Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

If all you guys think the Rams are going to beat the Eagles in Week 1 .... then I guess the Falcons are a lock to beat the Eagles in week 2.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    If all you guys think the Rams are going to beat the Eagles in Week 1 .... then I guess the Falcons are a lock to beat the Eagles in week 2.
    I think the rams may cover the spread. But I doubt they win. As for week 2 never bet the nfl on a week to week basis. Each week is a sole entity in a league where any team can win on any given sunday.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    I love the eagles -4.5. With their improved defense and high powered offense, I would like to think they kick the Ram's ass. Kind of surprised its not -7. But it has moved up from -3 in the last few weeks, so who knows where it will end.
    good luck with this play, but that kind of thinking, is "what they WANT you to think",

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    good luck with this play, but that kind of thinking, is "what they WANT you to think",
    That is square kind of thinking. But squares usually win early on in the season.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I think the rams may cover the spread. But I doubt they win. As for week 2 never bet the nfl on a week to week basis. Each week is a sole entity in a league where any team can win on any given sunday.
    i would have said it different with some add-lib sarcasm, but this is what everyone needs to understand

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

of the plays I'm making (Bears, Pats, Rams, Cards),
    I'm starting to believe the Cards is the best play with least risk.
    Cards are well coached, Kolb is ready to lead that team
    to a home opener blowout.

Think about this.. Neither Cam Newton nor Ron Rivera
    have ever played/head coached an NFL game.

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice to see you back for season LakerBoy !!!! I also like the Steelers by 3 Best Of Luck On Your Picks This Year??

Ice House

Top plays

Patriots ML
    Eagles ML
    Pitt/Balt. UNDER 35
    Giants -3

Ice House

also like

Saints +4

Texans -3

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    bears ml +130 falcons not too great on the road
    I like this play

You should be able to get better by kickoff. If it doesn't increase, then I like the Bears all the more.

balman
    balman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1451

i'm going to go with cards -7, Bal -3 and Vikes +9

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

I like the Viqueens +9

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears always seem to get good home field luck/fortune.

ForTheMoment
    ForTheMoment's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

New England Patriots -7 (10 UNITS- most I've ever put on a game) - The Game Changer is PATRIOTS DEFENSIVE LINE. The key isn't Ellis, Haynesworth, Wilfork, Carter - The key will be Cunningham, Warren, Wright, Anderson, Love all are whom are having an outstanding camp and could be starters elsewhere. Belichick is using this depth on a constant rotation, giving guys the opportunity to go bangbusters on Henne every single down. I'm telling you guys WATCH Out for this defense. Henne is in for an absolute beating against the most relentless front 4 I've seen in the past decade and he hasn't shown any capabilities of making accurate decisions in pressure situations. Not even 5 Jake Long's would stop this.

*Anyone to bet against the Patriots on MNF is a bonehead. The line is bound to jump another 3 points, pounce now but even if it jumps to -10(which it will) it's still good.

Detroit Lions +3 (5 Units) - They will win this football game if you want to ML it go for it.

Atlanta Falcons -3 (2 Units)

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

I like buffalo +6.5. Chiefs arent better than last year due to their horrible line and bills are improving. Last years game they played 4 quarters an then 1 full OT with the chiefs beating bills by 3

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    Love Atlanta and the over in week 2

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Saints went into the offseason with a major goal of establishing the run/pass balance that made them so successful in 2009.I expect Payton to call close to 50% runs tomorrow.In essence,I believe the Saints are still trying to find themselves after shortened offseason while the Packers alreadly know who they are as they’re not much different from last season’s title-winning team...Play the Packers to record the narrow home win and ATS cover while the Under 47 1/2. plays out as well.~PACK BY 6~

NFL Bartender
    NFL Bartender's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like where Harry the Hat is going....

Here's a little history for the Thursday Night Kickoff game:

MIN @ NO 9 - 14
    TEN @ PIT 10 - 13 OT
    WAS @ NYG 7 - 16
    NO @ IND 10 - 41
    MIA @ PIT 17 - 28
    OAK @ NE 20 - 30
    IND @ NE 24 - 27
    ^^ starting in 2004 all previous Super Bowl winners began hosting.
    NYJ @ WAS 13 - 16
    SF @ NYG 16 - 13

It all adds up to the Home Team = 8-1 SU. I don't have the ATS record atm, sorry.
    ________________________________________ ___________________

The Saints' secondary was largely on the mend this off-season, and they have a lot to prove they are back to limiting less than 1 passing TD a game. We all saw what happened to the depleted New Orleans defense in Seattle last postseason. Also pass rusher Will Smith is out the first two weeks with a suspension and the Saints let DE Alex Brown walk in free agency, leaving Turk McBride and backup Jeff Charleston to hold down the edges of the defensive line against sack prone Aaron Rodgers.

Now Rodgers may be prone to taking sacks, but Drew Brees proved he was more prone to throwing INTs last season as the Saints were unraveling. Unfortunately the Saints have declared WR Lance Moore out for Sunday. Darren Sproles will try to do his best Reggie Bush impression after an ugly preseason, and the capable Jimmy Graham steps in @ TE as Brees' security blanket. While the Packers did part ways with Cullen Jenkins, they still have the one man wrecking crew that is Clay Matthews for Brees to contend with. Woodson is back from a broken collarbone to re-solidify a top pass defense and TE Finley is also back from his season ending knee injury to give the Saints' defense a matchup nightmare. Both teams have retooled their offensive lines a bit and are sporting some youth at one or two positions.

I think Harry the Hat is right. There's a perception these two teams will shoot it out, but a smart coach knows the best defense is sometimes a good clock controlling offense and Sean Payton has shown in the past he can pound the ball when he has to -- and when he finally has a group of healthy running backs! Mark Ingram and a fresh Pierre Thomas appear ready to try and grind it out, even though I expect their success will likely be limited against the Pack. Green Bay allowed just 6 TDs to rushers last season while New Orleans gave up double that number. Imo, the edge on the ground goes to Green Bay for their goal line defense.

Other things to note on special teams; the Saints have once again lost kicker Hartley and have brought in aging John Kasay to attempt potential game winning field goals. The Packers will use rookie Randall Cobb on kick returns while Darren Sproles gets a shot to impress Saints fans like he did in San Diego.

Ideally I would love to find a shop with GB laying 4 with a total of 48. Green Bay's recent losses have typically been by 3 points or less except the 4 the Lions won by when Rodgers was knocked out of the game late last year. That trend helped me take the easy 3 to cash the Pack in the playoffs in Atlanta so I'd like to ride it here as well. The Under also has a little streak going in the Thursday NFL opener over the last three seasons. I think that trend could continue if these coaches try to keep the other team's QB off the field running the ball in the first half, coupled with any lingering effects of a lost summer produced by the lockout.

________________________________________ __________________

I like the 7pt teaser on GB to +3 and push the total to 55 (31-24) to bet the UNDER with the Pack for Thurs. night.

Jedi Mind Picks
    Jedi Mind Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

K.C. is a terrible play, they are trash, might not even get a win

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didn't manage to take it. guts scared me

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Mind Picks View Post
    K.C. is a terrible play, they are trash, might not even get a win
    I think Matt Cassel is injured and not playing against the Bills.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I think safest players are:

Giants -3

Cards -7

49ers -5

Eagles -4.5

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Minny should be on everyones card. The Chargers are notorious for starting slow under Nerf Turner. The Chargers cant stop the run either. Look for Minny to try and keep that high powered Chargers offense off the field with a heavy dose of AP.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Adrian Peterson could wreak havoc on the Chargers run defense. Like how Raider's Darren McFadden wreak havoc on them last season.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't believe I'm seeing so many people feeling confident in basing plays on preseason results. That's a dangerous strategy to say the least.

CAR @ ARI: This game opened at ARI -3 and has been bet to -7 most places and even -8 at some. If you're laying -7/-8 on a game you could have had -3 on, you're getting a bad number. Long term losing strategy, regardless of who's playing. Add to that, Arizona is a 6-7 win team. You're playing a bad number on a bad team...

IND @ HOU: Same deal. The value is on IND, not in taking the Texans at -9 on the assumption that the Colts without Peyton can't win.

PIT & DET: You should tread lightly with public road dogs (74% & 73% of action right now on them) in any sport. Both of these teams are getting a lot of love, but face opponents that are very capable of giving them trouble.

NE: This is not a guaranteed win. Anything can happen in the NFL, especially in Week 1.

I've played CAR +7, TB ML, PHI -4 and might add 1-2 more. All small plays.

keel44
    Update your status
    keel44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12276

Under tenn/jax

First 123