L2Gunz
    WHO DAT
    L2Gunz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duece & Will Smith Out For 4 Weeks!!!!

WOW...DUECE MCALLISTER AND WILL SMITH OUT FOR STERIOD USE. HOW BAD CAN IT GET FOR MY NEW ORLEANS SAINTS????

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you kidding me?!? I'm already on the Saints +3.5 this weekend! Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

nah..check it out on espn.com....I just heard about this at lunch....

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

The suspension won't start this week though right? Or will it?!?

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

Im not sure about that Roasthawg..but here is the clip from espn.com.....

A number of NFL players -- including Deuce McAllister and Will Smith of the New Orleans Saints -- have tested positive under the NFL's steroid policy as a result of taking water pills to lose weight, according to a report from Fox 31-Denver reporter Josina Anderson.

McAllister

Smith
    Anderson's report cited "a rash of positive tests." The number is more than 10 and may exceed 15, two sources have told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Attorney David Cornwell told Mortensen he has been retained by "a number of players" to represent them in the NFL appeals process, but Cornwell wouldn't say who those players were or the exact number who have retained his legal services.

Smith's listed agent, Joel Segal, was not immediately available to comment, according to Fox 31-Denver. A representative for McAllister's agent, Jim Steiner, said the agent would call that station back.

Under the NFL's steroid policy, a player's first positive test results in a four-game suspension.

According to Anderson's report, McAllister and Smith are part of a group that tested positive for a diuretic known as Bumetanide. Others tested positive for a different substance.

"Most of them tested positive for Bumetanide," said the league source, according to Fox 31-Denver. "The last few tested positive for another substance that works similarly."

A source told Fox 31-Denver that Bumetanide "can also mask the use of other drugs or steroids."

Bumetanide is a drug belonging to a group of medicines called loop diuretics or "water pills." Its uses include the treatment of fluid retention and swelling caused by medical conditions such as congestive heart failure, liver disease, and kidney disease, Fox 31-Denver reported.

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

here comes the SDG money.. the percentages are shifting...

Robust

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

First of all... it's pretty cute you guys have the same image.

Second of all I am not sure that this goes into effect immediately since there is still an appeals process. I am trying to figure out if they will be playing this Sunday or not. If they aren't playing Sunday it looks like the Saints aren't gonna have any sort of effective running game

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I personally think that if someone is caught using steroids in the NFL, they should be kicked out for 12 months for the first time, and 2nd timers should be banned.

DeluxeLiner

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I personally think that if someone is caught using steroids in the NFL, they should be kicked out for 12 months for the first time, and 2nd timers should be banned.
    But then there wouldn't be anyone in the NFL to play football, and I like football.

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

Quote Originally Posted by DeluxeLiner View Post
    First of all... it's pretty cute you guys have the same image.

Second of all I am not sure that this goes into effect immediately since there is still an appeals process. I am trying to figure out if they will be playing this Sunday or not. If they aren't playing Sunday it looks like the Saints aren't gonna have any sort of effective running game

First of all..haha..Deluxeliner the dodgers are out of it get off the bandwagon your season is OVER. And its called an avatar not Image...

Sorry Robust, Im about to change avatar when I get home from work. I've been tryin to load a pic, but just does not seem to work for me.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

But then there wouldn't be anyone in the NFL to play football, and I like football.
    Then they should allow them to use roids to a certain lvl, so it can be a beat the crap out of each other league

DeluxeLiner

Quote Originally Posted by L2Gunz View Post
    First of all..haha..Deluxeliner the dodgers are out of it get off the bandwagon your season is OVER. And its called an avatar not Image...
    Sorry that I am not down with the lingo and I am not giving up on my Dodgers! I have had this...avatar...up all year and I don't want to let it go. I didn't jump on any bandwagons I had them even win Arizona was supposed to be the best team period.
    Last edited by DeluxeLiner; 10-24-08 at 04:16 PM.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Sean Payton is really starting to get on my bad side. He has no control over his team. HE IS UNDERACHIEVING A VERY TALENTED TEAM

THIS IS COMING FROM A SAINTS FAN

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

Sorry that I am not down with the lingo and I am not giving up on my Dodgers! I have had this...avatar...up all year and I don't want to let it go. I didn't jump on any bandwagons I had them even win Arizona was supposed to be the best team period.
    If you insist, keep you avatar and best of luck w/ it. One thing I do like about the your Dodgers, is MANNY RAM!!!!!

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Sean Payton is really starting to get on my bad side. He has no control over his team. HE IS UNDERACHIEVING A VERY TALENTED TEAM

THIS IS COMING FROM A SAINTS FAN
    ZBOIZ...your 100% correct, Sean is not the same coach that won coach of the year. He's does not have that aggressive play calling as he did before he received that hefty extension to his contract. He's feelin too comfortable right now and it's showing in our organization.

ZBOIZ

ZBOIZ...your 100% correct, Sean is not the same coach that won coach of the year. He's does not have that aggressive play calling as he did before he received that hefty extension to his contract. He's feelin too comfortable right now and it's showing in our organization.
    Yes you are right and a lot of Saints fans are blind and don't want to hear that but anytime you have the talent you have you should not be 3-4. Also I dont like how he dont get more aggresive about getting better defensive players. He rather go get a Shockey than get a great defensive player that can really help us get to the Super Bowl. I love Shockey but we really did'nt NEED him. Our offense was explosive without him.
    Sean Payton is really slipping!

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

exactly on point...we def. didn't need shockey...when did we ever have a great strong safety or shutdown cornerback??? NEVER EVER...this shit is gettin way out of control..i can remember when sean p. first came to the n.o. saints...play callin was crazy but effective...now on 3 and 1...the plays are out right garbage...3 and 1 the other day.. and he does a toss right to bush..wtf???

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

This is really really bad news for the Saints. The information being reported is rather massive and disappointing. There's a lot of smoke there - so the fire should be big. No one likes to see that sort of thing happen.

The Saints, yes, are underachieving - but to be honest with you, 2 of those games fall on automatica. Outside of that, I think Payton has done something with Reggie Bush that very very few offensive minds can do - and that's get LOTS of production. I'm not sure another coach might do as well.

ZBOIZ

exactly on point...we def. didn't need shockey...when did we ever have a great strong safety or shutdown cornerback??? NEVER EVER...this shit is gettin way out of control..i can remember when sean p. first came to the n.o. saints...play callin was crazy but effective...now on 3 and 1...the plays are out right garbage...3 and 1 the other day.. and he does a toss right to bush..wtf???
    Exactly!! I was telling my boys about that fool calling a toss play on 3rd and 1 with Bush! How stupid is that?