Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

MNF: Rams at Giants

So whats the play here. I feel like the line is a bit high at Giants -7, but I just don't feel comfortable betting on the Rams to cover 7 points when they are going on the road without their best player (Steven Jackson).

I'm thinking a small play on the Giants 1H at -4 may be a good play.

If not I may tease the Giants down to a pick em game, and tease the over.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

last year Rams played much better in the 1st half then collapsed down the stretch and did much the same week 1. i think they stay within the 7 but if you like gmen i wouldnt bet them 1st half. honestly think Sjax being out not a huge deal as the way to beat nyg right now is passing the ball against that patchwork secondary. both have holes, both need wins, coaches who know each other quite well, i just dont see this being anything but close throughout..

think teasing gmen and over is prob the best way to go about playing that side even tho im taking the 7....BOL

Speedy88

I'm going to have to hear the injury news tomorrow until i can lay money on this game. Curious whether Tuck and Osi play. I think Tuck is expected, but Osi is a long shot. Also curious about SJax. My guess is he sits.

BigDan

Sjax wants to play and from what i heard they gonna let him try and prove he can go before gm, honestly dont think him being out as big a deal as you would think and think they should sit him so he doesnt risk missing another 4 weeks, as i said stl be much better off opening up the offense against nyg secondary..id love to play over but even tho it makes total sense these teams both come out slinging it not sure i trust either coach to play it that way...end of day i dont care who plays or who doesnt i just cant believe this game isnt very competitive.

Speedy88

If Rams are smart, I think they sit him. The injury he has seems like the type of thing that will go away if he just takes a week off, but can turn into a much more serious injury if he forces it. Even if he plays, I doubt he would get more than half of the carries.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    If Rams are smart, I think they sit him. The injury he has seems like the type of thing that will go away if he just takes a week off, but can turn into a much more serious injury if he forces it. Even if he plays, I doubt he would get more than half of the carries.

oh i totallly agree, few years back he had same thing and came back following week, only to miss the next 4 gms. thing is they really trust him to know his body and are willing to give him the benifet of the doubt if he can make all the cuts. still think he sits but as i mentioned not sure it necessarily a bad thing in this game as it would serve rams well to open up the playbook and let Bradford sling it around in this one.

Speedy88

Yeah, even if he plays, I doubt he would get much work. Sounds like the type of injury that will completely go away with a week or two off. I think the STL coaching staff should be smart about it and sit him. It's not like this game will decide their season. Going 0-2 is almost like a death sentence, but not when your in the NFC West.

astrobloke
    astrobloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1642

I took a big punt on the Giants.... but I am not confident.

Last time I did this, they SHIT THE BEDPAN by half time and then the rest was an effing disaster.

Hopefully they can step up to the plate and act like real men this time, not pansies women limping off rearranging their tampons.

BigDan

all im saying is it would shock me for this to be decided by more than one score. everything adds up to a really close gm imho. of coarse it wouldnt be the 1st time i was wrong and certainly not the last.

Speedy88

yeahh....I think i'm going to tease it. I think the GMen definitely win, but I'm not sure if I should tease the over or the under? Any opinions on that?

NFL49ers
    NFL49ers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

^^ Tease the under

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    yeahh....I think i'm going to tease it. I think the GMen definitely win, but I'm not sure if I should tease the over or the under? Any opinions on that?

like i mentioned the way i see it is both teams would be well served to open up the passing games but with these coaches it hard to count on that, still if you tease down to 37 you will be fine as it will go over that. think the total pretty tight as it seems like 20-20 next score wins type gm imo. so i guess theoretically you could tease it either way but the way the nfl is id feel safer teasing for over rather than under and watching a shootout break out (not real likely but it the new nfl) . told everyone they had rams/phi total pegged last week as i had it at 44 before i saw line and that damn sure where they put it. same here think they about spot on with this number just think if they off it wont be on the low end.

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Over 44

Im on it 5.5x to win 5x

BOL to you guys

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

I really hope NYG can win this one! REALLY HOPE SO!