Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Can Someone Help Me Out With Sports Betting!

So I'm pretty new to this whole "sports betting" thing. Just the other day I decided to try it out because I'm such an avid sports fan, and I love to gamble.

I don't need advice on what spreads to bet on, and what teams to bet on, but the ways to bet. Such as, is it better to bet the spread or the money line, or do you do one in certain situations? Can someone please give me some advice on sports betting. So far I've been pretty bad at betting on the spreads (lost on ND -14.5, Tennessee -1.5, etc.), but I've had great luck with the NCAA props. Primarily on the "first team to score 10 points," and individual stat props (Derrick Williams over 7.5 rebs, etc.).

Also, do you guys recommend doing parlays or just single bets. And basically what is the best way to make money. I just need some advice on this whole sports betting thing. Thanks.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Give it up now or there will be a ledge with your name written on it.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Also, do you guys recommend doing parlays or just single bets. And basically what is the best way to make money. I just need some advice on this whole sports betting thing. Thanks.
    Well, this is no one "best way" to do it. That's what makes it so fun, and challenging.

One bit of advice is to keep going with the props. If propositions are your best thing, go with them. No one is "making you" take point-spread wagers.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Give it up now or there will be a ledge with your name written on it.
    I cant really tell if your being mean to him or not, but if you are why are you?

my advice to you sir is to pick your spots carefully. You had ND -14.5 you say well... you got an awful number in that spot. I ended up getting a push in the ND game while you ended getting a loss because you grabbed a bad number. As for the Tenn game I was on Michigan ML +125 but that is a situational bet where you just weigh your odds and you felt like Tenn had the better spot their which is alright.

You dont want to become a poster like Starfire though who chases and gets burned all the time with his plays.

I would play the rest of the tourney at a moderate pace and of course you make the big bet during the championship like most people do its inevitable lol. But get ready for the NBA playoffs and the baseball season if you like those sports.

GL though

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    I cant really tell if your being mean to him or not, but if you are why are you?

my advice to you sir is to pick your spots carefully. You had ND -14.5 you say well... you got an awful number in that spot. I ended up getting a push in the ND game while you ended getting a loss because you grabbed a bad number. As for the Tenn game I was on Michigan ML +125 but that is a situational bet where you just weigh your odds and you felt like Tenn had the better spot their which is alright.

You dont want to become a poster like Starfire though who chases and gets burned all the time with his plays.

I would play the rest of the tourney at a moderate pace and of course you make the big bet during the championship like most people do its inevitable lol. But get ready for the NBA playoffs and the baseball season if you like those sports.

GL though
    Thanks for the advice. Yeah so far i'm like 6-1 in player props (Derrick Williams over 7.5 reb, Reeves Nelson over 22.5 pts & rebs, Steven Grey over 14 pts, etc.) and something like 2-4 on spreads (ND -14.5, Tennessee -1.5, etc.). I know certain teams REALLY well, so I usually have a good idea on what how each player will do. But in a lot of the games, I'm not familiar with the teams, so I usually just take the advice of the experts. Last night everyone was saying how Tennessee will beat Michigan, and of course they are wrong and Mich beats Ten by 30.

Any recommendations of parlays vs single bet? And when do you bet the money line vs the spread. And how do parlays typically pay out. That I can't figure out. Thanks.

dotheopposite
    dotheopposite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

Here is a sure bet. A LOCK!!! Whatever you were going to deposit. Don't!! Then you will have won whatever money you were about to lose when you deposit.