Djtrikee
    Djtrikee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Djtrikee NCAA Bracket Thread!!

I am going to make a thread, follow at your own risk...But I am making this for my own record and see how I fair. I have been following WizBeantown and Ayo and Sonny thread and Like their picks, and I have a great NBA record, and will be starting a MLB thread. Been good so far in conference tourney spread. Lets see how I do in bracket play

This Thread is for Djtrikee and LBJFAN1923..We both are great cappers and will be posting our picks. We will take great advice and other peoples picks too

First thing I wanna say is that I have Louisville Winning it all. I can explain why if anyone has any doubts. Will post plays for NIT, CBI, and official Tourney.
    Last edited by Djtrikee; 03-14-11 at 01:05 PM.

Djtrikee

I am liking Marquette game, I think they can move a few spots, Same with syracuse, I think they have a chance to pull a big upset on OSU. Waiting for the lines to come out and I can see what looks good. Starting with 400 dollars. I am trying to get to 4,000.

Djtrikee

Some interesting Facts before we start this betting thread out.

Don't pick a No. 1 seed to lose its first game. In the past 26 years, since the field expanded to 64 teams, No. 1 seeds are 104-0 against No. 16s, and rarely are the games close. In the past four tourneys, not only have all but one of the 16 such meetings been decided by 16 points or more, but the average margin of victory for the No. 1s has been 29.3 points (14 of the 16 games have been decided by 20 or more). The last time a 1-versus-16 game was decided by single digits was 1997. looks like ill be parlaying these 1 seeds by spread Although teams like Robert Morris (versus Villanova), Cal State Northridge (versus Memphis) and Belmont (versus Duke) have put scares into No. 2 seeds the past three years, No. 15 seeds have gone winless in the past nine years now (0-36). That's the longest drought for No. 15s since the field expanded to 64 teams in 1985. The only 15-seed to win in the past 13 tournaments is Hampton in 2001, when the Pirates took out Iowa State in Boise. When you're trying to maximize points in your bracket, it's just not mathematically sound to pin your hopes to a No. 15.

Djtrikee

Looks like all the first seeds should cover

Djtrikee

So, how many upsets should you pick? Last year marked the second straight year in which there were 10 upsets according to seed. That's interesting when you consider that a double-digit number of upsets occurred just four times in the first 30 years of seeding. During the past 10 years, there have been an average of eight per year. And if you're curious about highs and lows, the record for the most such upsets is 13 in 2001, and the fewest is three in 2000
    just itching to make a statement, take a hard look at the 13s and 14s to see if any matchups catch your eye. There may not be more than one such upset, but historically, it's a good bet that one of those lower seeds will win. Only four times since 1985 have all of the top four seeds in each region survived the round of 64, with the last time being in 2007. Last year marked the third straight year -- and eighth in the past 10 -- in which a No. 13 seed won a game, when Murray State upended Vanderbilt.
    If you're familiar with the NCAA tournament, you're probably well aware that No. 12 seeds are the main targets for bracketeers in search of an early-round upset, and with good reason. In only three of the past 26 years have No. 12 seeds failed to win a round-of-64 game (1988, 2000, 2007). Cornell was the only No. 12 to win last year, but the Big Red advanced to the Sweet 16, making it nine of the past 10 years that 12-seeds have combined to win at least two games. Since 1985, No. 12s have actually won more games in the round of 64 and round of 32 than No. 11 seeds.

lbjfan1923
    lbjfan1923's Avatar Become A Pro!

Me and Djtrikee will be making many picks daily so you better get your dancing shoes on and be ready to make a lot of cash. Starting on Thursday Djtrikee will be doing work on the first round games and also make some early plays. I will be starting on Friday. Make sure to follow us as we make some money.

Djtrikee

LOUISVILLE WINS IT ALL

Write up: They have it all. Can they beat the best..YES.. they beat ND twice, Uconn twice, Pitt, syracuse. they are all 1,2,3, Top seeds. Can they shoot the 3...YES... Marra, Kurric, Knowles, Siva. They can shoot lights out on any given day. Do they have a player that can take over a game? YES Preston Knowles can do it all, and can light up the scoreboard. Can they score in tranisition? YES Siva is a great PG, and he can move the ball and push it out to any of the shooters or he can get it to the hole himself. Do they have a Inside Presence? YES Jennings a great underrated player who is a beast under basket. He gets a lot of AND 1's and he can get OFF Rebs. Can they come back from a deficit? YES..Just ask Uconn and Notre Dame, yes they lost to Uconn but they were up 1 with less than minute left.

They just went up against the best closer in the game and Marra missing that FT. just a small mistake. There losses in OT
    Notre Dame twice
    Pitt
    Uconn

Those are all potential wins too.

playr101
    playr101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1511

1st round parlay: Duke, Kansas, Ohio St., Pitt
    #1 seeds to all cover the spread?

interesting

-playr101

Djtrikee

I like that. Those teams they are playing...They can all win by more than 22 points. I like Louisville -9.5 spread and Uconn and syracuse has a spread of like around 10 too

sonnybaby
    sonnybaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 942

what up my slime see u got ur own thing now bol

Djtrikee

Thanks Sonny...Lets make some serious cash in this tourney

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

You think Louisville will be able to get by Kansas if they were to meet in the Sweet 16?

My guess is no.

moses27
    moses27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9108

i do think the #1 seeds cover easy

Djtrikee

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    You think Louisville will be able to get by Kansas if they were to meet in the Sweet 16?

My guess is no.

What happened to Kansas Last yr? Morris brothers are good, real good. But I think Louisville have much more overall all around depth. Throw Kansas in that Big East Schedule and there record will have more than 2 losses.

lbjfan1923
    lbjfan1923's Avatar Become A Pro!

People stop hating on Djtrikee. Anything can happen in the tourney and we all know this. Well I am going to tell you my pick and why I think they win. Yes I am a buckeyes fan but I think this is the year they win it all. Buckeyes will have a tough test against nova 2nd round but will win that because they are a better shooting team then nova. Nova is a very streaky team who is either hot or just cold. Then Ohio State will play a young Kentucky team. They should beat them as well Kentucky just lost to Florida by 12 when Ohio State beat Florida earlier in the season I see no struggle in that game. Then they will play cuse with there 3-2 defense. Here is my thing about this defense as we remember cuse against louisville. Louisville just drained the 3's all day on that defense. I believe Ohio State is the best shooting team in this tourney. You have Diebler who is one of the best 3 point shooters in NCAA. Then you have Buford who can create and make his own shots when he is on watch out. Then lastly you have the 5 year man in Lighty who can also drain the 3. I see the bucks winning again to go to the final four. I have them playing against Texas in this game. Texas will match up very well with the Buckeyes size wise but when it comes to shooting Texas is just to streaky of a shooting team. I see them keeping it a close game but the Buckeyes will pull it out late in the game. Then in the Championship game they will play Kansas. The Buckeyes have 3 seniors who are dieing to win it all in Diebler Lighty and Lauerdale. This is the year for them to win it all I think the Morris twins will hurt the buckeyes but I believe there outside shooting will out play Kansas. My pick is The Ohio State University as your 2011 NCAA Basketball Champs.

Djtrikee

Official Play: Louisville -9.5

Starting it off with my Squad to win by 10 or more against Moorehead St. I might put a bet in for all Number 1 seeds to cover...will wait to see any line movements. Can't wait to see over and unders.

Djtrikee

Official Play: Penn St +2.5

Penn St will come out and win this game. They play a tougher schedule, and play better on the road. How many teams can say they can walk into OSU's Court and only lose by 3, or Purdue's Court and lost by 1. Beating Winconsin twice and Mich St. This team is hungry and wants to put themselves on the Big Ten map. Great Defense along with Battle leading the way here.

Djtrikee

Official Play: Pittsburgh -18

This is more of a trend type bet in the 2nd rd. What I mentioned earlier about the number 1 seeds all winning easily and over 80 percent of the time its be 20 or more points, well this line will suggest that this will happen as well. Pitt is just too tough on defense and will just take over.

Djtrikee

Official Play Winconsin ML

I am rolling with Winconsin here, as most people have this as Upset Special. Can you not ignore the fact that Belmont commits most fouls in all of College Basketball at around 20 per game, and Winconsin is the Best FT shooting team with most of the team shooting around 80 percent or higher. Yea, Belmont is experienced and wanna win this game, but come on...unless they commit 15 or less fouls here, they won't win. With Taylor and Leuer taking over the game and with FT's at the end of the game, I think they pull off this win and avoid Upset