Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Harrison calls Goodell a devil, crook, puppet, and dictator

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/...s/s_746513.html

NEW YORK — Heavily fined Steelers linebacker James Harrison calls NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell a "crook" and a "devil," among other insults, in a magazine article.
    The 2008 AP Defensive Player of the Year hasn't been shy about ripping the league after he was docked $100,000 for illegal hits last season. In the August issue of Men's Journal, his rants against Goodell reach another level of wrath.
    "If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it," Harrison told the magazine. "I hate him and will never respect him."
    His other descriptions of the commissioner include an anti-gay slur, "stupid," "puppet" and "dictator."
    If the Steelers had defeated the Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl, Harrison said, he would have whispered in Goodell's ear during the trophy ceremony: "Why don't you quit and do something else, like start your own league in flag football?"
    Harrison also criticizes other NFL execs, Patriots-turned-commentators Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi ("clowns"), Houston's Brian Cushing ("juiced out of his mind") — and even teammates Rashard Mendenhall and Ben Roethlisberger for their performances in the Super Bowl loss. Harrison questions whether a black player is punished more for a hard hit on a white player than the opposite.
    Beyond the insults, Harrison makes some serious points about what he believes are the league's misguided attempts to increase safety. He explains how non-guaranteed contracts make players more likely to hit high, because in the short term, a torn knee ligament is more costly than a concussion.
    And Harrison suggests the real way to prevent head injuries is to shorten the season to 14 games, start offseason workouts later and trim the length of training camp so "we're not bangin' heads so much in August; that's where the brain trauma comes from."

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Here is the cliff notes version from PFT

And the actual excerpt from Men's Journal

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

hes a douchebag if he thinks he didnt deserve those fines but hes got jokes

EBDOG
    EBDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post

hes a douchebag if he thinks he didnt deserve those fines but hes got jokes
    your soft if you think he deserved all those fines give me a break he barely touched drew brees and got fined 20k

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by EBDOG View Post
    your soft if you think he deserved all those fines give me a break he barely touched drew brees and got fined 20k

these are just two examples...

his hit on massaquoi was illegal, these two were illegal, the unnecessary body slamming of qb's is illegal (did it to flacco helmet to helmet/chin, did it to vince young raised him off the ground intentionally, did it to fitzpatrick leading with the helemet)

the guy is a scum and consitently leads with the head to hurt people. football is about making tackles to end the play, and sometimes sending a message by letting yourself go on a player but NOT HELMET TO HELMET. helmet to helmet can end a professional players career, one that he worked each and every single day of his life hours and hours for. if you went to the gym every single day of your life and let it all out there and then some asshole helmet to helmet raped you unnecessarily and ended your career, you'd grow up and understand.

he has a track record of leading with the helmet. he has done this several times where he got lucky and the player somehow ducked out of the way or didnt get injured but he has clear intent to lead with the helmet and more importantly to hurt people.

this isnt a movie this is real life. ending somebodys season every second weekend isnt funny. and after getting slapped with fines and you keep doing it, you deserve everything you get. f\*\*k this dirtbag harrison.

EBDOG

Yeah and when they lower there shoulder hes supposed to be able to react that quickly get real bud its football if you dont want to be hit quit. The hit on massaquoi and cribbs were not even flagged. There was nothing wrong with the hit on massaquoi he put his head down last second and he came at him with his arms. The cribbs one I can see getting fined but you are a bitch if you think he should be fined that much for some of his hits. He slammed vince young and only got 5k fine that was worse than his other hits.

EBDOG

Also going at the legs can end a career too bud

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Lol he comes across as a crybaby. Seriously, bitching about '04 and videotaping signals? Something that wasn't against the rules? He's an idiot. Hell of a player, but an idiot

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Quote Originally Posted by EBDOG View Post
    I agree. He should not have been fined on that hit on Brees.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

guys not scum... plays the way he was taught... only offensive minded pussies whine about shit like this.... look how they used to play...

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

If I'm the Rooney family, I just fukkin' release this guy. Make a stand. Tell the world that you won't keep players, no matter how great they are, who embarrass your organization by spitting out filth about the commissioner of the fukking league, their own teammates, players across the league, and pretty much anything and everything they don't like.

This guy is scumbag, I'm sorry. All the way around miserable human being. I don't care how good he is -- if you want to field a respectable team, Rooneys, you straight out cut this guy. It will look bad, since you stood by Big Ben (another scumbag), but better to start now than never.

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Regardless of how he plays on the field I wouldn't want that two-bit classless jerk in my locker room. But he is certainly entertaining.

cash$bro91
    Update your status
    cash$bro91's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9895

Harrison needs to STFU and just focus on playing football.