Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Conference Tourny strategy with $300 (need a strategy)

Okay guys.... I will allow my self to risk $300 this week b/c I want to save some cheese for the NCAA tourny. What is the best strategy?

Should I take St Johns at +650 to win the Big East ?

Ohio State to win Big 10 Tourny at -125 odds?

Do some ML parlays?

Bet on underdogs straight up against the spread? Aren't there always a lot of upsets in the Conference Tournys?

CrimsonQueen
    CrimsonQueen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1660

Yeah... there will be upsets in the Big East tourney... all the top teams (11/16) are already in the Big Dance... they have no real reasons to play days straight to tire themselves out before the REAL tourney begins. The bottom 5 teams, Seton Hall/DePaul especially, they look like they are about as good as Marquette/Villanova on good days (much worse on others)...but they actually have a real fighting chance to win the tourney in my opinion, because they HAVE to. I didn't look at the odds yet... but I wouldn't take teams like St. John's in the middle of the pack (even though they are at home) because I think either Pitt or Notre Dame is gonna take it down... or you'll see a crazy "upset" of Seton Hall or Rutgers making it a couple rounds deep and taking a shot at the title... only to lose to Notre Dame or Pitt.

I just looked at The Greek and they have "the field" at +3000... I wish I had money on there because I would absolutely take that looking to hedge it if a team makes it 2 rounds deep.