HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Everyone is scared to take Maryland today?

Dont understand.

Who has Duke beaten that is worth a damn on the road.

And I mean true road games.

Kansas St. was Neutral... Kansas St. is trash

Lost every where else.

Feel me in

Foggy
    Foggy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Not me! I got Terps +165

JBQB107
    JBQB107's Avatar Become A Pro!

After that spanking Duke experienced at Madison Square Garden, there is no way Coach K will not prepare for this game against a Conference opponent. Take Duke with the spread.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

The K-State game wasn't neutral. While the game wasn't played at K-States gym, it was played in Kansas City. That was a pro k-state crowd.

Not that it matters. K-state is garbage.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

i would lean duke but no play

Foggy

Quote Originally Posted by JBQB107 View Post
    After that spanking Duke experienced at Madison Square Garden, there is no way Coach K will not prepare for this game against a Conference opponent. Take Duke with the spread.
    Of course he will be prepared. No one should question that...

9pm start, Comcast Center will be crazy tonight.
    Terps win their 4th staight ACC game.

orangeheaven
    orangeheaven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonna take duke on this one.

Foggy

82% on Duke. Line drops to +4 MD

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

Duke shot 7% for 3 in the fist half against St. Johns and 30% in the second half and ended up 5-26.... no way that will happen again. I'm on Duke

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

I think Duke wins and covers here. I am also a huge Duke fan so take it for what its worth but at the same time I also know when we will struggle and I had Fla St spread and Ml and St Johns spread and ml. I really think Coach K gets after them and they show up big in this one.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Maryland +4.5. Hope they hang on.

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I said it in an earlier thread but let me reiterate: Maryland or no play. Huge Duke fan, but c'mon. This has all the makings for an upset. Home conference game, Duke is MD's biggest rival, the fans despise Duke so the place will be rockin', Duke's road woes, Duke has no one to bang with Jordan Williams inside. Not to mention the public is hammering Duke. Hope I'm wrong.

Might place a small wager on MD ML. That way if Duke does lose I won't be too upset...

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    The K-State game wasn't neutral. While the game wasn't played at K-States gym, it was played in Kansas City. That was a pro k-state crowd. Not that it matters. K-state is garbage.
    fair enough

757sFinest
    757sFinest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Tower View Post
    Duke shot 7% for 3 in the fist half against St. Johns and 30% in the second half and ended up 5-26.... no way that will happen again. I'm on Duke

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Game is too close to call...

Foggy

Dukes 3 point fg% against St Johns is irrelevant. Terps are the top 3 point fg% defense in the ACC.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I hope everyone wins

If that is possible.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Grew up a Duke fan, and I'm laying off this one completely. Too many angles to consider.

-Duke might have been looking ahead past St. Johns to Maryland, so maybe the Devils trounce them.

-But Season results indicate that Duke hasn't really beaten anybody. And that in actuality, they've LOST to their two toughest opponents: SJU/FSU

-Maryland is, and has always been, completely unpredictable. Got trounced at home by VT, then beat Clemson and waxed UVA on the road. Could win this game, and then lose three straight.

-Maryland only lost by 7 at Cameron. And the Twerps always get up for Duke. ALWAYS. (at least for the last decade).

-Maryland desperately needs a signature win to secure an at large berth. And this is the only game left on the schedule that qualifies. Are they really going to fail to make the NCAA's again?

I could see Duke winning by 20. I could see Maryland winning by 7. Good luck whatever play you choose. Unless you take Maryland ML. Fuk you. I hate Maryland.

Power Play
    Power Play's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maryland or nothing in this game.

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Dukes 3 point fg% against St Johns is irrelevant. Terps are the top 3 point fg% defense in the ACC.

I respectfully disagree, Duke is #1 in the acc 3pt fg% just under 40%, that includes their 20% performance against St. Johns. They may not shoot 40% this game, but they aren't going to shoot 20% either, Which in my eyes is what is going to be one of the main reasons they cover tonight.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

this one is tough because it not a good idea to go against duke when they r coming off a lopsided loss but maryland actually is good enough to cover this line...like the terps points here with duke still without their frosh irving at the point they r struggling to run their offense without him.

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

squares on Duke!

Foggy

Quote Originally Posted by Tower View Post
    I respectfully disagree, Duke is #1 in the acc 3pt fg% just under 40%, that includes their 20% performance against St. Johns. They may not shoot 40% this game, but they aren't going to shoot 20% either, Which in my eyes is what is going to be one of the main reasons they cover tonight.
    Had Duke shot 40% from 3 it would have been a even game.

Down to +3.5 for Terps...

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

I like the points, Sagarin has this game pretty much a pick in Baltimore

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Duke has not played a single team that is currently ranked.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Not scared. I think they can win and I'm weighing whether to take them or not.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    -Maryland desperately needs a signature win to secure an at large berth. And this is the only game left on the schedule that qualifies. Are they really going to fail to make the NCAA's again?
    They don't need to beat Duke to make the NCAAs. As things stand now, they'd almost certainly get in.

Beating Duke would help get a higher seed, but they're likely to get in either way.

As for the Kansas State game, it was a semi-away game, as kenpom classifies it.

Pro-KSU crowd/location but not a KSU home game.

steelers4me
    steelers4me's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Not me! I got Terps +165
    I'm with you on Maryland will give Duke their 2nd lost back to back... Duke struggles against team with RED.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would have been on Maryland here if Duke didn't get mauled their last game. I gotta sit this one out but think the best play is the Maryland moneyline.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    They don't need to beat Duke to make the NCAAs. As things stand now, they'd almost certainly get in.

Beating Duke would help get a higher seed, but they're likely to get in either way.
    In most years I'd agree with you. But this isn't most years. The ACC's RPI sucks. The only two ACC teams in the Top 25 are Duke/UNC. And UNC sucks. They are 5-5 outside of Chapel Hill. And are only in the rankings because of name recognition.

Not that Joe Lundardi's "Bracketology" really means shit at this point, but he doesn't have Maryland in the tourney. He doesn't even have them in the "first four out." The Terps are no where near "certainly" in. Hate to burst your "bubble," but if Maryland doesn't beat Duke tonight, they better go 7-1 down the back stretch of ACC play or get ready for another NIT appearance. 10-6 in the conference and no wins against Duke or the top 25 isn't going to be good enough to make it from the ACC this year. Sorry.

Foggy

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    In most years I'd agree with you. But this isn't most years. The ACC's RPI sucks. The only two ACC teams in the Top 25 are Duke/UNC. And UNC sucks. They are 5-5 outside of Chapel Hill. And are only in the rankings because of name recognition.

Not that Joe Lundardi's "Bracketology" really means shit at this point, but he doesn't have Maryland in the tourney. He doesn't even have them in the "first four out." The Terps are no where near "certainly" in. Hate to burst your "bubble," but if Maryland doesn't beat Duke tonight, they better go 7-1 down the back stretch of ACC play or get ready for another NIT appearance. 10-6 in the conference and no wins against Duke or the top 25 isn't going to be good enough to make it from the ACC this year. Sorry.
    This is all kinds of ridiculous... so they've won the last 3... so if the lose tonight they need to close out the season on a 10-2 run just to squeeze into the expanded field? lol. Plus you didn't even mention the conference tournament.

Foggy

Bilas saw the poster in the crowd and went and signed it...))
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-31-15 at 09:55 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Over/Under for this game, what ya got?

sh35109
    sh35109's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duke -4. Believe it.

The Madcap

so if they lose tonight they need to close out the season on a 10-2 run just to squeeze into the expanded field? lol. Plus you didn't even mention the conference tournament.
    Yeah. Exactly. The ACC sucks. I live on Tobacco Road. I know what I'm talking about. Yes, they could make a run in the conference tourney, but if you're relying on the conference tourney to seal your entry (like my Pack had to do every year under Herb Sendek), then you're not "certainly getting in" as one poster stated.

Maryland doesn't have ONE quality victory. Unless you want to count 12-9 Penn State. And last I checked they have lost to every team they've played in the RPI Top 50. (Pitt/Illinois/Temple/VT/Duke/NOVA.) And they lost to BC.

The Big East could get 11 teams. No Joke. The Big 12 could get 9. The Big Ten could get 8. The ACC is looking at four or five MAX. If you count Duke/UNC that leaves only two-three spots for FSU/VTECH/Clemson/BC/Maryland. Someone's getting the short end.

12 Last