EX4life
    EX4life's Avatar Become A Pro!

College Hoops Tuesday

Another profitable day yesterday, going 6-3, +3.2u

YTD 132-119, +6.8u

Looking over all the games now, feeling confident about how it will go today.

So I say again, whose ready to make some damn money tonight?!?!?!

EX4life

VCU -1.5 *
    J Mad -7.5 *
    Toledo +14 *
    UNCG +12 *

EX4life

Ohio/Buff U144 **

EX4life

WF @ UNC

When Tom Brady came back from his injury almost 2 years ago, everybody was expecting him and the Pats to immediately get back to their form of dominance as they had in the past. That didnt happen right away, and everybody started to draw the conclusion that the Pats were done and Bradys career was over... and that was after only the first 2 games or so. The same thing has happened to Michael Vick, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, etcccccccc. Which brings me to the North Carolina Tarheels. I hope I can go back and find my thread I started at the beginning of the year, saying that I predict that UNC would make it to the Sweet 16 this year, depending on match-ups and what not. They started off sluggish, and Barnes did not produce (along with the rest of his teammates) at the level everybody had projected him/them to do, leading to immediate suspicion and negativity surrounding the 2010/11 UNC Basketball Program. It takes a while to get used to a new situation, I dont care who you are or who you play for, its tough. Now put Barnes in the situation he is in, and your almost destined to trip up early on and fail to meet those immediate expectations. I have very much noticed a fire lit under UNC ever since they were embarrassssed @ Georgia Tech. Since then, UNC has gone 6-1 SU (7-0 ATS), and arguably should have beaten Duke last week (great comeback by Duke, but credit MUST be given to the Tarheels as well).

UNC is avg 78.2 ppg (PA 67.9ppg), while avg 82.3ppg at home (PA 67.4ppg). In ACC play so far, UNC is avg 74.9ppg (PA 67.9ppg), while scoring an average of 78ppg in ACC play @ home (PA 64.8ppg). They have just come back home from a decently hard 2-game road trip, losing to Duke, then beating Clemson over the weekend. You better believe The Dome will be rockin tonight, as the fans will definitely show their support for their young team, especially after the Tarheels showed great heart @ Duke. The last 3 home games in ACC play havent even been very close. UNC has averaged 82.7ppg over those 3 games, giving up 66ppg to their opponents (FL St, NCST, and Clemson). These Tarheel boys are hungry, and I imagine they will be playing at an even higher level than they have been, and will not stop that level of intensity until probably around ACC tournament time.

WF, on the other hand, needs to find out if Tim Duncan has a younger brother or cousin so that they can try and recruit him lol. They are pitiful this year. Folks, WF has lost at home to Stetson by 10, at home to Winthrop by 9, at home to Presbyterian by 2, and on a neutral court to UNCW by 12. Here is a list of the teams that they have beaten to accumulate their measly 8-17 record: Hampton, Elon, Marist, Iowa, Holy Cross, UNCG, High Point, and Virginia. On the road in ACC play, WF is averaging only 60.8ppg, giving up 86.8ppg... those games being @ Maryland, @ FLST, @ Georgia Tech, @ VT, and @ NCST. I just do not see how WF will stay within the given line, but I will admit, if there is a team that would let them hang around for a while, it would be UNC.

Pick:

UNC -22.5 **

EX4life

Wis GB +4 *
    Jac St +5.5 *
    Bradley +2.5 **
    Drake +14 **

EX4life

St Johns/Marq O140.5 *
    Mich St +12 *