agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Trying to use Bodog's terrible lines to my advantage

I haven't done any hard research on this yet but I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are about my idea. As I'm sure you're all aware, Bodog takes forever and a day to post spreads and totals for their games (if they post them at all). On top of that, they only post moneylines an hour or two before tipoff (once again, if they post them at all).

One thing I've started noticing is that Bodog seems to only post moneylines on games they think the favorite has a chance to lose straight up. Examples: Ohio State and Michigan State were double digit favorites @ NW and at home vs IU, respectively. In both games, OSU and MSU were -650 favorites. Both teams won by a single point, MSU in overtime. Yet there have been plenty of games where the spread was less than 10 points and no moneyline, like last week when UNC was -6 @ NC State and UNC won comfortably in a game that was never in doubt even when NC State was up 10 early.

So my idea is, take the underdog and the points in any game where Bodog posts a moneyline. Thoughts?

trickboy
    trickboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

interesting perspective. ill help you eye that. i have a bodog account and totally experience the bs every day. i have noticed that their lines usually favor the dog period. i recently tailed justin7 spreadsheet in ncca bb. his system only plays dogs and i had some nice success betting the bodog underdog favored lines.

Mr. Green
    Mr. Green's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4048

In college basketball, they only post moneylines, totals, and second half bets on televised games...nothing to do with what they think the outcome will be. Only has to do with whether the game is televised or not

As you can tell, I thought the same before I realized how they do it
    Last edited by Mr. Green; 02-28-11 at 04:46 PM.

Small Timer
    Small Timer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

Interesting to track at the very least, tonight would be a good start with Texas and Notre Dame games.

Mr. Green
    Mr. Green's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4048

I should also add they don't post MLs for spreads over 10 or so..

Small Timer
    Small Timer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Green View Post
    They only post moneylines and totals, in college basketball, on televised games...nothing to do with what they think the outcome will be

As you can tell, I thought the same before I realized how they do MLs and totals
    Silly me

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

They will start to give you a different line, if you are only playing dogs.

You dont even have to win. The red flag those that take advantage of their horrendous lines.
    In other words, Bodog deals dual lines.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post

One thing I've started noticing is that Bodog seems to only post moneylines on games they think the favorite has a chance to lose straight up.
    This is absolutely not true. That's not how Bodog selects which games to post MLs for.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Also, please don't think you're the first to have the idea of betting underdogs on Bodog's.

The "square lineset" gets yanked so fast if you try to bet underdogs...

Forget about it.