good luck!

Robust

Totolover1409
    Totolover1409's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2690

Thanks robust.

dolce05
    dolce05's Avatar Become A Pro!

NE seems to cover when they win (last week was not the case), i dont think J. Russell has a chance against billy b's team.

I'm gonna jump on it before it goes to 7.5

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Quote Originally Posted by Totolover1409 View Post
    Any objections?
    How could anyone object to betting against the Raiders?

Totolover1409

Good point rio.

BadBeatBodog
    BadBeatBodog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Uh yeah how about NE is very overrated and at worst Oakland is a little worse than Seattle. Love getting seven points here.

unit1884
    unit1884's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im scared with taking the Pats -7 here. The defense is really banged up and I think the Raiders will be able to establish a decent ground attack against the Pats.

The plus side is that the Raiders are prone to screwing themselves so thats always a plus

BadBeatBodog

Oakland and New England are both terrible in pass protection. But while NE's pass rush has been ineffective all year, Oakland's has been the exact opposite; on the limited number of pass plays against them (teams usually opt to [smartly] run versus Oakland), the Raiders have been excellent at getting to the quarterback. And Oakland is one of very few teams that can leave a cornerback alone versus Moss and worry about Welker et al. The Patriots will probably have success running the ball but if they win it should be in close fashion.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way

Quote Originally Posted by BadBeatBodog View Post
    Uh yeah how about NE is very overrated and at worst Oakland is a little worse than Seattle. Love getting seven points here.
    Good luck with the 7, I wouldn't feel comfortable with 17! Oakland has a lineman at QB and an offense that looks like a squad from 1940, they will be lucky to score 6 points, even against a old, brokedown N.E. defense! N.E. will win this one big!

unit1884

Rio, its possible but I just cant see the Pats blowing out a good Raiders D on the second of back to back road games, I would just take Pats ML for a sure thing...

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

raiders will get raped
    new eng by 30

STEELCURTAIN3288
    STEELCURTAIN3288's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also 1 more thing to remember is New England stayed out on the West Coast since they played Seattle last week and will not have to travel.

unit1884

True, but they still have to eat out, stay in a hotel, etc. Its not the same as a home game.

Totolover1409

The fact that the Patriots have been in the west coast since the Seattle game makes me feel even stronger about my play. I understand Raiders D isn't as bad as people think but they have absolutely no offense. Jamarcus Russell cannot throw a decent ball even if his life depended on it.

no doubt NE -7

BadBeatBodog

Quote Originally Posted by Rio DiNero View Post
    Good luck with the 7, I wouldn't feel comfortable with 17! Oakland has a lineman at QB and an offense that looks like a squad from 1940, they will be lucky to score 6 points, even against a old, brokedown N.E. defense! N.E. will win this one big!
    Care to offer actual analysis of the matchup rather than just 'omg NE is great Oakland sucks how could NE not blow them out?'

I'm guessing you loved NE last week, too.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

its a trap.. take the raiders and pts.

danrman
    danrman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

there are much better games to bet on... all the money will be on ne and thats never a good thing... also as stated above ne's defense is falling apart.. having said that ne's schemes should beat oak... oak's coaching staff is just not smart enough to win this game

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way

Care to offer actual analysis of the matchup rather than just 'omg NE is great Oakland sucks how could NE not blow them out?'

I'm guessing you loved NE last week, too.
    I could go on and on with analysis, I watch football, I understand the game, I have watched the Raiders play several times this year. Oakland has the worst offense I have ever seen since I can remember. In watching film, they dont even have run blocking schemes, they line up and block straight ahead, I have seen more diverse offense's in pee-wee football! I'll give you one thing, since they got rid of that cancer Deangelo Hall, the defense has been playing pretty solid, but when the offense can't get a first down they will tire. Also, you are right Oakland plays a lot fo man to man defenese, and I'll take Moss and Welker man to man against any Oakland defender everytime. You must be an Oakland fan(poor you). I did something three years ago that has saved me a ton of money, and I suggest it to all of you, I wrote myself a note,it sits by my computer still today, and it says DON'T BET OAKLAND!

Silverbullet
    Silverbullet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would tease the Pats and the over to be safe

unit1884

Over is not safe, Tease the UNDER...

If the Pats can establish a ground game they will run all day long and take 5-10 yard dump passes to Welker all day, that eats up a lot of clock. Also, this game figures to be one-sided thus at least 10 minutes+ of 4th quarter clock milking by the Pats.

BadBeatBodog

Quote Originally Posted by Rio DiNero View Post
    I could go on and on with analysis, I watch football, I understand the game, I have watched the Raiders play several times this year. Oakland has the worst offense I have ever seen since I can remember. In watching film, they dont even have run blocking schemes, they line up and block straight ahead, I have seen more diverse offense's in pee-wee football! I'll give you one thing, since they got rid of that cancer Deangelo Hall, the defense has been playing pretty solid, but when the offense can't get a first down they will tire. Also, you are right Oakland plays a lot fo man to man defenese, and I'll take Moss and Welker man to man against any Oakland defender everytime. You must be an Oakland fan(poor you). I did something three years ago that has saved me a ton of money, and I suggest it to all of you, I wrote myself a note,it sits by my computer still today, and it says DON'T BET OAKLAND!
    Lets see some real analysis if you could offer some so easily. I put out a little blurb on the game as to why Oakland is a good play and I've yet to see anyone attempt to reply to it.

As for Oakland's offense, they are only arguably the worst offense this year, so there is no way they are even close to being the worst in the last couple of years. Heck, just last year SF's offense was worse. So a little too much exaggeration on your part. I think Oakland will try to get Russell moving around to challenge NE's LBers, like Wallace did last week.

Something I think a lot of people are overlooking is Oakland's special teams advantage. Thanks to great kickoffs, punting, and punt returning Oakland has a good shot at controlling the field position battle.

I'm not an Oakland fan but that is irrelevant to this conversation. And I'm glad you never bet on Oakland, blanket rules like that are so smart.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way

Lets see some real analysis if you could offer some so easily. I put out a little blurb on the game as to why Oakland is a good play and I've yet to see anyone attempt to reply to it.

As for Oakland's offense, they are only arguably the worst offense this year, so there is no way they are even close to being the worst in the last couple of years. Heck, just last year SF's offense was worse. So a little too much exaggeration on your part. I think Oakland will try to get Russell moving around to challenge NE's LBers, like Wallace did last week.

Something I think a lot of people are overlooking is Oakland's special teams advantage. Thanks to great kickoffs, punting, and punt returning Oakland has a good shot at controlling the field position battle.

I'm not an Oakland fan but that is irrelevant to this conversation. And I'm glad you never bet on Oakland, blanket rules like that are so smart.
    DuhMarcus Russel Cable Guy Oakland

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

After last week's NE win but no cover, I feel better playing the NE ML, rather than laying the 7. That's just my hunch so far.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way

Oakland and New England are both terrible in pass protection. But while NE's pass rush has been ineffective all year, Oakland's has been the exact opposite; on the limited number of pass plays against them (teams usually opt to [smartly] run versus Oakland), the Raiders have been excellent at getting to the quarterback. And Oakland is one of very few teams that can leave a cornerback alone versus Moss and worry about Welker et al. The Patriots will probably have success running the ball but if they win it should be in close fashion.
    So you like Oakland because reason #1=Raiders pass rush #2=You think Oakland macthes up good man to man. WRONG.The reason teams run so much on Oak is because they can, not because they are scared of their pass rush, they give up 4.5 yds per carry, and have let up over 200 yards rushing in three games this year.As for your second reason, you must be truely dillusional if you think Oak matches up good man to man with Moss and Welker, Oak has only one solid corner on the team. How about this matchup= Cable Guy vs. The Brain (I'm sure you think you have the advantage there)

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way

Sorry, a little off the topic, but who are the three gay guys in your avatar

BadBeatBodog

Rio you're a joke I've been on enough message boards to know not to waste any more time with this 'argument.'

Nellyinctown
    Nellyinctown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

You have to assume Cassel is still going to play. The Patriots might win this game by 6 TDs with that news.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way

Rio you're a joke I've been on enough message boards to know not to waste any more time with this 'argument.'
    You offer no argument and your analysis sucks.I guess we will see sunday chump!
    Last edited by Rio DiNero; 12-11-08 at 12:47 PM.

bostonsbetter
    bostonsbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!

has anyone tuned into espn lately?

Cassel might not even play. His dad passed away on monday and he doesnt know if he's playing yet and hasnt practiced with the team all weak. This could work 2 ways...

Cassel plays for his dad and makes the raiders look like christopher reives on stilts or he doesnt play and they play O'connel which has never played a regular season game and only threw 4 passes all pre-season.

Either way make sure Cassel is in before you bank on the pats other than that I think its a blow out

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Like i said before raiders will win. New england sucks.. Raiders suck too, but raiders will win this game.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way

Oakland looks good so far! Looks like the joke is on YOU!

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

you may be in trouble cause I took NE and I cant get a winner this week !!!!!!!

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    you may be in trouble cause I took NE and I cant get a winner this week !!!!!!!
    I wouldn't worry, they have DuhMarcus!

12 Last