Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Worst Plays in Sports

I'm not talking about throwing a hanging curveball on a 2-1 count to Andruw Jones. What I am interested in is those plays that if you have bet on a team, or just want them to win, infuriate you. Here are two that just make me sick.

When the defense jumps offsides, you snap the ball and take a knee (just saw the Chargers do this, and that's what sparked this).

The leadoff walk, or a walk to a mediocre hitter in front of a big-time hitter.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dropped fly balls in the sun...oh wait I loved when that happened today.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

In college football...if i have the under...when players go out of bounds and it seems like in college ball there are quite a bit of injuries which take up even more time.

scottric
    scottric's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was watching a Dodger game earlier this week and the Dodgers were down by 1 and brought in a rookie pitcher to pitch to Bonds. Bases were empty and count went to 3-2 and pitcher piped it for another homer for The Cheater.

I thought Rule #1 in all of sports was "Don't let the best guy on the other team beat you!". I would have walked him or made him chase. Alou was on deck and since Bonds can't run it might have been a good double play opportunity.

Michael_G
    Michael_G's Avatar Become A Pro!

With regards to football, it's these idiot coaches at the college and pro level going for two points early in the game or even the third quarter usually because they botched another extra point or their "card" tells them to. Also not knowing how to manage time outs and when down a significant amount of points not going into a 'hurry up' offense sooner. In baseball it's usually the bunt which is almost always a bad statistical play or the closer formula (not bringing your best pitcher, or closer, in till the ninth when the game may very well have been dictated in the seventh when the other team had the bases loaded and no outs). Why do you bring in a set up man or middle reliever in a situation where the game could be decided just because it's not the ninth? These managers are glorified security guards.

darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

When you need the over on baskets and the team with the lead 'sits on the ball' milking the clock or just the opposite when you're sweating the under and the team thats losing starts fouling when they really have no hope of winning the game. I saw about 15 pts scored in under a minute pushing the total over on desperation attempts like this.