ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Conference Tourney Picks

What's up fellas. Wanted to get some discussion going about some conference tourney plays today. I've been killing them so far, so hopefully that will keep up. I know a lot of the lines are still coming out, but I have a few plays that I like so far.

Illinois -3 vs. Michigan: I think Michigan is a bit overvalued here. I know they have been playing better and are fighting to get into the tourney, but I think Illinois is the better team and they always play well in the Big Ten tournament. I think Illinois size is a big advantage too.

Syracuse -3.5 vs. Uconn: Again, I think Uconn is a bit over valued here. Syracuse has already beat Uconn twice this year, and Uconn is playing their 4th game in as many days. The thing with Uconn is they come and go by how Kemba Walker plays. If they shut him down or he has a bad shooting day, Uconn loses.

Leans: Northwestern +13 against Ohio State. Ohio State beat Northwestern by 1 in their only meeting this year. It was a hard fought game and if Sullinger didn't have such a huge game, OSU would have lost. I live in Columbus and am a huge fan, but I think this number is too high.

Also, the line isn't out yet, but I'm looking for New Mexico to beat BYU (again). I will be interested to see what that line comes out at, and don't be surprised to see BYU only small favorites.

More to come as the lines come out. Lets hear what you guys think and what games you like.
    Last edited by ouman101; 03-11-11 at 09:41 AM.

CharlestonCock
    Achilles tendon rupture SUCKS!!!
    CharlestonCock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Im pretty sure Syracuse and Uconn only played once this year. The Win for Syracuse ended a 4 game losing streak, so they were in a must win situation. Walker was held to 10 points that game. Uconn is hot right now, especially Walker. I know this will be Uconn's 4th straight but got to think this one goes down to the wire.

ouman101

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonCock View Post
    Im pretty sure Syracuse and Uconn only played once this year. The Win for Syracuse ended a 4 game losing streak, so they were in a must win situation. Walker was held to 10 points that game. Uconn is hot right now, especially Walker. I know this will be Uconn's 4th straight but got to think this one goes down to the wire.
    Yeah, you're right, they only played once. The other game I was looking at was from last season.

I agree, I think it will be close. I honestly just don't buy into Uconn. I don't like teams where they have to live and die by one player. My only loss yesterday was going against them with Pitt. So maybe they'll prove me wrong two days in a row.

ouman101

Two more plays:

New Mexico +5 vs BYU
    Colorado +12 vs. Kansas

BYU just isn't the same team since the infamous "loyalty code" violation. Honestly, they could have lost to TCU yesterday and New Mexico just beat BYU a week or two ago. I'll be laying a little on the ML for this one as well.

Colorado has been hot of late and I look for this one to stay close. Colorado is making their bid for the NCAA, although, I think they are probably already in after their win yesterday vs KState. Kansas on the other hand is coasting and won't lose much, if anything, by losing or barely getting by.

Michael Ferro
    Michael Ferro's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the last two Kansas looked terrible yesterday and BYU, well what you said. Syracuse struggled while UConn seems to have hit tourney form at the right time, but walker is the main man. He's very confident right now. bol

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1170

i like your plays.good.luck.

ouman101

Adding another play:

Northwestern +7 First Half

ouman101

Well 1-0 on the Northwestern 1H play, and 1-0 on the NW +13 lean.

I'll add Mississippi +9 vs Kentucky coming up here at 3:30