chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Harvard Leans: Niners hosting Cowgirls, poised for 2-0 start

In 2010, after losing ALEX SMITH to a shoulder injury Mike Singletary stood at a press conference at 1-6 and said, "I still believe we can make the playoffs".

Well, here we are less than a year later and guess what- I believe the 49ers can make the playoffs.

Just kidding.

But as the 49ers host the cowgirls in week 2, you have to ask yourself... how impressed were you with the DAL victory ATS in New York?

Were you more surprised with DAL, or how bad the JETS were?

How impressed were you with the DAL run game of 64 yards?

While Alex Smith (15/20, 1 rushing TD, 0 INT, 0 TD) is certainly is not an all-star Quarterback,

He has shown one thing-- He is not HOMO.

and I don't mean homosexual.

I mean, Tony Homo.

Mr. Homo proved he had not much field rust, coming off a long lay off and delivering strikes through most of the game. The JETS seemed helpless. Until, the Homo effect.

Even after throwing 326 yds the lack luster Tony Homo was able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Joe Pub is all over the cowgirls. By all over, I mean 75%. That's not necessarily a bad thing, as we learned all week long, especially with LSU. Maybe the public is right?

If you're looking at this game, you have to consider the niners have all the momentum.

Another home game, another opponent QB that can't perform under pressure.

49ers coming off a successful win against a well coached SEAHAWKS team, although they seemed helpless most of the game (kind of like the JETS!).

The JETS had their top run game against DALLAS... LaDainian Tomlinson (16 yds), Shonn Greene (26 yds).

Just f_uckin kidding.

I'm looking for DAL to get a taste of something the JETS don't have, FRANK GORE!

While GORE rushed for nearly entirely the amount of rush yards the cowgirls got as a team v the jets (59), I expect an even bigger game from him. If not, look for the underrated Braylon Edwards to snag some serious gains. The 6'1 college superstar CRABTREE had a fractured foot in June and only saw limited action last sunday. He is questionable to play.

SAN FRAN +135

Trends:

49ers are 9-4-2 ATS in their last 15 games as an underdog.
    49ers are 1-9-1 ATS in their last 11 games following a ATS win
    Cowboys are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games as a favorite
    Over is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings.
    Home team is 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 meetings.
    Underdog is 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings.

----

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Davis will cause trouble as the secondary of the Cowboys is weak and Smith will throw the ball to Vernon a lot. Hope the San Fran D will show up. Good luck!

chrisharvard01

I agree, I think SMITH will be able to actually complete passes against DALLAS.

Something that the worst QB in the NFL (Sanchez, 54.8% passes completed last year) seemed unable to do.

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Sounds like you have something against Romo, and it's clouding your betting judgement.

If Dallas plays the way that it did against the Jets, who have a much better Def than SF, Dallas will be up by 20 in the fourth quarter and a late choke by Romo won't matter.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Quote Originally Posted by TheCommish View Post
    Sounds like you have something against Romo, and it's clouding your betting judgement.

If Dallas plays the way that it did against the Jets, who have a much better Def than SF, Dallas will be up by 20 in the fourth quarter and a late choke by Romo won't matter.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Question is, why Dallas is just a -3 fav after they played the Jets so well?

chrisharvard01

Sounds like you have something against Romo, and it's clouding your betting judgement. If Dallas plays the way that it did against the Jets, who have a much better Def than SF, Dallas will be up by 20 in the fourth quarter and a late choke by Romo won't matter.
    I don't have anything necessarily against him, but to say he's overrated and can't deliver, that may cause me to hold a grudge when it comes to my money...

I'm not against backing him in certain situations. I even backed him in live betting before he threw that pick last week. But the JETS looked like Gardner Webb in the 1H, that's why I made that play.

That being said, I just watched a segment on NFL network, Michael Irving said ROMO is one the best QB's in the game and is better than Tom Brady...

I really don't believe ROMO is one of the best QBs in the NFL.

I think he has had good numbers in the past. I think he underachieves. But if I had to answer, is Homo one of the best quarterbacks in the game? No way. Mediocre. Just look at his resume, what he has led his team to.

What is Alex Smith? Eh, mediocre.

This isn't a slam the book f_ucking blowout. But I think the niners are underrated and there is droves of people that think ROMO can lead or even carry a team on his back and he is NOT that guy!

Give me the crumbs for a team that's capable of winning, at home.

SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Harvard, I think you make a lot of good points about today's game. I'm a huge niners fan, and speaking from watching them sunday after sunday, I don't know what to think of this game. My judgement of where the niners stand tells me to put a huge amount on Dallas -3. But like the poster above stated, why such a low line? I have this at around -6 Dallas, and yet I'm getting -3?

I don't see how the niners win this game. Alex Smith has proven one thing in 6 years; he can't find the open receiver. I believe V. Davis should be able to shred the Cowboys secondary and Gore will find some holes, but I've seen enough of Alex Smith to know that he cannot deliver the goods. We looked abysmal against the Seahawks and if weren't for two returns for TDs by Ginn, the score was within 3 late in the fourth quarter. And let's be honest, our d looked good BUT against the seahawks.

I would love for my niners to win and in the process make you a nice payday, but this game is just weird to me. My brain says pound the cowboys, but the heart sees the line and sees something fishy.

As of right now, I'm laying off this game.

Great write-on the game

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Question is, why Dallas is just a -3 fav after they played the Jets so well?
    the line is right on. the game is coming down to a fg.

chrisharvard01

Quote Originally Posted by SportGTI View Post
    Harvard, I think you make a lot of good points about today's game. I'm a huge niners fan, and speaking from watching them sunday after sunday, I don't know what to think of this game. My judgement of where the niners stand tells me to put a huge amount on Dallas -3. But like the poster above stated, why such a low line? I have this at around -6 Dallas, and yet I'm getting -3? I don't see how the niners win this game. Alex Smith has proven one thing in 6 years; he can't find the open receiver. I believe V. Davis should be able to shred the Cowboys secondary and Gore will find some holes, but I've seen enough of Alex Smith to know that he cannot deliver the goods. We looked abysmal against the Seahawks and if weren't for two returns for TDs by Ginn, the score was within 3 late in the fourth quarter. And let's be honest, our d looked good BUT against the seahawks. I would love for my niners to win and in the process make you a nice payday, but this game is just weird to me. My brain says pound the cowboys, but the heart sees the line and sees something fishy. As of right now, I'm laying off this game. Great write-on the game

SMITH making you eat your words! Guys out there making something out nothing, throwing strikes!

Lot of game left, but 2nd straight 3 and out for the cowgirls, SMITH looking good and GORE pounding these f_ucks. LETS GET IT

Nats' Fan
    Nats' Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Chris: do you go to Old Dominion?

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Fuckin cowgirls

chrisharvard01

AKERS breaking a stadium record with a 55 yd kick

man SKINS should have never let that guy go, he's a beast!

klrqn
    klrqn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

now let's see if these niners can hold on...

chrisharvard01

This is insane. 49ers really collapsed to allow this

chrisharvard01