Betpoints: 2317

Any good cappers here?

New here, looking for peeps to watch out for

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy View Post
    New here, looking for peeps to watch out for
    Whatever sport you want to bet in, just go to that forum and look for the posts with the most views and most replies. That will get you started in the right direction if you are looking to follow someone.

Best of Luck,

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

no matter who you follow make sure you have a good, sound money management plan first, before placing one bet. you can go 23-0 to start but you will give it all back if you have no plan. so focus on your plan and goals before anything else. i might sound like your mother (lol) but i never won until i did this. i do very well now but before i had a "plan" i always lost even though i won more picks than i lost. good luck!

livnit
    livnit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

how do i come up with a money management plan?

Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by livnit View Post
    depends on what your bankroll is. Limit how many games you play a day, and never bet more than 5-10% of your bankroll. Thank me later.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

IMO, even 5% is too high. I would recommend 2.5% per wager (unless you can confidently quantify your edge into a percentage, then I would use half Kelly)

frankbettor
    frankbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!

My advice is to stop following everyone. Do your own research. You will start seeing patterns and developing habits that winners develop. I guarantee if you start tailing people here because their posts have 1000 hits, you'll eventually lose every penny. I promise you this.

andysinvestment
    andysinvestment's Avatar Become A Pro!

money management just means don't put all your eggs in one basket. You wouldn't put all the money you have in one stock? Even if it looks like a "sure thing" nothing ever is. The sad part about money management is that you won't learn your specific money management strategy until you've lost a couple times and realize why you need one.

Some betters like to place no more than 5% of their bankrolls on every match and then place 100's of bets a month because they think they can outpick the bookies may be 54% of those bets. To me, that is silly, because you end up "gambling". The bookies set point spreads and over/under based on expert analysis and research so placing 100's of bets hoping that the bookies are wrong 54% of the time is silly.

You will need to come up with a strategy that works for you. Become an expert on a sport or match and look for specific bets that you think you can win. Who cares if Manchester United is a three goal favorite, if you think they are going to win, bet on them to win and make some money.

andysinvestment

laddygirl
    laddygirl's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am new to all this . I was reading a chart that thaddeus created about handicappers. Has anyone subscribed to any of these sites and been doing good? Any suggestions????

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Richkas

ok now what
    ok now what's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Avoid my blog. It's not too good lately.

I may start handicapping the state lotteries if it stays this bad.

More seriously, ThaddeusB makes a really great grid. I've seen several other good blogs here. There's a cadre of us who write blogs almost nightly. Go to the betpoints discussion board and find the thread that is usually near the top within called "Check Out My Blog"

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

Im The Greek..................

And im..... Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!

Shonner
    Shonner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by livnit View Post
    Very simple, quit gambling and put it in Brazilian ETF's

frankbettor
    frankbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Feel free to PM me if you are serious.