bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alouettes release Quincy Carter

maybe quincy's the joke, and not his statement

Alouettes release former NFL quarterback Quincy Carter

MONTREAL (AP) -- Former NFL quarterback Quincy Carter was released by the Canadian Football League's Montreal Alouettes on Wednesday, less than a week into training camp.

"This is a joke ... an insult," Carter told the Montreal Gazette.

Montreal coach Don Matthews said Carter's release was based on performance.

"Someone had to go," Matthews said. "He was the obvious choice. He had the lowest grades."

Carter's departure leaves CFL veterans Marcus Brady and Nealon Greene and rookie Scott McBrien to battle for the No. 2 job behind starter Anthony Calvillo.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

His career is all but over.

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I was never able to figure out when it began

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

There is always the arena league

No kidding,it's not easy to be a quarterback in the Canadian League.They want usually black guys that don't have to learn a complicated playbook but who can run and scramble and throw the ball 80 yards.The damn field is so wide,you only have 2 downs to get a 1st down and it's always windy and crappy weather up there.Many a great white hope stud quarterbacks that had an impact in the college and NFL ranks went up there and did diddly squat.Jimmy the Greek would have been a good CFL quarterback talent scout.hehe!He would have gone to Canadian immigration and asked if Kinta Kinte could become a Canadian citizen.Kinta Kinte would be at least a backup QB with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.Speaking of which,the league had 9 teams and 2 were named the Roughriders.hehe!

Then they have a Canadian player quota sort of like affirmative action in the U.S.A.where inferior Canadian guys get to make the team but they are all big fat out of shape linemen with really ethnic names with vowels on the end.You can see spaghetti sauce dribbling from their mouths as they get winded running 20 yards.The american guys that are called imports are all key position players like RB'S,QB'S,wide receivers,middle line backers and cornerbacks.

If you are a damn good kicker or punter from the USA you don't stand a chance of making a team because that's a waste of hiring an import.Some of the kickers and punters up there are kick ass good though because there is a strong soccer playing history in all their ethnic backgrounds.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I never knew that about the CFL quota brentcrude...

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'm definitely following CFL a little bit this year. It seems like it might be wacky enough to be entertaining.

I'm surpised Quincy is still around. I'm not surpised he was spit out the bottom of the CFL.

Curse Fire
    SBR COWBOYS!!!
    Curse Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope to hell that Quicny dont want to try and
    come to Dallas again. Hw was a disaster at
    quaterback here. He had like one good game 2
    years ago and then he was just horible.