Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

UF will win big over BYU on Thursday

The Gators will have revenge on their mind after getting bounced in the 1st round by the Fredette's in double OT of last year's dance. I think the Gators overlooked BYU and ended up in a catfight. You better believe that UF has had this game circled when the seedings were first posted.

One key Gator will be Kenny Boynton. He held Jimmer to 27 points through regulation and the 1st OT. Once he fouled out in double OT, JF scored 10 points in the 2nd OT to pull off the upset. BYU was a better team last year then they are this year and UF is a better team this year then they were last year. Boynton and Wilbekin will both spend double duty guarding JF and should be able to do an adequate job on their own. I think UF strategy will be to let Jimmer get his but nullify everyone else.

BYUs starting 5 is undersized (6'8" is tallest guy) and will be hard pressed to stop UF's front line (6'8", 6'10", 6'10"). UF's bench will also be a key factor in this one. Patric Young, Erik Murphy and Will Yeguette will provide plenty of depth for the bigs. BYU is a good defensive team that creates turnovers but the Gator guards are very good ball handlers with excellent assist to TO ratio.

I see this game as a double digit win for UF. The Gators size in the middle will open up the guards for 3. Unless JF has an epic night and put both Boynton and Wilbekin in foul trouble, I don't see BYU putting up enough points to win.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

BYU was -5 in that game. Maybe BYU overlooked Florida, not the other way around. BYU +3 is a good bet IMO. These teams didnt change 8 points worth in 1 year

SargeantHooker
    SargeantHooker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

Mac, I have a love/hate relationship with you because I went to FSU. I hate the gators, but I love your avitar pics. With you on this on, gators -3 $220 for $200

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

I really like the play as well, UF has the guards to stay with Jimmer and huge front court advantage for the Gators. Sinece Mormons don't wager the line will probably continue to rise, better take it now.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    BYU was -5 in that game. Maybe BYU overlooked Florida, not the other way around. BYU +3 is a good bet IMO. These teams didnt change 8 points worth in 1 year
    Trust me when I tell you that last year's UF overlooked a lot of people. They thought they were entitled and could just show up for games. BYU hadn't won a tourney game in years. A couple of the guys were fat and happy. I think they finally get it. BYU was stumbling into the tourney, they weren't overlooking UF. UF had the better players but were erratic and inconsistent. They are much more disciplined this year.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by SargeantHooker View Post
    Mac, I have a love/hate relationship with you because I went to FSU. I hate the gators, but I love your avitar pics. With you on this on, gators -3 $220 for $200
    I have a lot of FSU friends and they all hate UF. I like FSU (beautiful woman) and always want the state of Florida to do well in all sports. My friends are just bitter that they couldn't get into UF

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    I really like the play as well, UF has the guards to stay with Jimmer and huge front court advantage for the Gators. Sinece Mormons don't wager the line will probably continue to rise, better take it now.
    Wow, never even considered that. Great point

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

i love this gators team. I think Parsons could go off vs BYU

TPowell

Jimmer went off last year because Florida has NOBODY to guard him. The guards are too little, Parsons MAY be able to guard him but do you risk getting one of your studs into early foul trouble? Jimmer drops AT LEAST 40 in this game IMO

Mac4Lyfe

Jimmer went off last year because Florida has NOBODY to guard him. The guards are too little, Parsons MAY be able to guard him but do you risk getting one of your studs into early foul trouble? Jimmer drops AT LEAST 40 in this game IMO
    Did you miss Kenny Boynton guarding him last year? He did a very good job. UF has always had a guard stopper and Boynton and Wilbekin will work on Jimmer the entire game. Parsons is an average defender. He won't be guarding JF.

TPowell

Boynton is around 6'2 right? Jimmer could shoot over the top of him with ease IMO. He did a very good job? Jimmer scored 39, I admit I didnt watch the game live but....

TRE1968
    TRE1968's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

not so fast my friend

Mac4Lyfe

Boynton is around 6'2 right? Jimmer could shoot over the top of him with ease IMO. He did a very good job? Jimmer scored 39, I admit I didnt watch the game live but....
    He had 27 points in regulation plus the 1st OT. He scored 10 in double OT including 2 big 3's with Boynton on the bench having fouled out. Boynton did a very good job on him. I saw the game and JF got some very generous calls to get him the 27. It wasn't easy.

Fredette needed to take 26 shots to get his points. He was 1-for-6 from 3-point range before hitting those two straight big 3-pointers in the second overtime. What hurt Florida as much was the play of BYU guard Michael Loyd Jr., who scored a career-high 26 points off the bench. Who I don't think is on the team anymore.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Lloyd Jr. went off in that game. He's not on BYU's team this year.

kernssca
    kernssca's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida will win, not a blow out BYU is plaing too good right now

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

i played the over already...

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gaytors are chumps! UF gonna get Jimmered for the 2nd straight year.

CntryBoy
    CntryBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43850

Seems like it should be a tight game, leaning Gators but not sure yet.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Florida will win. I don't think it will be big though. Jimmer is too good to let that happen.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Lloyd Jr. went off in that game. He's not on BYU's team this year.
    So your saying we got a chance...

BigTenBets10
    BigTenBets10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida wins this game, but it will be close. Jimmer can't carry this team the entire tourney. This is the first time BYU has faced an opponent that is remotely near their talent level since they were destroyed by San Diego State. Since that loss they have played Wofford and Gonzaga, two teams that are on par with the better teams in the Mountain West like UNLV and New Mexico. I think that BYU is in for a wake-up call against Florida. Florida is coming together as a team right now, and while BYU will make this a very close game and Jimmer should play well and score points, I don't see them being able to beat Florida. I am putting a sizeable bet on Florida -2.5 got it early before it went to -3

Buried_PIRATE
    Shaved my chest.
    Buried_PIRATE's Avatar Become A Pro!

what would kenny boynton do

Titan_12
    Titan_12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5992

Go Gators!

GoggsViggs
    shinpu tokubetsu kogeki tai
    GoggsViggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

Love the Jimmer.

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Fla wins bigg

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Go gators!

coachkap
    Update your status
    coachkap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1154

which FLORIDA guard sprained his ankle????? was it walker or boynton????

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by coachkap View Post
    which FLORIDA guard sprained his ankle????? was it walker or boynton????
    boynton, but they say he will be ready to go, injured or not

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Quote Originally Posted by SargeantHooker View Post

Went to FSU too. Our boys are making a lot better run than I expected. Not outrageous to see them in the Elite 8

bigp69
    bigp69's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jimmer

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Donovan has had plenty of time to come up with how they will play Jimmer. I bet they run a double team at him as often as possible and it will come down to turnovers and if his team can stay red hot from beyond the 3 point line.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    Since Mormons don't wager the line will probably continue to rise, better take it now.
    Lots of Mormons in Vegas.

kidkonggolf
    Update your status
    kidkonggolf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2543

I luv Florida in this rematch. BOL

mightyminnow
    mightyminnow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

agreed thje gators will be way too much on the boards

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!