Rebel90
    Rebel90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Xavier vs. Cincinnati

What are you guys thinking?? Cincinatti looks strong but then again they have not played anyone...There best win is probably their last against Seton Hall. I am thinking about taking Cinci -9..

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I was just handicapping this game and I'm all over Xavier +9

Cincinnati's best win this season came against Dayton (#48 RPI) and their 14-0 is a complete fraud. Xavier has already played 3 games against the RPI Top 20 and a 4th against #45 Gonzaga. Although they've gone 1-3 in those games and their on the road, I can't pass up 9 points for this talented squad. They'll be ready to play because they have a big game Sunday @ Rhode Island to open A-10 play. Cincinnati has already played 9 games against RPI 200+ teams and they have the #327 SOS in the country.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

X only dresses 9 guys.
    Cincy should clean up on the boards.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Gates is such a monster on the boards that the problem. So many extra possessions. But it is a Rivalry game and 9 is a lot. Im passing.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

How many teams really go deeper than 9 guys anyways? I would think 9 is plenty, especially the way Halloway plays. He plays at least 36 minutes a game..

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    How many teams really go deeper than 9 guys anyways? I would think 9 is plenty, especially the way Halloway plays. He plays at least 36 minutes a game..
    I guess it would come down to who has the better talent on the floor and the rebounding margin favoring Cincy should help with the -9 cover

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4757

I haven't seen a lot of teams consistently go double digits deep on their bench. There really isn't any reason to.

Rebel90
    Rebel90's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just don't think xavier is that much better than the seton hall team cincinnati just crushed...opinions?

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Think Cincy rolls but probably will pass

ND25
    ND25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two things:

I bet on Dayton early this year and Cincy beat them by like 80 points that game, also I think that Xavier is a fairly solid team. I think they're better than Seton Hall for sure.

FeelinJuiced
    FeelinJuiced's Avatar Become A Pro!

This will be UCs first big test. I understand UC has had a pretty easy schedule so far but a couple years ago if we played this same schedule we would be 8-6 right now. This team has a good TEAM, there is no one star standout which is a major plus. X is not a bad team but have been struggling this year. This game is always close and a tossup. I am staying away for sure. Good luck to everyone.

bacon22
    bacon22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

This is a tough game to call in my opinion. I think this is going to be a good game this year. Cincy looks like they could be on the way back up.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Seton Hall is terrible. They've been having a hard time competing on a regular basis, Big East play is gonna get ugly. I think Cincinnati will probably win this game, don't get me wrong...but Xavier is a good squad and will finish in the Top 4 in the A10 this season. Plus, inner-city rivalry and Xavier has a big game this weekend...I think they're ready to play and keep it close.

fults400
    fults400's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like xavier +5 first half. I think that if cincy does run away it wont be until late in the game. BOL to everybody.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5362

Xavier may dress that many but they only now play 7 with Canty going down, Andrew Taylor has only 103 Mins. on the season thus far then there 6th man Jeff Robinson has played 218. This in my eyes leads to problems against UC, this will be asking for a ton out of your starters if your X. UC has had the most depth they have had since the Huggins Era,9 guys all playing and contributing and they're going to do everything they can to push the pace on the Muskies running guys in and out on them pressing and trapping...That said -9 does seem way to much considering the history of this rivalry, i don't remember it being that high in the last 15 or so years... Looking forward to a good ole fashion one...GO BEARCATS!!!!!

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Seton Hall is terrible. They've been having a hard time competing on a regular basis, Big East play is gonna get ugly. I think Cincinnati will probably win this game, don't get me wrong...but Xavier is a good squad and will finish in the Top 4 in the A10 this season. Plus, inner-city rivalry and Xavier has a big game this weekend...I think they're ready to play and keep it close.
    Seton Hall is horrible because Hazell got hurt earlier in the year. Did you hear that crazy story about him getting shot over the holidays. Guess he is okay but jeez. They were a one man team.

jjgolf
    jjgolf's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's consider a rivalry

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Xavier may dress that many but they only now play 7 with Canty going down , Andrew Taylor has only 103 Mins. on the season thus far then there 6th man Jeff Robinson has played 218. This in my eyes leads to problems against UC, this will be asking for a ton out of your starters if your X. UC has had the most depth they have had since the Huggins Era,9 guys all playing and contributing and they're going to do everything they can to push the pace on the Muskies running guys in and out on them pressing and trapping...That said -9 does seem way to much considering the history of this rivalry, i don't remember it being that high in the last 15 or so years... Looking forward to a good ole fashion one...GO BEARCATS!!!!!
    Solid post.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

I really wanted to pound Xavier, nine points just seems like too many in a cross town rivalry game where neither team is really that much more distinguished than the other. But then I checked Xavier's game log and saw they lost to Miami(OH). These are not Wally's Redhawks. Any team that can lose to this year's Miami(OH) and struggled to beat Wake Forest is not someone I want to wager my money on. Staying away.

keith22
    keith22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Was on X also. Cincy has been rolling. Instead of switching, better just to make it a no play.

AbeFroman
    AbeFroman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

I'm on the NP train as well here.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

die Cincinatti lol