.. it's Ohio not California haha. With the emergence of Daniel Thomas, the Dolphins can mix it up and get Brandon Marshall open for big gains in this game.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

they aren't exactly flying across the country.. it's Ohio not California haha. TOO TOO FUNNY

letitride87
    letitride87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dolphins 6-2 ATS on the road last season. This is the perfect spot for a win for miami. Cleveland covering as favorites 2 straight weeks? Highly doubtful. ML is prime here.

gleamingthecube

Miami is at the southern tip of the US. Cleveland is just across the lake from Canada. It's 1300 miles. It isn't like going to California but is IS on the other side of the country. Anyhow why shouldn't Cleveland cover as favorites at home? They did it on the road last week. The Browns are not as bad as everyone seems to think. This game will be close but I still see Cleveland coming out on top.

Mrecko21
    Mrecko21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im sorry but Chad Henne is terrible, he cant throw a rock in the ocean, i would love miami hear with a decent qb behind them but with Henne game is a toss up
    Last edited by Mrecko21; 09-24-11 at 09:20 PM.

freddues
    freddues's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Why bother with picking a side in this matchup? This game is a coin flip at best--no advantage here. The real play is the over at 41. It has better than a 73% chance of hitting according to the Easy Eddie O'Hare system.
    GL tomorrow.
    ME = over 41

MR.HARRYtheHAT

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING MY THREAD, MY RECORD AFTER THE 3 WEEKS OF NFL 4-0-1 INCLUDING MY COVER OF THE SPREAD OF +2 1/2 MIAMI,... LOOK FOR MY TREAD FOR WEEK #4 LATER NEXT WEEK

gleamingthecube

I <3 haters... Even without Hillis Cleveland pulled this out. *bow*

MR.HARRYtheHAT

BUT DID COVER 1/1/2 OR 2 OR 2 1/2 WITH THE BOOKS, I WILL TAKE THE CASH GLEAMINGTHECUBE

gleamingthecube

Game was pk before kickoff... I waited since Hillis was questionable for an illness. Turns out he had strep throat and wasn't even at the game. Patience can pay off. I honestly thought he would play but I'm glad I held off. I also teased this with Cleveland and SF at -3 and won that bet too. Cleveland was good to me today. But yes if you took the bet before this morning you won with the points on MIA. Congrats to all!