Tyrean
    Tyrean's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

New to Sports Betting, Where to Start

Hey guys,

I had a few questions wondering how some of you started in sports betting.

Did you pick one sport and try and focus all your time/energy on it or branch out to multiple sports? If I had to pick one I'm most interested in I'd pick NCAAB.

Is there any books/sites that you think could help a noob out the most?

Do you spend most of your time researching the matchup stats between teams and how they've been playing recently etc., or most of your time on something else?

Sorry if these are basic questions, I've been a poker player for a few years now and always wanted to delve into sports betting. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Tyrean

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very few recreational gamblers focus on one sports. Everyone has their favorites, usually football, but most gamblers gamble year round. The people you find on a forum like this almost all bet year round.

This site has lots of places to learn for novices and experienced players alike. Just look at the forums different sections.
    Most guys do look at how a team is currently playing, head to head matchups, and relevant trends yes. Some people just bet steam ( what wise guys are playing) some guys play a specific angle or two only.

Explaining sportsbetting would be like a novice saying should I go all in with JJ. You have A DOZEN different factors that you consider, from the opponents, to stack size, to position, that you just naturally factor in when you make a decision. Sports has many factors to consider also, read this forum you can really learn a lot. Good luck

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fade big deem and Mcduggly!