whoatommy
    whoatommy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Give me your BEST BET for Thursday 11/27...

What is your best bet for Turkey Day? What is that one pick that you are most confident with? That one pick you would have in every parlay?

Here's mine:
    Seattle @ Dallas Under 47*

Cowboys avg. 24 ppg this season, and 28 ppg with Romo at QB. The bigger question is will Seattle be able to put up 20+ points? I highly doubt it. Seattle does not have the big play ability. If they score they usually take a good amount of time off the clock with short runs and passes. I'm thinking this will be a one sided affair with the Cowboys putting up all the points. If, however, the Seahawks do find a way to score they will not do it with big plays but with long drives. This will keep the clock moving and keep it a lower scoring affair. Will Matt Hasselbeck get in a shootout? Not this year in Dallas. Final 30-14.

*1-1 the past two weeks. Giants were my best bet pick last week over the Cards.

whoatommy

Also making a smaller play on the Cowboys -13. With Romo back, their offense is rolling. They are playing a bad Seattle. Cowboys are at home. I'm a lot more confident taking them in a teaser though, @ -7. They should be up by at least a touchdown the whole game. The only problem is, dating back to last season and even more so into this season, the Cowboys are known to not cover as heavy favorites, and sometimes losing outright. They did cover -11 last week though against the Niners. I think it's time for them to start playing up to their super bowl aspirations though, this late in the season.
    Last edited by whoatommy; 11-27-08 at 12:53 AM.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Since there's no best bets thread up yet I'll give you my whole ticket:
    Tenn -11 and under 44
    Seattle +12.5 and under 47
    AZ +3

whoatommy

Quote Originally Posted by roasthawg View Post
    Since there's no best bets thread up yet I'll give you my whole ticket:
    Tenn -11 and under 44
    Seattle +12.5 and under 47
    AZ +3
    Come on man I asked for 1 play you have me looking at 5....which one is it

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ten -11

Robust

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Turkeyday Games!

I'm not touching these games straight up on the lines. These spreads are inflated and the Arz/Phily game is a tough one to cap. That being said here are my predictions for today's games.......

Game #1

Tennesse @ Detriot: Detroit has lost its last four Thanksgiving day games by an average margin of 20 points (37-26, 27-10, 27-7 and 41-9). The Titans are looking to rebound after their first loss, and the Lions cant stop anyone on the ground. Detroit is ranked 31st against the rush, this also means that Kerry Collins should be able to make some big plays down field with play action. Detriot cant run on Tennesse so Culpepper will have to do try and win this one on his own. Expect a lot of turnovers folks! One more interesting fact, the Lions are 1-5 ATS as a Thanksgiving host since 2002.

Score Prediction: Titans 31, Lions 16

riggs

Game #2

Seattle @ Dallas: Before I get into this one, check out the Seahawks injury report. OUT: WR Deion Branch, WR Nate Burleson, WR Ben Obomanu, WR Logan Payne, G Rob Sims, C Chris Spencer, DE Patrick Kerney. That's not a good start. Tony Romo has the Boys clicking offensively right now. Romo threw for 350 yards and three touchdowns last week. Seattle is ranked 27th against the pass. The Cowboys are 5-2 against the spread the past seven years on Thanksgiving, the last two years Dallas had wins of 34-3 and 38-10. This is a must win for Dallas!

Score Prediction: Cowboys 34, Seahawks 13

riggs

Game #3

Arizona @ Philadelphia: It's hard to cap this game, considering chaos in that phily locker room right now. We really don't know what to expect? Phily is not up against Baltimore's passing attack this week, their secondary is soft and they have a tendency to give up big plays in the passing game. All in all the Eagles have played well at home this year including the Giants game, I'll give them that much, but there are so many question marks with that team. It's rather frustrating to figure out! McNabb will start today and Arizona's secondary is ranked 21st versus the pass and they have a tendency to give up big plays. This would be the game for McNabb to break out of his slump. The problem with this one is - how are the Eagles going to cover Arizona's receivers? With that said, this is a bad spot for the Cardinals. Traveling all the way to the East Coast on just three days of rest to play at night in cold temps, and if you think about it this game is meaningless for Arizona. If they lose, who cares? The NFC West is the worst division in football! Also, 70% Percent of money is on Arizona, you know what that means, well, usually!

Score Prediction: Eagles 30, Cardinals 24

RJS
    RJS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philadelphia -2.5 -120

whoatommy

Quote Originally Posted by Robust View Post
    Ten -11

Robust
    thanks mr. robust... good confident pick....just what I was looking for

whoatommy

Quote Originally Posted by RJS View Post
    Philadelphia -2.5 -120
    Lookin good RJS....went with ya on this one.

whoatommy

Looks like a perfect thread again, minus those that posted multiple picks, which was not asked for.

whoatommy

props to riggs tho, you were pretty much dead on with those scoring predictions. next time give me one out of those bunch though.