CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

What Have We Learned THIS WEEK ?

CollegeOverUnder's What Have We Learned This Week

Hi everyone were in the month of February now. With March Madness just around the corner pieces are starting to fall together and it's time to start picking teams we are ready to back. I will be releasing a write up on the BUBBLE TEAMS either tonight or some time later this week. But for now lets take a look at what happened this week.

Texas went into A@M Monday night and posted a slaughter winning 69-49. This Longhorn team is as legit as it gets apparently. I wasnt a believer until recently. I look to see this team making a run into the Final 4 come March.

Louisville @ Georgetown was a crazy game but the HOYAS found a way to pull it off. I personally think the HOYAS suck though and will NOT back them in the first round of the NCAAs. I still expect them to lose in round 1 if not round 1 round 2.

Fairfield has posted another good week in the MAAC and are the Kings of the Conference right now. Posting a victory over Canisius and IONA this week moving to 11-1. Bravo Stags. There BRACKETBUSTER match up is against the OVC Conference Leaders currently the Austin Peay Governors. Fairfield hosts the matchup though and this will be a much better match up then expected.

SWAC action has Texas Southern leading the way at 8-1 in Conference play but currently have Jackson St, Mississippi Valley St, Alabama A@M, and not to forget a possible surprise team like Pine Bluff trying to steal the bid.

Purdue @ Wisconsin was a tustle at the top of the B10 during the early part of the week on Super Tuesday. Purdue struggled to get to the freethrow line @ Wisconsin. And was only given 9 attempts and converted on 8 of them. While Wisconsin got to the line 16 times and converted on 13 of them. This is not a bad loss for the BoilerMakers though.

Illinois Basketball going through another rough week. The Illini posted a much needed win over the Nittany Lions but then turned around and lost to Northwestern. I do have Penn St. projected in my bracket right now though to make the NCAA tourney this year. I still have high hopes in this Illini team though.

North Carolina @ Boston College ended up being a complete train wreck for BC. UNC got a huge win to help them move up in the ACC.

Virginia Tech @ Boston College ended up going Boston College's way though and the Eagles finally got back on track. I currently have BC projected back in the NCAA tourney this year.

Minnesota @ Indiana- This ended up being a huge upset while the Hoosiers posted a signature win for the program, but then lost @ home to IOWA.

Missouri as a team still sucks will always suck and will never win the Big 12. This team was overrated out of there asses coming into the season and wont do any damage in the NCAA.

BYU posted another successful week defeating Wyoming and UNLV sweeping the Rebels. Job well done BYU. I also noticed that Jimmer actually had help from his teammates against the Rebels and that is the quality help he needs for this team to make a run into the NCAAs.

Washington @ Oregon St. The Beavers posted an interesting upset and I will say though I havnt been paying to close attention to PAC 10 Ball this year. I have noticed UCLA but other then that I havnt been watching to much Pac 10 Ball.

BUTLER lost by 2 points at Youngstown St and then turned around by posting a win over Cleveland St. This Butler team is strange. Im not quite sure if they will make it into the NCAAs as of right now. I currently have Valparaiso and Cleveland St going to the dance. The big stat to take into consideration is that a Horizion League team mostly all Butler but has won a game in the NCAA the past 6 years.

Belmont- Will the Bruins make a mis step and lose out on there only hopes of getting into the NCAA. They managed to pull off to squeakers this week against Jacksonville and North Florida. The League has caught up to them and have adjusted to the play of the Bruins. Lets keep an eye on this.

UTAH STATE- I really dont think this team is all that good to be honest. I do realize they are rolling teams over but they wont beat St. Marys in the Headline BracketBuster game. Lets be real about this. Utah State will lose to the Gaels and the Gaels will build their resume up. Whlie the Aggies roll everyone over in the weak WAC. As of right now I will not back them in the NCAA tourney but this is going to depend on a huge match up. As I can see them drawing a Penn St. or Boston College in round 1. If that is the case the Aggies go home in round 1.

Well I was waiting to release this to see what happened in the Florida Kentucky game and its official Florida has earned my respect. And after watching Kentucky I still highly dislike Kentucky but can see them making some sort of noise in the NCAA also. Florida just posted a very good week taking down Vanderbilt and Kentucky now.

Im not watching the Arizona @ California game but it went into triple overtime apparently with Arizona winning 107-105.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

1. UConn might have beat Seton Hall, but they're starting to play like the team everyone picked 10th in the Big East.

2. The wheels have completely fallen off Illinois and Michigan State.

3. Until BYU fixes their defense, SDSU is still the best team in the Mountain West.

4. New Mexico is a whole new team now that Drew Gordon is eligible.

5. That thud you heard was the door slamming shut on Gonzaga and Butler's at-large hopes.

6. Kentucky is dangerously close to going 1-7 in road conference games.

7. Tennessee is the best team in the SEC.

8. But Alabama is going to win the SEC Tournament.

9. NEVER BET ON ROAD FAVORITES!

10. See #9.

11. See #9.

12. Ohio State won't go undefeated.

13. UNC is a better team without Larry Drew holding them back.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

gotta say nice opinion write ups by both of you guys!

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

This is such a down year for college basketball. No dominant conferences. Acc is in shambles, big 12 is god awful. I don't think I've ever seen a weaker top 25. This is going to be a wild ride.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I doubt BC gets in. I doubt the Horizon league sends two teams this year.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    I doubt BC gets in. I doubt the Horizon league sends two teams this year.
    Would you like to wager you points on Boston College getting in? Because I think they will get in

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I've learned "if I want to win, fade my own picks"

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

bump

ukbsktbll
    ukbsktbll's Avatar Become A Pro!