superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Chasing steam and multiple lines on one site

ok, I have read the term chasing steam and dont fully understand it. I understand that sports books will limit your action if you do this, but I don't understand why people would bet lots on one side to change the action.

second thing: where can I find a site that lists the point spreads that multiple sites are using for different sports?

superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

and I'll just throw this question on the pile too: suppose a fella does well betting sports with his points and makes a ginormous profit like 10000 points. am i eligible for a tv or do I have to slowly earn them by posting and such?

Dunder
    Dunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by superjeff24 View Post
    ok, I have read the term chasing steam and dont fully understand it. I understand that sports books will limit your action if you do this, but I don't understand why people would bet lots on one side to change the action.

second thing: where can I find a site that lists the point spreads that multiple sites are using for different sports?
    a) Chasing Steam

Where a line has moved significantly at most books (normally because of sharp money) but remained the same (or moved only slightly) at the book you bet with. Betting the side that all the money is on is "chasing steam".

So, in essence there has been substantial weight of money on one side which your book has been slow to react to, by chasing steam you would be taking advantage of that slowness.

b) Line comparison
    http://www.sbrodds.com/
    Last edited by Dunder; 03-21-10 at 07:10 AM.

Dunder
    Dunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by superjeff24 View Post
    and I'll just throw this question on the pile too: suppose a fella does well betting sports with his points and makes a ginormous profit like 10000 points. am i eligible for a tv or do I have to slowly earn them by posting and such?
    If you had such a win, there would be nothing to prevent you from redeeming those points.