jakeandba
    jakeandba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3709

Can someone please explain why the draft is so watched

So ESPN is telling me I have to watch the draft to see what players will be chosen by "my team" in the NFL. The following is a list of observations about this process, at least that I see.

The first observation is the overall process itself. So if my team drafts late in the first round, the issue with time that is wasted to get to the pick. If lucky, I will be given 80 years of life, so then I make a conscience decision to squander time with this event. Then the team decides to trade out of said round, causing me to wait even longer. Finally the pick is made and management is seen shaking hands and happy. As on que with this pick, highlights are shown how great this player is going to be and what he has done at the college level. Some how it should be noted this player is making plays against talent which will never step on the field in an NFL uniform. Then there is god to contend with, Mel Kiper. Yes this person who has never played a down or coached at a higher level, who attended Essex Community College, is the expert. Please inform me of the qualifications needed to become this type of expert? If he was such as expert, then why has he not been picked up by a team to head their scouting department?

While there are many other questions I have, please explain the purpose of watching this draft knowing players are wearing clothes, driving a vehicle, buying a home which I bought him. Meaning I have to go out and buy some NFL apparel which goes into the players pocket. Not to mention the perks this player had before this event. After all, he was awarded a scholarship to play at a university. He was given a chance to learn a life skill so he could become a productive member of society after football. In addition, he was given access to other perks, most of us will never dream of.

Finally, I have been to help determine why I wager on NFL games and put time in for research. It is because I want these players to do something for me, when it comes to increasing my bankroll.

Feel free to comment.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

u took all that time to write that instead of just changing the channel?

jakeandba

lol did not watch it at all...but it was all over the place, sports radio, satelitte rodio...carrier pigeon...

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I don't watch it on tv, but I visit espn.com to see who everyone is picking while I do other things. It's not the most exciting thing to sit and watch that countdown to each teams pick. I do love me some football though, and I make sure I find out everything there is to find out about which player goes where before I bet on the season.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Don't let ESPN dictate what you watch
    it makes you a worst sports gambler

jakeandba

true enough bro. it does not mean anything to me until after training camps to help determine possible depth charts as well as any inj sustained in training camp.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I don't care about the NFL until September. This draft sh!t is over hyped. Not sure how people have NFL drafting parties.

If anything. I will just see where the top 15 went, and just move on. But on a sports dot com.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

same here

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

nfl is exciting.. ppl rather watch nfl draft than basketball or baseball n e day

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by xxxvince View Post
    ppl rather watch nfl draft than basketball or baseball n e day

Think again.