DeadRed
    DeadRed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

New Member - Is this what to expect?

Hello Everyone,

I just joined and read through some posts just on the newbie forum. I saw several new members post excited to be a part of the community and ask questions and saw the majority if you assholes attack them in one way or another. Someone asks a question and instead of providing an answer you laugh and tell them to leave.

It's shameful.

I don't need anyone to "welcome" me. I am here to discuss betting and improve my abilities. The shit I am going to have to read through to accomplish this goal is something I am not looking forward to.

Hopefully the moderation improves or you all go back to your lives rather than using a forum like this to try to prove something to yourselves.

Red

SBR Annie
    SBR Annie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25786

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRed View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I just joined and read through some posts just on the newbie forum. I saw several new members post excited to be a part of the community and ask questions and saw the majority if you assholes attack them in one way or another. Someone asks a question and instead of providing an answer you laugh and tell them to leave.

It's shameful.

I don't need anyone to "welcome" me. I am here to discuss betting and improve my abilities. The shit I am going to have to read through to accomplish this goal is something I am not looking forward to.

Hopefully the moderation improves or you all go back to your lives rather than using a forum like this to try to prove something to yourselves.

Red
    Welcome to SBR DeadRed. If there is anything we can assist you, please dont hesitate to ask

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Please specify your claim. Post link here.

I don't see any guy making fun of new members. What I do see though are guys telling new members that the Newbie section is irrelevant and it's way better to post in any other subforum here because you won't get answers in the Newbie section as nobody reads it.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Most of the 'attacking' you allude to is done amongst posters in a playful manner that know each other in real life or cyber.
    That's done in good fun.

Also, the 'majority' (your reference) of the attacking is done because, well, certain idiots bring it upon themselves.
    For instance, they make bold lock of the century threads, with no reasoning. That never ends well, or the ever so popular "If this pick loses I quit SBR forever thread"
    That one guarantees you to get piled on.

Trust me, if you post a play and back up with sound reasons why you like it and if loses, nobody is going to jump ugly on you.
    If you post plays and most are successful, you will get noticed, there is no need to bump up your plays, people read things here.

if you are an asshole, you will be treated like an asshole 10 times worse.
    If you post respectfully, you will get respect back.
    If you post winners, you will be noticed.

We are not stupid here, if you make a bold claim and can't back it up, we'll call you out on it, and sometimes it ain't pretty.
    If you post stupid lock threads, same treatment.

This is a good site, like all sites, there are a few resident assholes, those you have to deal with or leave if you don't like it.
    95 percent of the veteran posters here are good people, most of them have good information.

One last word, the moderators here do a good job, and most don't need to prove anything to themselves here. A very few do.
    Points Awarded:

JMon gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JMon, and onlooker

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Life isn't easy.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Nice first post for yourself.
    You've been here 5 seconds and you're already bitching before anyone even heard of you.
    You'll fit right in here.

Next time if you're serious, take that energy towards posting in a thread "trying to improve your abilities" like you say, instead of testing your abilities to instantly look for attention and cry.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

deadred you better have real thick skin on this forum

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Dead, you want a piece of me pal?

pvhexcel
    pvhexcel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Hello, How is it?

pvhexcel
    pvhexcel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I came from a place called covers. D ont ever go there every time I went there I would have to do all kinds of scans to get rid of all the bugs