Rebel90
    Rebel90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Up 5k on the weekend..Time to start posting..

After losing 4 straight games to end the work week I pulled off 9 straight wins between Friday and Sunday...I should note that I bet in NCAAF,NCAAB,NBA, and NFL. I will post my picks and hope the streak continues! Let me here what you think and hopefully we can all make $!

Today's NCAAB picks...

Michigan State -2.5 (1 Unit)

Butler -10 (1 Unit)

Today in NCAAF...

Stanford -3.5 (2 Units)

I am on the bubble with taking Florida State -14. I will decide later and post it if I take it.

GOOD LUCK!

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

like butler and fla st
    i'd have bought the hook off on stanford tho

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL tonight

Rebel90

Stanford Hook

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    like butler and fla st
    i'd have bought the hook off on stanford tho

I was 50-50 on buying the .5 but I honestly don't see it being a close game. I could be dead wrong but I think Stanford wins by 10. VT has improved a great deal over the season but I love Stanford..It comes down to one question for me...If Stanford played Oregon again I think its a 7 point game with Stanford having a legit shot at winning...Falling appart in the second half of that game is what makes this spread so low...21-3 Stanford in that game going into the second quarter...Could you see VT playing Oregon like that...I just can't.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

rebel, i would have preferred that u be up 5,000
    after posting

Rebel90

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    rebel, i would have preferred that u be up 5,000
    after posting

If I only knew what was to come! You guys wouldn't have played my outlandish picks anyways....Such as my 5k dollar ML on the Colts to win 1k! Horrible bet that I somehow pulled off! I deserved it after losing on TENN and KSTATE in FB though!

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

WTF?!? You risked 5k to win 1k?!? Really?!? That seems like an awful goofy bet! Not very good money management IMO. Luckily we pulled it out. I had a big ML parlay with Houston, Ind, and GB. I was completely stressed out around 6pm yesterday with the GB and Colts games going down to the wire. I thought for sure the Colts were done after that fumble. But whadda know....TENN lost the ball too! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel90 View Post
    If I only knew what was to come! You guys wouldn't have played my outlandish picks anyways....Such as my 5k dollar ML on the Colts to win 1k! Horrible bet that I somehow pulled off! I deserved it after losing on TENN and KSTATE in FB though!

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

ill follow ur bets for fun, good look.

Rebel90

Butler ahhh! Lol

Rebel90

Day 1

Finished on top thanks to Stanford coming out like I expected. Should have went with more than 200! Shocked at Butler getting spanked but Michigan State snuck out the win.

2-1 up $190.

Rebel90

Day 2

Here are my plays for tomorrow..

NCAAB...

Ohio State -13 ($100)

UCONN +5.5 ($100)

NCAAF...

Arkansas +3 ($200)

I think I have a great shot at a sweep tomorrow. Ohio State is playing strong and iowa is just not a good team. After Just losing to an average illinois team I can't see them keeping this game within 20.

Obviously the uconn play is great value as well. They could win outright, but I do think that ND is the better team. I predict ND by 5.

Arkansas wins out right. Bottom line. I would take the -3 nevermind +3.

What do you guys think!?

Rebel90

No one taking these games!? Opinions??

DaOutlaw1x
    DaOutlaw1x's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

I like Arkansas and UConn BOL

slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

confused ; personally I feel if you are riding a hot streak you should increase your bet/unit size.
    You state in 3 days you won $5K yet then with 2 days of posting you are betting around $400 each day in total.
    This seems like a major reduction in unit size from your winning weekend.

Sounds to me lke you got very lucky chasing large size bets over the weekend and betting more than usual ; these won last weekend but that type of betting usually will lose so I would rather see more results before commenting further.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arkansas is +11 or 10.5

Rebel90

well

Quote Originally Posted by slimpickins View Post
    confused ; personally I feel if you are riding a hot streak you should increase your bet/unit size.
    You state in 3 days you won $5K yet then with 2 days of posting you are betting around $400 each day in total.
    This seems like a major reduction in unit size from your winning weekend.

Sounds to me lke you got very lucky chasing large size bets over the weekend and betting more than usual ; these won last weekend but that type of betting usually will lose so I would rather see more results before commenting further.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree. After running off 9 straight wins my instinct is to cut back my amounts. Instead of betting 500-1000 a game I am going to keep it at 100-300 for now. I now have a 10k br to play a larger range of games.going further.

slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes but do you have the patience when you start losing which at some point will happen to keep the unit size at 100 or will you start firing away $1000 plays when things are going south and end up losing all of it.
    If you are going to do that anyway which I suspect you will, better to wager large amounts when hot rather than when cold.
    gl either way, not trying to be a jerk just pointing out that you obviously were betting much bigger amounts over the weekend picks which were not posted so anyone following does not expect the possibiliy of winning 5k in a few days if tailing you.
    Hope you keep up the streak!

Rebel90

Adding Creighton to the mix today +1.5 ($100)

Rebel90

Quote Originally Posted by LockPickMaster View Post
    Arkansas is +11 or 10.5

I took them in NCAAF not hoops.

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Here are my plays for tomorrow..

NCAAB...

Ohio State -13 ($100)

UCONN +5.5 ($100)

NCAAF...

Arkansas +3 ($200)

I think I have a great shot at a sweep tomorrow. Ohio State is playing strong and iowa is just not a good team. After Just losing to an average illinois team I can't see them keeping this game within 20.

Obviously the uconn play is great value as well. They could win outright, but I do think that ND is the better team. I predict ND by 5.

Arkansas wins out right. Bottom line. I would take the -3 nevermind +3.

What do you guys think!?

I like OH St tonight in Hoops and I love Ark tonight in the bowl game. Not sure about UConn, although if I played that one I would have to take them. I am looking hard at Depaul +11 and Creighton +2. Good luck on your plays I will be on 2 of them for sure.

Rebel90

Quote Originally Posted by Holdin Aces View Post
    I like OH St tonight in Hoops and I love Ark tonight in the bowl game. Not sure about UConn, although if I played that one I would have to take them. I am looking hard at Depaul +11 and Creighton +2. Good luck on your plays I will be on 2 of them for sure.

MS winning only 3 of their last 30 in the Misouri Valley Conference on the road is what sealed it for me......It is the right play for sure. I wish I got in better than at +1.5
    Last edited by Rebel90; 01-04-11 at 03:04 PM.

E-ftw
    E-ftw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

I am going to have to respectfully disagree. After running off 9 straight wins my instinct is to cut back my amounts. Instead of betting 500-1000 a game I am going to keep it at 100-300 for now. I now have a 10k br to play a larger range of games.going further.

this is just my opinion not bashing by any means but hear me out.... I see the same mistake when people play blackjack.... So if you lost 9 in a row it would be ok to increase your bet but since you won 9 in a row its smart to cut it????? I see this in bj a lot and its wrong in my view. It should be as your bankroll increases so should your bets. If you use money managment percent wise you would understand my point. but gl all i can say is if you start to lose, thats when you should be cutting down your betting not when you are on a streak.. gl on your plays as i also like arkansas...