Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Machine Report: New Orleans at Green Bay

Machine Plays: 3-2

I'm not going to write all the reasons why Green Bay is a smart play, cause it would be too long. I'll just mention a couple. They had the #2 scoring defense last year against the 7th hardest schedule in the NFL. Some people don't think that schedule strength matters in the NFL, and if you are one of those people, then there's no reason for you to open my threads the rest of the year becasue I think schedule strength is critical.

Against the top 10 teams in the NFL last year Green Bay went 8-3 SU. New Orleans went 2-2 SU. Go ahead and think about that for a second, and then tell me if Green Bay will be intimidated tonight. Aaron Rodgers' QB rating at home was insane: 7-1 with a 112 rating, 19 TDs and 6 picks.

New Orleans will be without their 2nd leading receiver, without leading DE (Will Smith), and without DT Aubrayo Franklin.

Defending superbowl champs have gone 7-0 SU in the first week of the season over the last 7 years. Green Bay has covered 20 of their last 29, and covered 4 points (tonight's number) against each of their last 7 opponents (all playoff teams!). Their roster returns even better than last year (LY had 16 players on I-R roster).

Go ahead and hang a square around my neck, and by the end of the night there will be money dangling from it. New Orleans may be "hungrier" than Green Bay and Ingram could be a stud this year. But I don't bank on what "might be". I bank on results. Green Bay delivers results. Last year New Orleans was 18th in the league in sacks, and now they are without Will Smith. Aaron Rodgers will have time to find open receivers. Ballgame.

GREEN BAY -4
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: linewiz

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Let's cash machine$$$$$ u doing anything in college?

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by khaden View Post
    Let's cash machine$$$$$ u doing anything in college?
    I rough-glanced 'Zona and OSU but didn't have time to fully cap it and won't have time to. OSU looks like a good play, they return 9 offensive starters and 'Zona's top receiver (Criner) is out of the game. OSU's defense did not give up those TD's last week until "garbage time"; I think they'll be okay vs Zona. And obviously Weeden is going to go ape-shit bonkers at home vs a team that he just beat by 3 TDs less than 8 months ago on a neutral field. I'd be comfortable taking OSU at -14 or anything less, but again...I haven't capped the game in detail

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Machine one big thing you have to realize! All those numbers are LAST YEARS numbers.

The Saints in 2009 that won the superbowl was different from the Saints in 2010.

GB 2009 was different from 2010.

That mean teams change every year, team stats never stay consistent each year. That's the point of the offseason to improve!

celtics12
    celtics12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

any opinion at all on the 1Q? my best plays are usually my 1Q/1H plays, but im torn on this one..either going to be a scoring bonanza tonight or a real slow start since 1st game of the year and all..

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Machine one big thing you have to realize! All those numbers are LAST YEARS numbers.

The Saints in 2009 that won the superbowl was different from the Saints in 2010.

That mean teams change every year, team stats never stay consistent each year. That's the point of the offseason to improve!
    Well the NFL is not like college where you have major player turnovers. In this game, The coaching staffs, skill players (with exception of Ingram) and lines are mainly the same from last year.

Let's see what happens.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

It will be a close game I believe. But also Machine look at the small factors

Sproles in a saints offense
    Big ass Sean Rodgers at nose tackle

I think GB wins a close game but I think Saints +5 is good value if I can get it

Machine Choice

It will be a close game I believe. But also Machine look at the small factors

Sproles in a saints offense
    Big ass Sean Rodgers at nose tackle

I think GB wins a close game but I think Saints +5 is good value if I can get it
    The Saints are dome-spolied. Lambeau effect will be in full force.

figue
    Update your status
    figue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2638

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

I'm on the under.

GREGREEK
    GREGREEK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Saints -4.5. I may not spend much time im here but I tell you what... you will see Sproles and ingram flying out of the back field tonight. Saints by 10. CHA CHING!

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

Very worried about the packs offensive line... But I'm a homer

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by GREGREEK View Post
    Saints -4.5. I may not spend much time im here but I tell you what... you will see Sproles and ingram flying out of the back field tonight. Saints by 10. CHA CHING!
    Wow I admire your confidence.Saints on the road over GB by 10 /GB has the better offence & defence & home field adv. GB-4 for me

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Agreed on the choice. Quality write-up Machine. By all accounts I've come across GB is actually slightly improved from last year...NO is definitely no pushover but it is what it is. Cheers

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4771

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    The Saints are dome-spolied. Lambeau effect will be in full force.
    If there is ever a time you want to visit Lambeau, it is this early. No harsh weather conditions. But I understand what your getting at.

You always on chalk?

Good luck M.C.

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    If there is ever a time you want to visit Lambeau, it is this early. No harsh weather conditions. But I understand what your getting at.

You always on chalk?

Good luck M.C.
    No, I took Miami Canes +4 a few days ago. I back favorites when the data tells me to do so.

kufan11
    kufan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Saints have def improved, they have healthy backs this year. Should be a good game but GB better not be sleeping b/c saints looked good in their last preseason game.

BetGrinder
    BetGrinder's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL!

everybody with the packers tonight.....

dontazeme1
    dontazeme1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Machine Choice you seem to be very on top of your capping game....definitely going to be following this thread all season long

GREGREEK

Just remember how they left the field last year when they got bitch slapped in Seattle. Do you think they forgot? Just watch. Put your calculators and your graphs in the closet. Brees drank his nyquil last night and slept like a baby. Pay attention THEY HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN!

edgereport
    edgereport's Avatar Become A Pro!

I joined this forum because of you. Your breakdowns are incredibly well thought out and easy to follow as far as reasoning. Keep it up sir. On the Packers tonight, with a small wager on OSU because I was leaning that way anyway!

ER

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

As recently as yesterday, you were arguing that LSU had proven themselves superior to Florida and Alabama because they had beaten them last year... Zero credibility.

BookieRobber
    BookieRobber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

great call machine..

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Nice way to head into the weekend- $$$

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Ching-quality Machine.

Machine Choice

Machine Plays: 4-2

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4771

Nice hit M.C.

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by edgereport View Post

On the Packers tonight, with a small wager on OSU because I was leaning that way anyway!

ER

Nice hit on the OSU game. I wish I had played it.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Hey Machine. Last night Angels pull through. Now Packs hold on. Think the gambling Gods on your side again.

GREGREEK

Well I spoke to soon! On to the next one. I must admit though. The Saints will win the next game straight up!

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617