raven_will
    raven_will's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Parlay Question

Im Will btw. so im getting into more advanced areas of sports betting. (outside of just straight bets) I bet primarily on football. NFL and College a bit as well.

ive been reading up on parlays, teasers, pleasers, rolling IFs, round robins, 2s, 3s ect.

so my question is, would it make sense to parlay the moneyline for heavy heavy favorites. 2-4 teams, amd only ridiculously heavy favorites.. i mean doesnt that give you a ridiculously high chance to at least double your money? as opposed to barely winning anything betting a straight bet on a moneyline favorite. is there an advantage of parlaying a spread vs moneyline?

i know nothing is certain and upsets happen. i gamble for fun and never wager what i cant afford to lose. but if i wanted to grow $50 into $500 relatively quickly... would that be a decent strategy? or am i missing some rule that handicaps this strategy?

IrishLuck777
    IrishLuck777's Avatar Become A Pro!

That is the general idea of why most people parlay, but I've also seen tons of people bet on these"can't lose"games and end up going broke. Nothing is a sure thing

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by raven_will View Post
    Im Will btw. so im getting into more advanced areas of sports betting. (outside of just straight bets) I bet primarily on football. NFL and College a bit as well.

ive been reading up on parlays, teasers, pleasers, rolling IFs, round robins, 2s, 3s ect.

so my question is, would it make sense to parlay the moneyline for heavy heavy favorites. 2-4 teams, amd only ridiculously heavy favorites.. i mean doesnt that give you a ridiculously high chance to at least double your money? as opposed to barely winning anything betting a straight bet on a moneyline favorite. is there an advantage of parlaying a spread vs moneyline?

i know nothing is certain and upsets happen. i gamble for fun and never wager what i cant afford to lose. but if i wanted to grow $50 into $500 relatively quickly... would that be a decent strategy? or am i missing some rule that handicaps this strategy?
    I have a rule for my self that I will never parlay anything over -1500

anything beyond that doesn't really help your pay out and believe it or not sometimes these -2000 ML will lose.

Teasers are a suckers bet.

I would go with parlays and play the ML if playing football or basketball.

I've seen all too often where the favorite will win the game but not cover the spread.