jknabb007
    jknabb007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

New to Betting College Football...thoughts on my picks?

So as you can see, I'm new to betting college football and would like to get some insight on my picks for this weekend...i'm using an online betting site, btw.

I want to parlay:
    Michigan State (+1.5) , VA Tech (-7.5), and Ohio (-6)

Also Parlay:
    UCF (spread), ECU (spread), WVU (+27.5)

and straight up: Arizona St over ND

any thoughts, tips?
    thanks!

jitc
    jitc's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am taking Texas State +11 (great defense, finally found a QB, ULL is not who they were last year), Arizona State -7 (they're hot, Notre Dame's lost by 11 and 14 to the better teams they've played, Graham apparently likes to run it up), and UTEP +1.5 (at home so might go straight up, LA Tech is terrible and playing at night in the desert - temp in upper forties).

I'm looking at ECU -7.5 @ Marshall because I think the Pirates are legitimately good and Marshall's sort of an also-ran this year. Also your post about Ohio intrigued me and I like to bet the lower end conferences. They're playing Akron, who nutted up against Michigan in the Big House earlier. My service has them at -3.5 and your post was three days ago. I don't like that.

I did a cheap parley with Texas St +11, ASU -7, and UTEP +1.5 as well as taking each game individually. Good luck!
    Last edited by jitc; 10-05-13 at 11:37 AM. Reason: got a spread wrong

g-baby
    g-baby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

To me, parlays are a trap. If u bet them individually then that 1 team can't stop u from winning.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Quote Originally Posted by g-baby View Post
    To me, parlays are a trap. If u bet them individually then that 1 team can't stop u from winning.
    Agreed. I bet a few teasers each week but 70% of all bets should be straight bets. Looks like the OP won on his first paylay but lost on the second and lost on the straight bet.

El_Zilcho
    El_Zilcho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Small parlays (3-4 teams usually) with relatively small amounts are usually low risk, high reward. As long as you are making smart bets/solid picks you should be fine. I don't really follow the teams you posted so I can't give you any advice, but take a look at the stats and make an informed decision. Look at what the team your betting on is good at, what they're susceptible to, injuries, home/away performance, etc, and then look at that for the opposing team and see if you have a good match.

I wouldn't bet parlays on games that are going to be really close like the Michigan State game. I don't do parlays on rivalry games where anything can happen. I have been avoiding betting SEC games this year just because it's been so crazy.