ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big day 60+ games- Lets game some dialogue going

(i know people like posting their picks in their own threads but with so many games I think if we keep this to strictly picks and feedback it will be a bit easier)

A good ol market exchange of ideas, Ill start tell me what you think:

Michigan + 10 vs OSU
    -This one is a tricky, while I would never take MICH ML, I think at worse there is a backdoor cover. Its hard to say a Big10 team will lose by 10+ at home

Hofstra -4 vs Towson St
    -These two teams have played and while -4 on the road would just about equal the adjusted total of their first match, I think Hofstra have gotten better since these two last played.

Arkansas -2 vs. LSU
    -LSU does not have a good basketball program, Arkansas has one terrible loss vs a very good Texas team, and otherwise matches up well

Syracuse -2.5 vs. St Johns
    -I trust Big East teams at home, however I think St. Johns will lose this one after they were exposed by ND. I think SYR is better than GTown as well.

St. Louis +10 vs. Duq
    -Backdoor cover or bust

George Mason -6 vs. N'eastern
    -N'eastern has been propped up against weak conference matchups. They don't rebound and GM has size and athleticism on them.

dchecks
    dchecks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Cuse scares me a little, but Cuse's defense should be to much for St. Johns. I will probably buy the hook. Duquesne is playing good ball as of late winning there last 4 in pretty good fashion, and KENPOM absouletly loves them, even thinks they have a shot to win the A-10. I am also looking at the CU @ K-State game. I am liking CU here +10. CU is playing great with a huge win over Mizzu. K-State(overrated) worst free throw team in Div 1 basketball, and Pullen is there only good player. CU doesn't win but they cover!

My Leans:
    Cuse -2(BTH)
    Duq -10
    CU +10
    Mizz first half -7

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough call on Michigan... will they be flat after their big game against Kansas Saturday?

Arkansas should handle LSU.

Cuse scares me, especially after Saturday, because any games that are close with 2 min or so to play they'll start fouling Syracuse and they shot like 17-36 from the charity stripe... if they can't hit 65-70% from the line you're banking on them being up 10-12 late in games...

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

I don't think you can go wrong fading LSU vs. anybody

BrewMaster
    BrewMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1945

Seen a lot of people interested in Mizzou first half. GL

scwical
    scwical's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Arkansas looks to be a good play. Ohio St I like and would like to see it come down under 10. 10 points is a lot in the Big Ten when most teams don't score much. MIchigan is only keeping this game close if they can knock down 3's. Ohio St is just too big inside for them to try and grind it out.

oakas
    oakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17778

Leans so far:

Hofstra
    San Diego State

3GCOVERAGE
    3GCOVERAGE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

Northwestern is my only lean so far. Im scared of st johns at home they've been tough there. They beat northwestern who plays a similar matchup zone although it is not as long or athletic as syracuses zone.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by 3GCOVERAGE View Post
    Northwestern is my only lean so far. Im scared of st johns at home they've been tough there. They beat northwestern who plays a similar matchup zone although it is not as long or athletic as syracuses zone.
    Its MSG - the mecca of basketball - I dont know if they can really claim that

ThingsFallApart

So I like

ARK -2
    SYR -2.5
    Hof -4

And probably tease down Xavier -11, George Mason -6, and MIZZ -11 to around half and couple them with something else.

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by dchecks View Post
    Cuse scares me a little, but Cuse's defense should be to much for St. Johns. I will probably buy the hook. Duquesne is playing good ball as of late winning there last 4 in pretty good fashion, and KENPOM absouletly loves them, even thinks they have a shot to win the A-10. I am also looking at the CU @ K-State game. I am liking CU here +10. CU is playing great with a huge win over Mizzu. K-State(overrated) worst free throw team in Div 1 basketball, and Pullen is there only good player. CU doesn't win but they cover!

My Leans:
    Cuse -2(BTH)
    Duq -10
    CU +10
    Mizz first half -7

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!

I like the Colorado play, I was also thinking about taking Colorado St also.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

northeastern usually rebounds well this time of year. just saying

3GCOVERAGE
    3GCOVERAGE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

Quote Originally Posted by BookiesBernanke View Post
    Its MSG - the mecca of basketball - I dont know if they can really claim that
    Its under four miles away from msg to st johns campus. They've already won a preseason tournament there. Id argue they feel some homecourt advantage. Syracuse is probably rather comfortable there as well but st johns has a history of playing there best basketball there. If you want some details ill pull them out.

ThingsFallApart

The bottom line is Cuse is the better team and matches up against SJU very well. If I didnt come to these damn forums I would have given them 5, but all you experts spooked me out of it.