clc49
    clc49's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Kansas

The line opened at -10 and its common knowledge that Selby is out, but yet the line is now up to -11...

Josh Selby 12.0 ppg 2.8 rpg 3.2 apg 1.2 spg

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

line has been 10.5 for a long time now

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

There are no legitimate contenders to Kansas and Texas in the Big XII this year, just like there is no legitimate contender to Ohio State in the Big Ten and no legitimate contender to Duke in the ACC (although UNC might have experienced addition by subtraction by dumping Larry Drew, we'll find out Wednesday night.).

Mizzou plays a really ugly brand of defense that involves fouling a lot so expect lots of open layups off beating the press and 30+ free throws for Kansas. As for Mizzou, it depends on how many of the 3s they jack up go in. Mizzou *might* have a chance at home but at Allen Fieldhouse, KU by 15+.

clc49

ah my bad i saw it at 10 last night and when i just checked it was 11 i was just curious why the spread would go up when one of kansas' better players is out....

When did the news on selby come out... was it last night or earlier

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by clc49 View Post
    ah my bad i saw it at 10 last night and when i just checked it was 11 i was just curious why the spread would go up when one of kansas' better players is out.... When did the news on selby come out... was it last night or earlier
    Selby news is old, he didn't play against Huskers and they press like Mizzou.

clc49

that explains it then...

BlastByou
    BlastByou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kansas -10.5 is strong play imo

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I see Kansas blowing Mizzu outta the water like Texas did A&M. This line should be more but isnt because Mizzu is ranked imo

mrmann1
    mrmann1's Avatar Become A Pro!

KU for sure can blow out most teams they will face...but the thing I don't like, is that mizz only got beat by Texas by 13 points. At Texas. I know 13 is alot, and the spread here is 11...but isn't Texas a better squad, even if only by a small margin? And on top of that, the starting point gaurd is out, I know everyone says its not a big deal....any thoughts?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by firehoyt View Post
    I see Kansas blowing Mizzu outta the water like Texas did A&M. This line should be more but isnt because Mizzu is ranked imo
    You realize KU has struggled at home with the likes of Nebraska, USC, and UCLA right? They also got dominated in the second half by Texas.

Mizzou is better than all of those teams. Mizzou is probably the third best team in the Big 12. I think that can keep this game within 11.