lancek1978
    lancek1978's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Wanting to start a friend based sports betting website....any advice?

Looking at creating, or leveraging anything already created, that always me to create a website or private "portal" to an existing website to allow a small group of friends to: log in with their individual username/password, see live (or rather live) odds for various major sports (NFL, NBA, MBL, etc.), and make bets on the available live odds in various of common betting options (ex. straight bets, parlays, maybe teasers, etc.). These "live odds" would need to be populated from legitimate sources (ex. vegas sports books or similar) via a repeatable and automated process (XML feeds for example). The last piece would be the need for a running transaction tally, log, etc. of what bet(s) where made, at what odds, and what the total computed account "balance" is at any given time based on the outcomes of the bets made. This would need to be per specific user account, and only visible by that particular user account owner and the site Admin. The account balance piece could be a manual effort if required, but the preference would be that this process is automated as much as possible.

Requirements:

- I would NOT be accepting, discussing, or handling any sort of currency or any real tender; it would all be for entertainment only (ex. credits or something similar).
    - My budget for doing this is essentially $0. I don't mind putting in a few hours or my own time to put the pieces together, or even build the site if need be, but I am really looking for a low/no cost solution that is rather low maintenance and self-contained

If anyone knows of something that would fit what I am looking to accomplish, please let me know. Advice or recommendations, assuming beneficial and constructive, are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Wallnuts
    Wallnuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1135

I smell bacon boys

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Dude, you have been a member of such a site since 12/12/08.

lancek1978

Rkelly...can you please elaborate on how sbr forum is capable of doing what I am looking for? Much appreciated!

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Setting up your own league on SBRcontests would do exactly what you want except it only has straight picks... no exotics.

lancek1978

Thanks Bill!

zlaroc
    zlaroc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Warriors

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Youre welcome Lancek. Share the link with us if you decide to make it public.