bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU's Thomas going pro, but Big Baby is staying

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - LSU freshman forward Tyrus Thomas declared for the NBA draft Monday, while sophomore teammate and Southeastern Conference player of the year Glen Davis said he is coming back to the Tigers.

``When you're hot, you're hot,'' Thomas said of his decision, which comes just three weeks after he and Davis helped the Tigers make the Final Four.

Thomas, the conference's freshman of the year and co-defensive player of the year, signed with an agent Sunday night, a move that ended his college career.

Davis, the athletic and personable inside presence known as ``Big Baby,'' said he still has unfinished business in college.

``There are a lot of things I want to accomplish, not only as a player but as a person,'' Davis said. ``Furthermore, I feel that college is the best time of my life. I feel that staying at LSU will help me mentally and physically. I just want to make it clear that I will be here next year to further my education and to be with family members - my teammates.''

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

way too early for him

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Kornheiser and Wilbon said it best when they said, "All we know for sure that he can do is jump pretty high."

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here comes another Stromile Swift.

If you were him, why not leave. He's a top 5 pick.

It's so sad how pathetic this really is. Most didn't even have the guy on the radar until the tourney. He has about 3 good games and all of a sudden, he's #1 overall. Simply pathetic. Perfect example of why most GM's are complete morons and don't have a clue. It's all about potential with these guys. If he was a 5th year senior with the same talent, allof a sudden he's a miid first rounder.

But to be fair in looking at this class, it is extremely weak and no player from this class looks to ever be an all-star even in a couple years, yet a perennial all star.

Having said that, I'd take my chances with Lamarcus Aldridge with the #1 unless I was team like Phoenix or Miami, then I'd go with JJ, but they'll never be that high so it doesn't matter.

I'd be looking to shop my first rounder if I'm picking in the mid to late lottery for next years first rounder if I can. Far more talent next year and also most importantly if you're trading, it's a deeper draft in 2007. You could potentially get 2 lottery picks in 07 and improve your chances in the Oden sweepstakes.

I've seen Oden play a number of times as he is from Indy as well and when he was a junior and getting all this hype, I thought it was undeserving as he was just a defensive player. He was like a Ben Wallace of high school basketball. But from his junior to senior year, he has improved tremensley and has a number of post moves. Should be a star and he also is humble and has no idea how really good he can be. Absolute lock barring major injury to go #1 in 2007. Probably would of went #1 as a sophomore in the Dwight Howard year on potential alone.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nice post TGO! I agree 100% bud!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i too would agree in regards to your Stromile Swift asessment.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by presley177
    way too early for him
    I agree. I think it's a mistake he's coming out this early.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

This isn't a mistake at all - except that if he stayed, LSU would have been likely to win the national championship next year. Tyrus Thomas will be the best player coming out this year, and it would be insane if he didn't go #1.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would take a 75% Tyrus thomas over a 100% JJ redick!!