Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Wisconsin Is Not Built For The Tournament

Saying this now as they are at their peak of hype/respect, and Vegas could overrate them on the side as a 2/3 seed. I would not buy much into it and it might be smart to fade them in tournament.

Sure they can win in Big Ten and at home, but not in torney. If this were a neutral court, Wisconsin loses by 10+ today.

Ask yourself why their best run in 9 years under Bo Ryan was 1 Elite 8 in 04-05. He's only been to Sweet 16 two other years. They have not made it past the 1st weekend in 4 of the last 5 years.

Their defense is usually solid, but their offense absolutely kills them come tourney time.

Outside Taylor and Leur, they have zero players who can drive and create shots. Their only real offensive sets basically revolve around ball screens with Leur/Nakavil and Taylor. Considering this, they depend heavily on 3s and outside shots. Away from home, they often hit massive droughts. We saw that here today against OSU. They were down 13, were getting poor ball movement, poor shot attempts, and weren't hitting anything. If Taylor didn't those two 3s to get the momentum and crowd back in it, they lose this game.

Away from home, these droughts will and always have buried them, particularly in the tourney. Look at last year as a #4 seed and 10 point favs to #13 Wofford, only won 53-49 and had to fight for their lives. They shot just 37% and needed Leur to bail them out with a late 3. Then they played #12 Cornell, and lost 69-87, getting run out of the building to an Ivy League school.

There's something about this team under Ryan that they will overachieve in regular season, then just tank in the tourney. See it year after year.
    Last edited by Sunde91; 02-12-11 at 03:53 PM.

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4733

I thought Leur got hurt and didn't play last season. I didn't know he made it back for the tourney.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Are they ever?

Look at Bo's track record in the NCAA Tournament. It's horrendous.

dozer
    dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!

neither is louisville. they stand no chnace to get past sweet 16. their bigs suck. the first game they dont hit 50% from 3 they are done.

swaindexter
    swaindexter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4563

Always the same with them. Agree with you.

Ca$hfloW
    Ca$hfloW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Quote Originally Posted by dozer View Post
    neither is louisville. they stand no chnace to get past sweet 16. their bigs suck. the first game they dont hit 50% from 3 they are done.
    This is the truth.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

don't count this louisville team out, kids play great together... And our bigs are improving and gettin healthy, oh and btw we this guy rick pitino.

Also I think wiscy has a chance to make a run... i could see them in the final 4, they don't ever beat themselves...

bol

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

There isn't a bigger fraud team come March.

Players disapear, offensive rythm drops to zero away from home, Ryan is a joke.

If the books don't wise up and still give them like -10 vs. a 13/14 seed like last year, fade city.

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12521

that was one bad offense Badgers/horrible shooting 29%/ goodbye and yuk!

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Are they ever?

This

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

What 33 points in a 40 minute game!!! Are you fukking serious!!!

ukbsktbll
    ukbsktbll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Reason why cornell ran all over them last yr

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I thought my scoreboard messed up and the Wisconsin score tonight was the halftime score.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by dozer View Post

officepoolguy
    officepoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Wisconsin will have trouble come tourney time.

GOB
    GOB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3770

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Are they ever?

Exactly. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody. They're a team that beats everybody in Madison, but are extremely average anywhere else.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

only lost in 1st round once in 9 years at Wisky, ALL OF THOSE YEARS THEY WENT TO THE NCAA TOURNY. 2 Sweet 16's and an Elite 8 isn't bad for 9 years.

GOB
    GOB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3770

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    only lost in 1st round once in 9 years at Wisky, ALL OF THOSE YEARS THEY WENT TO THE NCAA TOURNY. 2 Sweet 16's and an Elite 8 isn't bad for 9 years.
    I'm not sure why you're emphasizing that they made the tourney in all 9 years, Nobody is questioning Bo's regular season track record, but by emphasizing that it makes your final point considerably less impressive. Wisky has made it past the first weekend 1/3 of the time. Considering their past seeds, that's pretty so-so.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I thought my scoreboard messed up and the Wisconsin score tonight was the halftime score.
    No you saw it right. This was the score of the Football teams Spring game.