MakeMoney
    MakeMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

NFL Week 4: Best Play

Browns at Bengals OVER 44.

Here's why:

Everyone knows both these teams have struggled to put up points this year, but in all fairness they've also played some of the most aggressive, hard hitting defenses in the league (Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Tennessee etc.) For the Browns, coming into Cincinnati should be just what a struggling Derrick Anderson and Braylon Edwards need to get back on track. In their last two meetings Edwards has had at least 8 receptions and two touchdowns against a traditionally porous Cincinnati secondary. With a Bengal defense that ranks dead last in the NFL recording only 1 sack in 3 games, look for that big Cleveland O line to give Anderson all sorts of time in the pocket allowing him to complete a high percentage and stretch the field. For Cincy im expecting them to really build off of last weeks performance in NY. Despite their O line giving up six sacks and having their share of penalties, Palmer looked great going 27/39 286yds 1td 0int against arguably the best pass rush in football. I wouldn't be surprised if Palmer looks even better this week, continuing to hit Houshmanzadeh all over the field while also incorporating Chad Johnson with a few early deep ball looks

What it comes down to is both these teams have pro bowl talent on offense (we saw it last year in week two with that incredible 51-45 shootout) while offering two of the weakest defenses in the NFL. You can expect a break out game for the offenses in this one with big plays on both sides of the ball. This total will soar over 44 en route to an entertaining game for the fans and a big pay day for me.

step out and make the play.

allergic2broke
    allergic2broke's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree 100%. I'm all over this one too.

Money talks...if your broke, your speechless.

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmmm.. cleveland has alowed 22 pts per game avg to be scored against them (28 vs baltimore) and cincy 15.7 (17 vs baltimore). ~38 total.. now playing each other, one could assume that the scores would be higher for cincy, but cleveland will score too.

so yes! over does look good.. but it will be close. and cincy wins outright.

on my monday night prelim picks, i have under for this game. i should probably stay away from the O/U.

Robust
    Last edited by Robust; 09-25-08 at 12:33 AM. Reason: added more info - changed clev to cincy - my bad

hakrjak
    hakrjak's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good rationale... I rarely play the O/U, but I really like to play the under sometimes when weather is a factor. Did you see that Sunday night game a couple weeks ago where there was 60-80 mile an hour gusts on the field? haha -- I took the under in that one after getting the weather report beforehand, and I cleaned up!

- Hakrjak

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

sf/no over 48 (-110) Betjam

supershark
    supershark's Avatar Become A Pro!

toughest loss ever on this one. made my max play on it (then added it on a parlay for some extra juice) and its over before it even starts with the Palmer sitting it out. Don't even get the courtesy to see if I made the right play. SAD