gooner89
    gooner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13003

Hello SBR!

Hello faithful SBR members!

I've been following the forum for about a week now, and decided to sign up for an account. A little bit about myself first (I felt it was necessary to post at least a little information instead of firing blindly onto other threads)

I'm from Ireland. Sometimes when I'm reading posts on bets I see the American style odds and I'm lost completely lol. I use the fractional system and can grasp the decimal, but American has me lost.

I've been betting on sports for about 9-10 years now. Mainly on football (or soccer to the majority of the users here lol) but recently branching out to other sports. I have been keeping a keen eye on NFL, NBA and NCAABB over the past few years, found a fond liking for the Lakers in the meantime, and I sometimes feel I am to blame for their recent downfall :s

Aside from the actual betting and watching of sports, I have a keen interest in computer programming. One thing I'd love to do in the near future is develop 2 programs and/or apps for these ideas. Both already exist out there, but not for free. I'd love to develop an open source handicapping software, and also an open source bet tracking software (I know a free version of this exists for phones called BetTracker, but imo it's poorly written for some platforms, only does a max of 3 bets a time, and not at all available for computers). The reason I'd love to do a handicapping software with help from a community is that when one person or a very small group of people develop one of these programs, they use either outdated formula, are sometimes applying principles to wrong sports or just blatently overlooking some vital information. Anyway, that's for another day. Today is for the money!

I'm here to gain a little bit of knowledge on the sports, and I hope we all can work together to beat the books and get that cash!

That's all SBR. Gonna enjoy my time here. Now let's get picking them winners!!

SBR Annie
    SBR Annie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25786

Welcome to SBR gooner89!Please let us know if you have questions

Sator
    Sator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Welcome ,
    Hopefully more people will use the fractional system in the future