bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Uconn loses yet another stud player early to the NBA

I can't blame Rudy Gay for going pro at all. look at all the talent that Uconn lost early in the last 3 years due to the NBA draft.

STORRS, Conn. (AP) - Connecticut forward Rudy Gay is expected to declare for the NBA draft on Monday, forgoing his final two years of college eligibility.

The school scheduled a news conference for Monday afternoon, though team officials did not give a reason. ESPN.com reported that Gay would declare for the draft.

The 6-foot-9 Gay averaged a team-best 15.2 points a game this season, and is projected to be a lottery pick. He also averaged 6.4 rebounds and had a team-high 56 steals for the Huskies (30-4).

The athletic and rangy Gay delighted UConn fans over the past two years with his thunderous dunks, but could never consistently take over a game.

He had a career-high 28 points in the Maui Invitational against Arkansas. He scored 20 in the Huskies' loss to George Mason in the NCAA regional final in Washington.

Gay will be the second underclassmen to leave early for the Huskies this year. Junior Josh Boone has entered himself in the draft but has not hired an agent, allowing him to return to school next season. Junior point guard Marcus Williams is expected to make his decision in the next several days.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't blame him either since he will probably be a lottery pick.

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

This is such a piss poor draft pool any one who feels they should jump should do it w/o 2nd guessing. In a stronger draft pool, this guy would be a mid or late 1st rounder.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

^ I disagree with it being a week draft pool. I think there is a lot of talent to be drafted into the mid-late 1st round. I dont really know where to project him right now, but i dont think Orlando will pass him if hes there.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Gay should definitely convert his name to something Islamic or something, if for the marketing potential alone. Who wants a 'Gay' for a spokesman?

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sometimes when they say its a weak draft class, it turns out to be a strong
    one. I believe Tyrus Thomas will be a 18-10 guy in his 2nd year