head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Why isn't Terrence Jennings a bigger part of Louisville's offense?

I understand Louisville's team is primarily built on speed and perimeter shooting but this guy seems extremely efficient and once established on the block should start to draw double teams and stretch the floor even more for the outside shooters...

His Last 5 Games:
    2/16 @ Cincinnati- 14 PTS (7-10 FG) 4 REB
    2/12 vs Syracuse- 13 PTS (5-9 FG) 7 REB
    2/9 @ Notre Dame- 14 PTS (7-11 FG) 7 REB
    2/5 vs DePaul- 10PTS (5-8 FG) 8 REB
    1/31 @ Georgetown- 18PTS (8-12 FG) 7 REB

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4733

Nobody doubles him. He gets alot of stuff out of the pick and roll/ offense rebounds. His back to the basket game isn't good enough yet.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Because he is a garbage guy, and not in a negative term.

He get his points on break downs from the defense, offensive rebounds, and trailing fast breaks for uncontested dunks. He is not going to create his own offense, but is very athletic as he runs the floor well.

He should not be passed the ball in order to create for others, since he will not create his own shot. If he has to dribble game over. He is a fine player, and his athleticism allows him to thrive in this offense. Think of him as a more athletic version of Gary Mcgee, C for Pittsburgh.

head_strong

Agree his back to the basket game can/will improve, when he turns and faces is where I think he has an advantage, his 1st step is quick enough to get by most low post defenders or draw a foul.

head_strong

big fella looks like he came to play...Bob Knight just said they are going to have to start doubling Jennings.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

jesus christ, there is no way thats Terrence Jennings!!!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I don't even know where to start. Kid was 4 star recruit coming out of high school.... I could go into alot about his effort and confidence but its not worth it. Bottom line is the kid is sky high with confidence right now and that's all it takes in ricky's attack... The average college basketball fan/gambler has no idea what this team has been through this year... And It's not my place/Mood to speak upon it now...

Lol, wait for Blackshear, Chane, Angel, Purvis, Ryan, Woody, Chan,

Ha, Ya'll have no clue....

We're cutting down nets,

sicky123
    sicky123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I don't even know where to start. Kid was 4 star recruit coming out of high school.... I could go into alot about his effort and confidence but its not worth it. Bottom line is the kid is sky high with confidence right now and that's all it takes in ricky's attack... The average college basketball fan/gambler has no idea what this team has been through this year... And It's not my place/Mood to speak upon it now...

Lol, wait for Blackshear, Chane, Angel, Purvis, Ryan, Woody, Chan,

Ha, Ya'll have no clue....

We're cutting down nets,
    We will wait for those recruits, and you should as well.

When is the last time a lville recruit came in, and played as he was expected to ?

Been a while.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Terrence Williams? Earl Clark? Jerry Smith? Edgar Sosa? All of these guys started and played huge roles as underclassmen, as did Samardo Samuels

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Earl Clark?

Lol, the King of average at everything, but no discernible strengths.

sicky123
    sicky123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Terrence Williams? Earl Clark? Jerry Smith? Edgar Sosa? All of these guys started and played huge roles as underclassmen, as did Samardo Samuels
    Yea ? What about them ?

None of those players ever came in playing up to their hype.

Sosa never really panned out. Solid starter, but nowhere near what was expected.
    Smith was a good starter for most teams, and a good 6th man on a top 10 team.
    Clark/Twill had never played to their expected potential till their last years (pitino worked a miracle with twill at that)
    Samuels wasn't anything special at all. Not sure he is even playing now.. overseas is it ?