No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

How do you bet a college O/U?

So I take the under 71.5 in the 2H of the LT/FSU game for the hell of it (actually it was 72, but changed to 71.5 before I clicked confirm).

With 1:34 left, it was 64-59.

There were 13 points in the last 1:34, pushing it over by 0.5.

Totals are a joke in college. The fouling and FT's in the last minute are out of control bad.

eatdust11
    eatdust11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

I like betting totals in college hoops and I do well with them overall.. but there is no doubt that the fouling and free throws at the end are just ridiculous sometimes.. I've seen teams score 20 points in the last minute of the game because of it... the worst is when teams continually foul when they are down like 12-14 points and there is 30 seconds or so left.. I'm always thinking.. really?? Clueless.

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you're betting with a bookie that changes your bet between the time you click your bet and the time to confirm, then you're a complete fool. I would love to be your bookie.

Power Play
    Power Play's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    So I take the under 71.5 in the 2H of the LT/FSU game for the hell of it (actually it was 72, but changed to 71.5 before I clicked confirm).

With 1:34 left, it was 64-59.

There were 13 points in the last 1:34, pushing it over by 0.5.

Totals are a joke in college. The fouling and FT's in the last minute are out of control bad.
    One of the reasons I never quite could get the totals capping down. However if you follow the fouling patterns of a particular team it might be helpful. Some coaches loves to foul end of game no matter what; something that they almost never do in the NBA.

kgindy
    kgindy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4845

The valp at ysu game was the wiredest ever. Neither team would foul in a 1-2pt game ended up scoring a combined 4 pts or less in the final 4.5 minutes. Then it still went ot.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Keano Davis. Will foul his way from losing by 5 to 20.

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I like totals. The key is to pick your spots, and knowing a teams foul history is certainly useful. If you take the time and look deep enough, the totals can be a good way to make money. A personal rule of thumb for me is to never play a total when the two teams play opposing styles. Thats when it really becomes a coinflip.

Vaioice
    Update your status
    Vaioice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

u play the over on the highest total, and the under on the lowest total. just like the NBA =p but the 1H compensation is different, gotta becareful there.

-vai

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Keano Davis. Will foul his way from losing by 5 to 20.
    last year, in one game, Keano had his team foul three times with the shot clock off and down 12+.

i love college totals. you have to know the coaches and cap the game to account for FTs. some types of games have a ton of FTs, others very few. it's not that different than capping the spread, in that you have to cap the spread to cap the total, i think, and you have to account for FT shooting either way. as for 1H/2H totals, i have different rules for those.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Vaioice View Post
    u play the over on the highest total, and the under on the lowest total. just like the NBA =p but the 1H compensation is different, gotta becareful there.

-vai

Huh?! Do you mean play the under on the highest total and play the over on the lowest total?! Could you explain? Reasoning?!