ksatch
    Stripper Faceplant
    ksatch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3052

Arizona vs ASU...thoughts and leans

the line opened up at Zona -5.5 on the road. I know that ASU shot 55% from the field and lost by 11 at their last meeting at Zona. Line was +11.5 for ASU, so they covered by the hook. It seems to me ASU had a decent game (seeing they only have one Pac10 win SU this year), and the only reason Zona didn't cover was the above average field goal percentage from the Sun Devils. Zona is better on paper, but I know this is a Rivalry game on the road. But doesn't this line still seem a bit low. Shouldn't if have opened at 7.5 or 8.5. Zona's road record is decent. Any insight?

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree but the problem is rivalry games for favorites on the road is not very kind. I think this is a stay away. Look at UNC Vs. Duke, Texas vs Texas AM, Wash vs Wash st just off the top of my head, Texas was the only who covered.

GTforme
    Saving the planet... one wager @ a time!
    GTforme's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsFallApart View Post
    I agree but the problem is rivalry games for favorites on the road is not very kind. I think this is a stay away. Look at UNC Vs. Duke, Texas vs Texas AM, Wash vs Wash st just off the top of my head, Texas was the only who covered.
    Good point TFA...

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25088

Playing Arizona on the ML...good luck!

cappinthepigs
    cappinthepigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Yep, what he said!

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Its Pac-10 basketball. Anyone can lose to anyone. Washington got swept by the Oregon schools than hung 109 points on Cal. Arizona lost to Oregon State. USC just lost to Oregon at home, the same team that nearly beat Kansas and crushed Texas.