SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

The S.P.'s ... Complete NFL Power Rankings.

First off, before you read this, please note that 99% arent going to agree with it. Thats fine. feel free to right up your own Power Rankings and i assure you 99% will not agree with them aswell. I feel to be successful in gambling you need to try and discover the sleepers before the public does and avoid the let downs before the public does. I made this list based off of how many wins i can see each team getting. Just because a team has a higher ranking then another doesnt mean that that are better ... they may just have an easier schedule. I really think New England will be the best team this year, but the Packers are talented and have a very easy schedule. Feel free to criticize, i dont think anything is a guarantee, but this is my mind frame going forward. I will probably make a new ranking after week 4.

1. Green Bay Packers The superbowl champs ... pivotal year .. do they fall back into the pool of good teams .. or do they rise up to a dynasty ... i think the most telling stat last year was that they won game on offense and defense ... their biggest loss was by 4 points... They gave up an average of 15 points last season .. combine that with Arron Rodgers play making no reason to think this team wont only get better with the confidence of being the defending champs. They dont have the hardest scheadule iv ever seen either .. 14 wins

2. New England Patriots Still one of the NFLs Best teams. They didnt re-design their team, instead, they got free agents who can contribute to their already solid areas. I expect big things from the Ocho, not only will he come up big, but he will free up other receivers and help their running game. I see 10 games were they will big huge Favs, and ill give them a split on their 6 more difficult matchups ... 13 wins

3. Atlanta Falcons I really like the Falcons to take the next step into contender hood this year. Matt Ryan is always getting better, Juilo Jones will help free up Roddy white and maybe even make more room for Tony Gonzales shallow. Micheal Turner is going to give you solid yardage every game and they have one of the most underrated defenses in the NFL. With only 3 or 4 tough games on their schedule, i see them with 12 wins

4. Baltimore Ravens The Ravens still have one of the best defenses thru out the past 10 years. Last year they surrendered 16.9 ppg. Joe Flacco is starting to find his niche and the addition of Lee Evans could really motivate these guys to aim for something special. Each year it seems a team gets hot at the right time .. With a final half of the season that includes games against Seahawks, Bengals x2, 49ers and Browns x2 , this team could have alot of momentum going into the playoffs. 12 wins

5. Dallas Cowboys I see a better regular season for the cowboys. They cut the fat, they have promising young recievers, a new defensive scheme. after week 1 vs the Jets, the have some good stretches of San Fran-Was-Det and then towards the end Sea - Buf - Was - Mia -Az - NYG - TB i could see 12 wins, but ill give room for a slip up vs an up and comming team like DET or TB 11 Wins

6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers I believe we will see alot of Blount pounding the ball to set up Freeman to Williams and Winslow. They had a great season last year and fell just short of the playoffs, i think this year they edge out the Saints. 11 wins

7. Pittsburgh Steelers Mike Wallace is a deep threat, Hines Ward is reliable, mendenhal is Solid and Big ben can orchestrate. The defense is stingy, they have everything you want in a team. That being said ...i dont see them winning it this year. I think they will struggle offensively against solid defensive teams. Defense is a popular subject in the AFC, so they may have a tough time come playoff time. They have a really weak schedule down the stretch, im going to give them 10 wins

8. New York Jets The Jets do everything that you want them to do. The play great defense and run the ball effectively. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain the rushing game. Burress is a big gamble at receiver. He will be interesting to watch. 10 wins

9. New York Giants The Giants are a good team who are hidden behind the publicity of Dallas and the free agents of the Eagles, but they did win 10 games last year. Usi should be back early, unless he drags out his rehab because he doesnt want to be there. They have young receivers who are coming along. The defense is solid, they will make things in the NFC east very interesting. i see another 10 win season. 10 Wins

10. New Orleans Saints Lets hope that one of their RBs catches on and gets this running game going. I think t
    hey will collectively take a step back as a team as their division continues to get tougher. 9-10 wins

11. Oakland Raiders Here is a potential sleeper. Jason Campbell is a decent QB when not asked to do do much. They have a great running game and if Ford and Heyward-Bey can step it up ... they could have a pretty good offense on their hands with a good defense to go with it. Potential sleeper value here. 9-10 wins

12. Indianapolis Colts Last year the Colts showed signs of the wheels falling off ... with Manning still hurt from neck surgery, this could be a bad year for the Colts. As of right now, im going to judge them as if he will be back by week 2. A tough late scheadule will be very hard without Manning. 9 wins

13. San Diego Chargers Perhaps one of the best teams on paper, but they may struggle early with a slew of mediocre opponents. They will get an unhappy vincent jackson back, but he wont be that much of a boost since they didnt really miss a beat in the passing game last year. 9 wins

14. St Louis Rams Shhh dont tell anybody, but these kids are gonna be a sleeper. Bradford is coming along, Avery is becoming a decent receiver, jackson is still a beast and their defense held up quite nicely last year. Add that up with a weak division and i am thinking playoffs. Could have a great record if they catch a few of their better opponents early. 9 wins

15. Philadelphia Eagles The Miami heat of the NFL ? Hard to compare, they got some good Free agents, but its harder to get 11 men to play together then it is 5. I think it will take them awhile to get things going, i think they will still have trouble keeping vick standing and healthy. Defenses were starting to figure him out at the end of last season. I honestly see this season being closer to disaster then to a Superbowl. I think they start the season 0-2 .. 9 wins

16. Detroit Lions Here it is ... Americas sleeper ... doesnt make them much of a sleeper tho, does it ? I like em. Their defensive front four is a blocking nightmare. Matt Stafford is going to be really good when healthy. Last year he crushed the redskins and lost to the jets in O.T. With Best as their main RB, they are going to have to pass to set him up. Their average defense should get some rest with their offense driving the ball. I think they will have a high powered offense this year. I still think they are a year or two away from a deep run. A promising start sees a brutal final stretch ...8-9 wins.

17. Houston Texans So promising early last year ... then 6-10 .... I dont think Wade Phillips will make that big of a difference in this defense just yet .. he still needs better players. Shaun Cody isnt a Nose Tackle. On Offense ... i dont think Foster, Schaub or Johnson can do much better then they did, They will out gun some opponents ... but will continue to struggle vs teams with a good defense and decent offense. 8 wins.

18. Tennessee Titans This rush first offense should remind Hassleback of the good ole days when he handed the ball off to Shaun Alexander. The defense will be better with a flowing offense ... i think they will be good ... just not .. good enough. 8 wins

19. Chicago Bears Could be a long Season for a team that went pretty deep in the playoffs till .. "The Cutler incident" Roy Williams was horrible in Dallas, he had his moments, but he looked lost. The ball often hitting him in the face mask ... He is not their answer, the defense is getting older .. pressure is mounting on Cutler which will force him to force the ball ... 8 wins

20. Arizona Cardinals A new yet unproven QB can help out their talented receiver, open up the running game and give a rest for the defense ...That being said ... i still think they will fall well short of their goals this season. A weak scheadule down the stretch will get them close to .500 7 wins.

21. Washington Redskins Seems to be alot of skins fans on here ... i regret to inform you .. this is not the Redskins year. The redskins will continue their habit of upsetting a good team .. then losing to a horrible team. They have some promise at RB, i think the defense will get better ... but they will stay kings of the bottom feeders. 6 wins

22. Minnesota Vikings Had they maintained Sydney Rice ... i might think better of these guys. They will be hard to figure out. A.P. is still a top back in the league and he may remove alot of the work load from a declining McNabb. If they can pound the ball and McNabb can move the ball when asked too ... he could be the Comeback Player of the year. Very hard to say, but i dont think they will mesh .... Their schedule isnt easy and i see about 6 wins

23. Jacksonville Jaguars At the end of the day, they just dont have the skills to beat good teams. They will live and Die with MJD (who was basically a consolation prize for fantasy football draftees in rounds 8-12) The defense isnt good. Its gonna take some big changes for them to ever become a contender. Ill be generous. 6 wins

24. Denver Broncos A pretty brutal schedule will see them string together a bit of losses in a row. i think Moreano will have a good season, but he will be forced to step aside in the 2nd half of games when the Broncos are forced to pass in an effort to make up some 10-14 point deficits. 5 wins

25. Kansas City Chiefs The Chiefs shouldnt be catching anybody off guard this season. They are still extremely one dimensional with a great running game with speedy back Jamaal Charles. The defense didnt give up alot of points, but they gave up a good bit of yards. I believe a step backwards is in order. Their scheadule is BRUTAL ! Chargers, Raiders x2, Colts, patriots, steelers, jets, packers .... 5 Wins

26. Miami Dolphins They play tough defense, which will keep them in games, but you eventually have to score to win. Playing the NFC east and AFC east in the same season isnt an easy task ... 5 wins

27. Cleveland Browns As a guy who rode Peyton Hillis to a fantasy football comeback season last year, let me tell you ... im worried about this guy. He seemed to slow down ... not sure if he was getting worn out or defenses were figuring him out. It doesnt bode well for Colt Mccoy as he has average at best receivers. A middle of the pack defense indicates that the Browns are still a year or two away from making that next step. P.S. 4 of their last 5 games are against the Steelers and Ravens .... 5 wins

28. San Francisco 49ers Crabtree and Gin could give this team some fire power, Gore needs to stay healthy and the mediocre defense needs to tighten up ... Alex Smith is no Arron Rodgers thats for sure ... weak scheadule, but this team isnt good. 5 wins

29. Seattle Seahawks This is the 2nd chance team. They are lead by guys who were once so promising and now are declining. I expect a decent season for Rice ... when jackson gets him the ball ... Lynch should put up decent numbers ... the defense still scares me. They might all have a good game at the same time and spoil a good teams day ... but i see 4-5 wins.

30. Buffalo Bills The Bills have some promising players, but the loss of Lee Evans is big. I expect CJ Spiller to be a contributor, however, their defense will continue to struggle vs good offenses and i dont think their offense will be able to make up the ground. They might steal the last one from the Patriots, if the Pats decide to rest players. 4-5 wins

31. Cincinnati Bengals I see alot of guys that i respect on here giving the Bengals some praise and i cant imagine why. The had a complete makeover on offense and now they kinda resemble and old truck that you keep cranking trying to get it to start ... but its totaled. They have a bad defense, Carson Palmer kept them in games by putting points on the board .... not looking good for the Bengals. Ill give them home games vs San Fran, Buffalo, Cleveland and maybe Arizona ... they might catch Baltimore resting in week 17 ... 4-5 wins

32. Carolina Panthers Im so sorry Carolina, everybody in your division should have a good season except you. While you did put down a foundation for the future ... the future is not now. Olsen is a better pick up then shockey, Decent RBs will be relied upon to carry the ball alot, the O-line isnt good and Cam newton will be in for the fight of his life this season. With a sub par defense ... we will call this one ... a rebuilding year. They wont be a favorite in any game this year... their schedule is brutal ... ill say they sneak up on 2 teams this year .... 2 wins

SportsPedagogy

Here are my futures plays ...
    MIA regular season wins under 7½ -135*
    NE regular season wins over 11½ +100*
    OAK regular season wins over 6½ -110*
    TB regular season wins over 8 +105*
    TEN regular season wins over 6½ -130*
    Tennessee wins AFC South +800*
    Oakland wins AFC West +550*
    St. Louis wins NFC West +170*
    Football NFL +325 NFC Champion - Green Bay Packers

I also have this parlay .... will be good hedging material if need be ..
    $25.00 to win $607.07
    New England wins AFC East -180* vs Field wins AFC East
    Field wins AFC North -1700* vs Cleveland wins AFC North
    Field wins AFC South -195* vs Houston wins AFC South
    Field wins AFC West -610* vs Kansas City wins AFC West
    Field wins NFC East -4000* vs Washington wins NFC East
    Green Bay wins NFC North -250* vs Field wins NFC North
    Atlanta wins NFC South +125* vs Field wins NFC South
    St. Louis wins NFC West +170* vs Field wins NFC West

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

I think you placed too many bets.

I like the Rams winning their division though.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

There's no way Oakland wins 9-10 games. No chance.

SportsPedagogy

8 futures plays, and a parlay. Not that much. I was up a bit from this preseason so I figured I might as well go for it. I feel pretty confident in most of them. As for Oakland, they don't have the toughest schedule in the world. I think the cheifs falter and they continue to beat the Broncos. This is the first time in awoke te cheifs return most of their starters.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cowboys are rated too high. How good is Romo and a suspect defense. Oak? Al Davis has really screwed up this team. Look for them to regress.

SportsPedagogy

I feel like .. if i am wrong with anybody .... its the cowboys. However, they have a middle of the pack schedule. I believe Romo is a good QB. top 10 in the league for sure. I have a good feeling about oakland tho. They have young talent on offense that will be better this year.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

youre seriously underestimating miami..... be careful not to lose too much money betting against them bro.

SportsPedagogy

I got the same amount on each of them. If Miami surprises me, then it will be toward the end of the season by the time they get to 7. I'll make a small hedge . Thanks for the advice 4th !

Powerz
    Powerz's Avatar SBR PRO

Interesting that you have Indy at 9 wins and houston at 8 wins and tenn at 8 wins and bet Tenn to win the AFC south, going for value?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

SportsPedagogy

Yeah, it's def a value play. Peyton could re injure his neck right after surgery, even if he doesn't, they didn't look like the elite colts last year. If Chris Johnson comes back ready to work, Hasselback is used to throwing to average recievers, and that defense is very talented. No reason they can't win this fading division. +800 is decent value and might worth a hedge if they keep it close

Galante118
    Galante118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

tampa bay at 6? ewwwwwwwww lol come on im a big freeman fan but thats crazy. u think tampa bay is better then the jets, steelers chargers...and houston only at 17...they might win the division. their biggest hole was their secondary and thye added jonathon joseph and daniel manning. they switched to a 3-4 and are startin to blitz alot more. i love houston this year

earlsnake07
    earlsnake07's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okay.....so I gotta ask this question about OAK (not being a homer) - you said........

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    8 futures plays, and a parlay. Not that much. I was up a bit from this preseason so I figured I might as well go for it. I feel pretty confident in most of them. As for Oakland, they don't have the toughest schedule in the world. I think the cheifs falter and they continue to beat the Broncos. This is the first time in awoke te cheifs return most of their starters.
    KC and OAK play the same teams!!!!!! I dont understand how you could say that OAK will win more games than KC. KC has brought back basically the same team and won the division last year (lucky in my opinion). I do not think KC will win the division this year, but I definately think they will be better than the OAK!

blumpkin
    blumpkin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5754

im going to play sd at over 10.5 lots of talent again.. think this yr they go 11-5, 12-4 instead of the underachieving team of the past.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by Galante118 View Post
    tampa bay at 6? ewwwwwwwww
    I did the rankings based on how many wins i think they will get. I like the way they play football, Freeman is underrated. they got a good rushing game. a solid defense and i think they will surprise alot of people

Quote Originally Posted by earlsnake07 View Post
    KC and OAK play the same teams!!!!!!
    OAK plays The Texans (Who i think will be average) and the Browns
    KC Plays Indy (Manning should be back by then) and the Steelers

Those are the differences. i also think the Raiders will be a better team. they did win ever division game last year.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Agreed on KC, CAR, CIN, CHI.

ATL, TB, OAK way too high.

I would look at KC Under way more than OAK Over. I am going to play it, but already missed the boat on value and waiting to see where line is going to salvage some.

SportsPedagogy

Im crazy about Atlanta .... i see TB and OAK as up and coming teams. They will become Playoff contenders this year, not so much superbowl contenders.

I think atlanta -3 vs Chicago is a Gift.

these are just my thoughts tho. Im sure to be wrong about some of them. Ill be watching alot of football this first 4 weeks and then ill be re making my rankings. I use them as a guide to spot the dark horses that have value to bet on. Like i also like St Louis over Philly week 1 ... may play 1 unit on spread and half on ML

SportsPedagogy

A few weeks into the season, not to far off. ill update it this week. Missed the Bills

SportsPedagogy

and OAK o6.5 cashes !

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I liked the Rams in the West also but I never checked their brutal schedule. TB is no shocker to me since they overachieved last year in a rough division. You should be good with Oakland and Tenn. Oak swept the division last year and just needed more from the QB. Very nice picking except maybe Houston. They were the fav coming in and Wade Phillips is a proven D-coordinator with a bunch of 1st rounders and big $ fa's to work with on defense.

SportsPedagogy

Yeah, i thought Peyton would play
    I figured they would be good, but he was regressing last year and the team just isnt that good, even with peyton, figured they would beat Houston though.