TonyHoliday
    TonyHoliday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Cardinals win outright week 12

Yep I said it... Cardinals will beat the Giants

Giants offense is contingent upon the best power running game in the NFL. I can't think of many teams more apt to contain a back like jacobs who sets up wind, and fire.... (lame) then the AZ cardinals.

Cardinals have a huge dl and heavy backers. On the outside both AZ's corners are physical and the only way to stop a reciever like Plex is to press at the line. I know Woodson got abused but he had no help over top.

The Giants DL is very active and tough but the Cardinals O line has stepped up as of late in a major fashion. When AZ goes up, the Giants will have to rely more on the pass and that's not what they want.

Do I think the Cardinals are a better team than the Giants? No but they're damn near tied. AZ at home plays as tough as anyone. I love the cardinals in this spot. ML for 2 units

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck, Tony. I think you present a very well reasoned argument.

guru-t
    guru-t's Avatar Become A Pro!

GLuck as well here also .I've been a Giants fan since the Phil McKonkey -Mark Bavaro days and I think tou present a valid arguement as well.Damn!!I remember when the Cards were the Phoenix Cards and thats when they were in the NFC EAST and we had to play them twice a year.This is when the Cards were dreadful but When we went out there to play them,if they didn't beat us,they would always make it close.I do think our running game is as bruising as it has ever been.Thats why I believe that the G-Men will pull it out but I do think it'll be a close one.But Good Luck my friend!!!!

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I am going on the Arizona ml ...think there is some value, plus the public is obsessed with NY

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by TonyHoliday View Post
    On the outside both AZ's corners are physical and the only way to stop a reciever like Plex is to press at the line. I know Woodson got abused but he had no help over top.
    Woodson? You mean Wilson? If so, then yes, most safeties aren't getting much help over the top

MastaB
    MastaB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants Baby!

bypp
    bypp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

I may have agreed and bet this with you until I watched Arizona play San Francisco, at home. They did not impress me at all, they barely squeaked by SF. Granted, SF is probably a better team today then they were at the beginning of the season, but AZ was at home and only beat them by 5. Not to mention they only beat Seattle by 6. The Giants have proven themselves against tough teams and though I think they probably are a little worse than their record shows, I think that Arizona is much worse than what their record shows. As much as I'd like to see the Cards beat the Giants, I feel pretty confident that the defending champs will win and remain the team to beat in the NFC.

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Actually it makes perfect sense, as the Cardinals can clinch the division with a win and 49er and Seahawk losses, and start working on a bye positioning. They have everything to play for in this game. The Giants will be without Earth on Sunday.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Should be an exciting game...no doubt the Cards will come out sky high!! The Cards are fun to watch because they take chances on both sides of the ball w/alot of throws and blitzes! We may see Leinart because old Kurt is fearless and will take hits to deliver the rock! The Giants should wear down the smaller Card D but Eli still has his shaky moments and they could be playing from behind!!
    I see a close game...passing myself!!

GL

TonyHoliday

Quote Originally Posted by etothep View Post
    Woodson? You mean Wilson? If so, then yes, most safeties aren't getting much help over the top
    no i meant woodson.... playoffs last year, Plax abused woodson one of the best press corners in the league. But Greenbay refused to give him help over the top.

EastsidaProduct
    EastsidaProduct's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

I'm leaning on Arizona to keep it tight. But I love the over in this game. (o.48.5)

paulbutz37
    paulbutz37's Avatar Become A Pro!

no doubt

tenn . tenn's d gets to much pressure. 2ints,3 sacks.

tenn-27
    zona-17

nick2060
    nick2060's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

LOL wtf?

Legend4Aday
    Legend4Aday's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyHoliday View Post
    Yep I said it... Cardinals will beat the Giants

Giants offense is contingent upon the best power running game in the NFL. I can't think of many teams more apt to contain a back like jacobs who sets up wind, and fire.... (lame) then the AZ cardinals.

Cardinals have a huge dl and heavy backers. On the outside both AZ's corners are physical and the only way to stop a reciever like Plex is to press at the line. I know Woodson got abused but he had no help over top.

The Giants DL is very active and tough but the Cardinals O line has stepped up as of late in a major fashion. When AZ goes up, the Giants will have to rely more on the pass and that's not what they want.

Do I think the Cardinals are a better team than the Giants? No but they're damn near tied. AZ at home plays as tough as anyone. I love the cardinals in this spot. ML for 2 units
    I agree Arizona takes it in a close game

TonyHoliday

that would be great if Jacobs is out....

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I also think the Cardinals win this game, and will be on the Cardinals money line tomorrow. I have the Cardinals being a 1 point favorite in this one.

Giants 51
    Cardinals -1

Good luck guys.

jalein
    jalein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2650

Jacobs is out? Yes. He is.

But dont forget about Ward either. Cards D is SUSPECT to say the least. I like the Giants to win by 8 or more.

TheAnswer03
    TheAnswer03's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jacobs is not out. He's probable.

Updating a previous item, Brandon Jacobs (probable, knee) was a full participant in Friday's practice.
    The Giants don't play until 4:15PM on Sunday, but Jacobs is well worth the wait because he's looking very likely to start at Arizona.
    -Rotoworld

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    I also think the Cardinals win this game, and will be on the Cardinals money line tomorrow. I have the Cardinals being a 1 point favorite in this one.

Giants 51
    Cardinals -1

Good luck guys.
    Cardinals is a play as well I like it

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants win 31-21

whoatommy
    whoatommy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Actually it makes perfect sense, as the Cardinals can clinch the division with a win and 49er and Seahawk losses, and start working on a bye positioning. They have everything to play for in this game. The Giants will be without Earth on Sunday.
    Cardinals have a 4 game lead with 6 to go in their division...the worst division in the NFL...you think their time to clinch is now? against the best team in the NFL?

jtnguyen79
    jtnguyen79's Avatar Become A Pro!

on arizona best of luck

looking at my cards man all my after noon plays are dogs haha

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cardinals not up to that championship level yet. Right now, they can beat anybody at home, except the Giants. Giants have completely gelled. Cards are still in the process of gelling. So easier to find the cracks in the armor. Cardinals won't be able to stop Brandon Jacobs. Warner will be rushed into throwing INT's. Media suddenly jumped on Cardinals, but they're not in the same ballpark as the Giants.

Detail. This is home field for Arizona. But it is also for the Giants. They won the Superbowl here.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 11-23-08 at 09:08 AM.

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Cardinals not up to that championship level yet. Right now, they can beat anybody at home, except the Giants. Giants have completely gelled. Cards are still in the process of gelling. So easier to find the cracks in the armor. Cardinals won't be able to stop Brandon Jacobs. Warner will be rushed into throwing INT's. Media suddenly jumped on Cardinals, but they're not in the same ballpark as the Giants.
    This post is dead on! The Cardinals are still an average team with a soft Defense (imo). Yes, they have solid receivers and a QB who can make throws from the pockett vs. soft teams, but not vs. this Giants team. Warner will be pressured and sacked, he will make mistakes by trying to do too much. The Giants will run the ball down Arz throat, set up play action, and take their shots down the field. Don't forget the Giants have great special teams too! Taking Arz in this spot is a little crazy and not well thought out.

I would advise a play on the Giants at -3, as they're one of my top plays of the week!

or

Lay off the game if you're unsure!

GL either way.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post

Detail. This is home field for Arizona. But it is also for the Giants. They won the Superbowl here.
    ding ding ding ding

we have a winner!

giants easy game over by halftime

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Last time the Giants went on the road they played the Eagles. Giants turned the ball over twice. Mcabb dropped back to pass 36 times and the Giants had 0 sacks and Philly was able to get some good returns on special teams. Result Giants barely won 36-31

If Arizona, which is better than Philly, can get a 1 or 2 turnovers, keep Warner upright, and get some good returns from Breaston they could win.